Ima Freeman

Sleep = Nonexistence

32 posts in this topic

Every day I enter a infinite void. There is nothing, not even time.
Then out of this nonexistence, perceptions arise. At first very subtle, then of heightened intensity.

I am terrorized by the thought of the end of my life, death, but isn't it true that the sense of self, that being, seizes to exist every day.
How is this any different than dying?

This is the end of being. But then it arises again, but who can guarantee this?

You're completely right. You die every day. In fact you die every second. When you blink, that is death - that is THE BLANK.

You're the one that choses to come back.. so if that's the case, you will only " die" when you want to die.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Hi @SamC are you the owner of the @samc twitter handle? Twitter.com/samc ? I am trying to find the owner and wanted to know if that is you?

. It's a really pleasant thought that you can find that safety and restoration each day in your rest. Never thought about it that way, ceasing to exist, to then wake up and reimagine your life. 

@sheaw  No that's not meO.o

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Who opens its eyes in the morning, washes its face in the mirror, walks through the day, observes its dreams at night, continues even in deep sleep, and still remains regardless of the appearance of death?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

There is no proof for deep sleep in your direct experience.

Now you might disagree and say something like: "I videotaped myself sleeping and watching it now, see, there's the proof! I even recorded the brainwaves indicating the deep sleep phases, another proof!"

But this is no proof. There is just the watching of a video tape right now and the interpretation of some brain wave records right now.

So, ultimately: There is no proof for deep sleep in your direct experience.

Edited by EnIightenment

3 minutes ago, EnIightenment said:

So, ultimately: There is no proof for deep sleep in your direct experience.

Nor is there proof for other states of the dream, beyond direct experience. Whether you are dreaming, or dreaming within the dream, as long as you identify as the character you are still entirely entangled in the dream.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

18 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Nor is there proof for other states of the dream, beyond direct experience. Whether you are dreaming, or dreaming within the dream, as long as you identify as the character you are still entirely entangled in the dream.

Which makes all those threads discussing deep sleep, psychedelic experiences etc. etc. a moot point.

2 minutes ago, EnIightenment said:

Which makes all those threads discussing deep sleep, psychedelic experiences etc. etc. a moot point.

It makes every spiritual discussion a moot point, yet here we are xD Welcome to the forum btw!

On 30.5.2023 at 8:20 PM, Moksha said:

..., continues even in deep sleep, and still remains regardless of the appearance of death?

Absolutely nothing. 

But in the waking state there is consciousness.

There seems to be a state of conscious deep sleep called Jagrat Sushupti. 
Apparently one can practice to enter it.

On 26.5.2023 at 10:58 AM, SamC said:

You're completely right. You die every day. In fact you die every second. When you blink, that is death - that is THE BLANK.

You're the one that choses to come back.. so if that's the case, you will only " die" when you want to die.

It is not in my experience that I choose.

51 minutes ago, Ima Freeman said:

Absolutely nothing. 

But in the waking state there is consciousness.

Is it possible that absolutely nothing is absolutely aware, regardless of form consciousness?

36 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Is it possible that absolutely nothing is absolutely aware, regardless of form consciousness?

Let me ask a higher power for the answer….

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

reality is unlimited, therefore, is. the lack of limitation make inevitable the being. being is unlimited, it can be anything, it is infinite. Its power is limitless, but there is one thing it cannot do. not to be. it is impossible. At the same moment that it ceased to be, it would be again, since the interval between these two moments would be non-existence, so doesn't exist, there is not interval and there is not time, it's being, now. And the now is eternal.

God is trapped in eternity. but since he is infinite, it does not feel trapped, but free

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Yimpa @Breakingthewall So little time, so little to do, so many places not to go...

23 hours ago, Moksha said:

Aware of what? :D

I have experienced fainting and having a blackout on to much space cake. And i sleep every day :P
To me it seems as if i am never unconscious, my consciousness just skips forward. If there is an infinite void at the end of life, then where would it come from and how would you be conscious of it?  Does unconscious really exist?

I once went wild camping in a hammock in a pitch dark forest. In absolute middle of the night i woke up, and there was no sound, no light and because i was hanging it sorta felt like floating. Its the closest iv been to absolute nothingness and it was a really strange sensation. But blank sensory input still seems to have static.

1 hour ago, Ima Freeman said:

Aware of what? :D

Just awareness, no OFs, ANDs, or BUTs xD

9 hours ago, Moksha said:

Just awareness, no OFs, ANDs, or BUTs xD

So, you say awareness ultimately does not need an object, sensation, etc.?

I have a sense of being, because I'm aware of sensations, thoughts, feelings.
Without them nothing would exist.
No awareness = no being

Sleep doesn't happen. All ideas regarding what will happen to you at X event (such as death) exists as a result of having an idea that there is a being which knows things.

If you take the "I" out of all experience, the state of the physical body you associate yourself with is completely irrelevant. These events don't actually take place at all if there is no idea of an "I"... See the sleep thing, if there WAS an "I", then clearly it is viewing some things then everything goes pitch dark and the character seems to be extinguished temporarily from existence. Naturally then, you will see that as being your fate at death without the waking up on the other side... Without the idea of any "I", all appearances appear by themselves in absence of any such thing. So there isn't any "I" to enter into nonexistence or to come out of it (such as with sleep) or to be alive or to die. There's just a series of different appearances, all of which appear alone by themselves never witnessed.

Edited by OldManCorcoran