StarStruck

Do you have any addictions?

63 posts in this topic

Luckily most of my addictions are in the past. My only addiction right now is drinking wine once a week. Do you have any addictions?

In Tate we trust

Music, really.

If I listened to myself I would listen to it 24 hours a day, and I sometimes have feelings of lack when I force myself to stop.

edit :

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

Luckily most of my addictions are in the past. My only addiction right now is drinking wine once a week. Do you have any addictions?

It's not really what I call an addiction ah ah, you are even very reasonable. :ph34r:

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Schizophonia

Addiction = attachment

My addiction is not unhealthy, but it is attachment nonetheless which I would call addiction.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

14 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

@Schizophonia

Addiction = attachment

My addiction is not unhealthy, but it is attachment nonetheless which I would call addiction.

Addict means that you can't do without something or have great difficulty, it's another concept than attachment.

1 minute ago, Schizophonia said:

Addict means that you can't do without something or have great difficulty, it's another concept than attachment.

That's dependence

13 minutes ago, Ima Freeman said:

That's dependence

By "can't" it was an abuse of language for "big" psychological difficulties to do without it".
I don't know if this abuse is used in English, mea culpa.

But the op is not addicted to wine, it's not like he thinks about it all the time.
It's only one drink a week...

@Schizophonia
Do you know that?

I have periods of alcohol cravings where I am maybe drinking on one day, but have to fight against it the rest of the week.

Addiction is a coercion of the mind. Either you give in or not.

2 minutes ago, Ima Freeman said:

@Schizophonia
Do you know that?

I have periods of alcohol cravings where I am maybe drinking on one day, but have to fight against it the rest of the week.

Addiction is a coercion of the mind. Either you give in or not.

OP did not state or imply having recurring cravings, just that he was "attached" to his weekly glass of wine.
It's subtle, but maybe OP misspoke.

It doesn't matter.

Caffeine is the only thing I really need to feel upright.  One or two cups of coffee a day is enough for me although I've made attempts before to ditch it completely.

Edited by enzyme

4 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Addiction = attachment

In that case, everything.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Don't mention drinking wine. Please nooooo. Lol. Did you see the bud light thread where I mentioned that I drank wine. The wine police came at me in full force. ?

Unconditional love is all there is. 

1 hour ago, Juan said:

Making art:)

Hi Juan. Mines is wine...hehe just kidding. I checked out your channel. Nice art. You haven't posted in awhile, tho. And is that you in the female picture. Beautiful.

6 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Don't mention drinking wine. Please nooooo. Lol. Did you see the bud light thread where I mentioned that I drank wine. The wine police came at me in full force. ?

These are people with a weak holistic view of things. It's not like a glass of wine here and there is going to change anything, even in the long run. :ph34r:

Edited by Schizophonia

3 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

These are people with a weak holistic view of things. It's not like a glass of wine here and there is going to change anything, even in the long run. :ph34r:

It might even be good for you in moderation. I dunno. Don't care. The body likes wine so I give it wine. Some things I tell it no to but wine isn't one of them. 

38 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Being addiction free = being a free man

I value freedom. 

Get deeper insights what addictions are. 

It is not about quantity but quality. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

25 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Being addiction free = being a free man

I value freedom. 

Get deeper insights what addictions are. 

It is not about quantity but quality. 

You are not addicted to anything. It is a pattern of the body/Mind. The mind leads the body follows. It's a conditioned response. Change the conditioning, change the pattern. Change the focus, change the direction. This is just my take, anyway. I don't know. I've never done any researches on how addictions work. Anyone with a different view, would love to hear it. I'm open to other perspectives. I'm here to broaden my horizons and learn. What you don't know, you don't know.

7 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

You are not addicted to anything. It is a pattern of the body/Mind. The mind leads the body follows. It's a conditioned response. Change the conditioning, change the pattern. Change the focus, change the direction. This is just my take, anyway. I don't know. I've never done any researches on how addictions work. Anyone with a different view, would love to hear it. I'm open to other perspectives. I'm here to broaden my horizons and learn. What you don't know, you don't know.

I defeated multiple addictions in a short time and I have done my home work. Your understanding of addictions is very shallow but you are sort of right: the consciousness that is trapped within the mind is addicted to the pleasure of the flesh (body). 

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

It might even be good for you in moderation. I dunno. Don't care. The body likes wine so I give it wine. Some things I tell it no to but wine isn't one of them. 

It is ok to have some guilty pleasures to avoid ego backlash. Drinking wine is pretty harmless considering I eat healthy and do sports. 

When I’m drinking wine I always picture myself as a Roman soldier or something. I only drink it if I earned it. 

Wine = spirit = spirituality 

In Tate we trust