Razard86

Many People Who Are Fighting Absolute Solipsism Do Not Even Know What It Is

539 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

At this point I´ve reached more profound and clear states of Being without 'drugs' than with them. And yes, that includes the infamous 5 MEO. Which I´ve done over 10-15 plugged and 2 times inhaled. 'On my own' i go beyond 5 Meo. 

It's even better, because it doesn't have any of the residual confusion and anxiety of the ego. You are supposed to produce all of that on your own, not taking syringes up your ass for life or inhaling from a crack pipe. Fuck´s sakes.

But hey, to EACH THEIR OWN, I can't repeat myself more times... if they want to keep feeling miserable thinking a chemical has something they don't have, just because 'they want to be right' in their own limiting beliefs, to each their own...maybe when they get tired of it, and truly get in contact with the power is within (as new-agey as that sounds), another perspective can arise.

Really Inspiring. Bon voyage on your path, that will walk itself soon enough all by itself, just following the bliss of its own essence.

The Path showing itself to itself, after having won the grace of your True Nature.

Some day, there will no one walking this path anymore. The path will become the unfolding of Infinite Reality itself. A Reality so wonderful expressing itself in every moment that no interference will ever be necessary again, or even possible again.... 

The states that can be achieved by meditation and energetic techniques are real and very powerful with enough practice. Most people get quite serious when they see that:

The awakened states of for example infinite Nonduality, or Real Impersonal No-Self - Impersonal Infinite Consciousness Suchness, do have their impacts on the brainwaves, and for sure for the body-own Endo-Huasca-System producing a cocktail of body-endogenous Psychedelics:

https://dmtquest.org/endohuasca-magic/

How else to explain the powerful infinite nondual awakened states achieveable by Psychedelics can be had with meditation and energetic practices, and which are so similiar to the Psychedelic experiences? 

It's even better, because it doesn't have any of the residual confusion and anxiety of the ego. 

Yes. Because it is a stage that has been earned by transformation and transcendence. States that have become permanent as stages. Going from states, to plateaus, to very permanent stages. And the remaining self doing these practices gets more and more refined. Pure. Impersonal. Empty. Transcendal. 

Not the remains of a separate ego/self, switched on and off by psychedelics, but never fully gone. The remains hindering the Full Realization in daily life, and are also projected on Infinite Consciousness during the trip, disfiguring its pure empty impersonal nature. So some lense always remain that prevent the final deep shift of Full Enlightenment.

Ken Wilber: "The downside comes with people that only use psychedelics or drugs. And I found that over the years they just become mean it's somehow I just kind of closes them down.

Its  like you keep doing it and you keep doing it you keep doing and it doesn't quite cause the transformation. It can cause a peak experience but generally not a transformative experience and some people like David Deida will say that in order for altered changes of state to contribute to transformationpermit transformation it has to be basically endogenous not exogenous.

It has to be has your own source.

The people that do use both [psychedelics and meditation] and use it as a sacrament I think an enormous bit out of it. "

Anybody ever wondered why that is? That Spirit/Infinite Reality prevents the crossing over through the Gateless Gate to Full Enlightenment if the soul is not purified enough, the separate-self/ego-illusion emptied out and transcended completely, all deaths died, all illusions gone? Maybe it is not a bug, but a deep deep feature? If we admit Infinite Intelligence to Infinite Reality, maybe Infinite Reality demands and requires giving up and transcending certain last subtle lenses also, letting the Illusion of separation fully die? And a high degree of compassion and some kind of Boddhisattva-vow? Because Infinite Reality itself IS Love? A fundamental archetype of manifestation, of essence? Sounds familiar and resonates?

This combination of Transcendence and love is a deep structure of all spiritual systems of all ages.

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj — 'Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows.'

Water by the River

18 minutes ago, Moksha said:

You can't conceptually convince anyone to awaken. It's like an apple ripening on a tree. No matter how impatient you may feel, nothing makes a difference until the apple is finally ready to release its attachment to the tree. Try plucking it too soon, and a sour apple is all you get.

Beautifully written. Reminded me on this here:

Water by the River

38 minutes ago, Moksha said:

One thing I've been wanting to ask is whether you are trying to sustain the extreme experiences you have on psychedelics, in the belief that this is possible as a perpetual state. It's not. Enlightenment is the unconditional flow state of the absolute, and ecstasy eventually resolves into serenity. As Ramana Maharshi puts it:

The final obstacle in meditation is ecstasy; you feel great bliss and happiness and want to stay in that ecstasy. Do not yield to it but pass to the next stage which is great calm. The calm is higher than ecstasy and it merges into samadhi.

Same in Mahamudra:

"Tashi Namgyel's crossing-over [to Enlightenment] instructions are as follows:
The likely time is when the practitioner has refined any intense experiences of nonconceptual stillness, clarity, or bliss, and then continuously meditates, having attained certainty letting the mind's [natural] brightness and clarity come forth in awareness,"

Brown, Pointing out the Great Way

Selling Water by the River

Edited by Water by the River

20 minutes ago, Moksha said:

It's the art of archery, where each thought is brought down with a precisely-placed arrow, before it even has the chance to fly.

that would never work for me. I stop the thoughts whenthey stop making sense. Thoughts are the manifestation of something, they are not controllable. you have to understand where they come from, and open yourself up to it. 

Notice your mental and physical habits, which cause you to suffer, and remain within the absolute instead of indulging in them

Same, habits are a manifestation. Control the habits is a mistake, they have to dissapear spontaneously. 

One thing I've been wanting to ask is whether you are trying to sustain the extreme experiences you have on psychedelics

I have 3 experiences with psychedelics that are completely different from each other and each one has a function:

5meo, realization of the absolute. this is essential. the absolute is unimaginable, an opening to it for 1 minute leaves a mark on you, illuminates your person, cleanses it. makes your whole being say: this. nothing else matters. 

mushrooms: strange, revealing, momentary visions that are shown to you and give you an indelible deep understanding in 1 second. images that are worth more than a year of normal maturation.

weed: one or two puffs, non-dual state, mind expanded, fusion with now, opening, looking infinity in the face. 

these practices create a better sober experience every time. joy begins to be a constant. When you get rid of suffering, you realize the suffering that was there. while you lived in it you were not aware. the slightest mental suffering becomes intolerable. you have to be completely free of that. suffering is fear. you have to get over your fear and look into the infinite in the face, without any handholds

Edited by Breakingthewall

On my own' i go beyond 5 Meo

an experience of total openness to infinity with 5 meo is something that I doubt even mystics like ramana maharshi or Ramakrishna can access. It is something forbidden, impossible. It is not silence or emptiness, it is the essence of reality, it is total enlightenment, it is impossible. is the infinity alive. 

To be able to open yourself totally with 5 meo is not easy. the substance is not going to do everything for you. It is a big help, but it is you who must open up

7 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

that would never work for me. I stop the thoughts whenthey stop making sense. Thoughts are the manifestation of something, they are not controllable. you have to understand where they come from, and open yourself up to it.

If you let the thought get close enough that you need to consider whether or not it makes sense, it's too late. You missed the shot. To master archery requires realizing that every thought is a lie, and automatically shooting it down. It's not about struggling against or analyzing thoughts or habits, but about deeply realizing that they always lead to suffering. They are the enemy, and need not be given any ground. Take a clean shot and move on.

Whenever a thought arises, do not be carried away by it. Be rid of thoughts.

The more integrated you become, the clearer it is that thoughts are an unnecessary byproduct of the conditioned mind. You start to live directly, beyond thoughts. You are under no delusion that thoughts can help you, despite their insistence to the contrary.

On the relative level, basic thoughts contributing to survival are fine, but they are dramatically less necessary than most people realize. Generally, you can survive just fine on autopilot.

@Water by the River Lightning storm on the horizon. ⚡

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

10 minutes ago, Moksha said:

The more integrated you become, the clearer it is that thoughts are an unnecessary byproduct of the conditioned mind. You start to live directly, beyond thoughts. You are under no delusion that thoughts can help you, despite their insistence to the contrary

. The thoughts are just a manifestation of fear. You have to go directly to the fear, and forget the thoughts

5 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

If you say that to me is that you didn't understand where I am. The thoughts are just a manifestation of fear. You have to go directly to the fear, and forget the thoughts

You don't even have to go to fear. You only need to remain anchored in the absolute, which is beyond fear. Everything else appearing to arise is a distraction, nothing more.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

10 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

I understand what you say with a non-dual and infinite visual field. i come to that with 1 puff of weed, sober close. the present moment completely loses all interpretation and reveals itself as meaningless, unified, without differentiation subject object, empty of content, and limitless. Over all, real. The naked reality.  But it could be longer, it's just moments, some minutes

I don't understand how you can get to that with the observation and control of thoughts, I would say that it is impossible for me. The way to get there is to erase from this moment any fear, any barrier. open yourself fully to the moment and give of yourself. dissolve in yourself. you can go on thinking, but thoughts don't lock you in, they are surges that happen like anything else. although I suppose that if they disappeared completely the opening would be greater, total. that is where i have to arrive, to the total, absolute emptiness of the thinking mind. surrender must be total, any thought is a hold, we have to let go, totally. The i have to dissapear.  I'm walking in that direction. Every opening is a step

The deciding step for really getting the nondual awakened states flowing what is described below. Before that point in practice, no Nonduality, the visual field rock solid "material" and out there "external". No awakened state.

To get there took quite some years. Could have been faster with good coaching, but didn't have that.

Imagine it like this: Many years of meditation the mindful-way. Zero awakened state from that, not to even think about Nonduality at all. Didn't even know what that really is, despite reading about it.

And then the bliss of these states, and nonduality opened up.... But that was also a process over several years. Cutting off the mindstream like this, or at least letting it fully transparent flow in oneself (that is not the usual mindfulness, its thought train appears like an object-flow in you), changes the energetic states of the whole system.

It is an indirect path (but it can't be different): You influence the thought via ATTENTION (this is something you can guide/focus/control). You can't directly influence the Awakened State, how could you. You look into the thoughts, like described below. They dissolve then, their nature IS emptiness/consciousness. That done long enough brings the energetic shift to the awakened states. At least for me. And for thousands of others, see the Mahamudra-and Dzogchen practicelineages. Since more than one Millenia.

And of course you can do that also! Every being can. The essence of each thought IS Consciousness/Emptiness. The separate-self IS these thoughts, and corresponding feelings. One can dissolve them all. And that clears the way.

Reality it litereally desinged in such a way that:

• Separate Self = Clouding over= thought stream
  • when that is not cut/Trekchö, the clouding mechanism starts: Reality is "out" there/external/duality, "solid/material, and limited (visual field bubble has an imagined border) not infinite.
  • Switch off the separate self thought/feeling flow, the illusion-system ("out" there/external, "solid/material, and limited) gets switched off).

That design of Reality makes complete sense:

• Samsara NEEDS this illusion (external/duality, solid, not infinite)
  • The illusion can be dissolved by aligning to Reality (EMPTY IMPERSONAL JUST AWARENESS, NOT separate self-illusion).when that is practiced to make the mindstream conform to Reality, the illusion arisings  (external/duality, solid, not infinite) fall away. Yoga of One Taste
  • And in that nondual impersonal state of Infinite nondual mere appearance/lucid/not solid Infinite Consciousness, one can dissolve the final subtle illusion: Subtle Separateness of a Transparent witness, still coloured by Individuality and Separateness. Yoga of Nonmeditation.

I can only highly recommend you to read the book, start the practice (similiar as described below) over a longer time period, and see what happens.

Psychedelics only lift the veil mainly concerning this here (external/duality, solid, not infinite). But they don't dissolve the Illusion mechanism, the clouding over.

Let's describe it in Engineering-language:

• The separate self is a positive feedback-loop: Uncut/Untranscended thought-stream including separate self I-thoughts/I-feelings triggers a system that cause these illusion arisings for the visual field: illusion arisings  (external/duality, solid, not infinite). And also regular dissatisfaction/suffering, which make the ego work on its next salvation-project to bring experiences that bring bliss and relieve. The endless circle of suffering, N+1.
    • and an enormously stable clouding-over illusion system of the separate self. Works in Billions of people, normally nobody wakes up just by chance. Some do, then its normally Karma or something the like. But extremely few. 
  • Cut that system, at some point the cutting/Treckchö becomes self sustaining: positive feedback loop. Because its lovely, brings bliss. 
    • And before that tilting point, it takes energy, because its unpleasant. A negative feedback-loop while meditating. Mayas Illusion-protection-mechanism.  Must be there, else everybody would be meditating.
  • Then, via keeping the mindstream cut/Trekchö/Transcended, another positive feedback loop sets in: The Endohuasca-system gets triggered.
  • This then makes the visual field mere appearance/lucid/not solid/infinite, and especially duality/externality goes. Brown calles it Boundless Timeless Awake Awareness/Consciousness.
  • And resting in that brings even way more bliss, which allows dissolving core elements/Traumas of the separate self, and staying lucid in daily life also with problems.
  • In these states, the last remnants of the separation-illusion are dissolved...

Try to think in

•  "positive-feedback-loops", 
  • and tilting points/mountain-passes to reach, having climed in goes downhill or automatic/nice/blissful. 
  • and initial uphill-climbs to get to the first downhill-track after crossing the mountain pass height
    • Willpower/Suffering while meditating until a certain point, then blissfull/downhill/automatic. 
    • Then, ego/Trauma/pain throws curve ball, and the current meditation/bliss fails. 
      • Further practice. Momentum building. Gradually dissolving of the separate self contraction and suffering, bliss gets stronger. Increasingly, more and more difficult life situation can be handled lucid.

And the magic point is, after some years: Sitting somewhere on a park bench, the bliss flowing, and: realizing the freedom & fullness of not needing anything. 

Water by the River

From this Link:

For me, the crucial Point for really getting the meditation "really" off the pillow into daily life was getting to THAT here

Skill of Recognition: (1. Yoga of Mahamudra system)

Now it gets interesting. That was the decisivepoint for me once I understood that, and implemented it. Afterwards, it started to get nondual pretty soon...

If you look HOW the thoughts emerge,

• (1) out of what they emerge,
  • (2) what they are,
  • (3) in what they move
  • (4) into what they disappear

ALL of that (1)(2)(3)(4) must be present. Thoughts DO appear. From "something". Stay in "something". Consisting of "something"

All of that is Emptiness, or Consciousness, or Nothingness. Thoughts are made of "that","move in that", "dissolve into that".

and you will never SEE that, or can say what it is. Nothing. But not a blank nothing. An aware Nothing. Actually the essence of all world-appearances, but that comes later, when it gets nondual, at the Yoga of One Taste.

What happens if you investigate into emerging thoughts this way, is that they get FASTER. VERY FAST. Like 20-30 emergent thoughts/feeling arisings per second, most of them rudimentary. The mind does this to keep the illusion going. To make it too fast for you. But at some point, you learned to get that fast also...

• Basically, looking into a thought, one sees its Emptiness/Nothingness (one doesn't find the thought, it evaporates). It is cut off. Dzogchen calls this cutting off "Trekchö".
  • Daniel Brown called this stage a "High Speed Search Task into the unfindability of the nature of thoughts". A High Speed Search task into their emptiness, into their nature as consciousness, as Nothingness.
  • So the emerging gets fast, very fast. Daniel Ingram also mentions that. But at some point, with enough practice and familiarity, YOU get faster. You spot and cut off every very fast, subtle, fragmentary thought arising. None of them "grips" you anymore, since you have seen them all, and their structure. Just thoughts arising very fast.
    • You don't control which thoughts arise. Depended origination, they are just emerging by themselves.
    • You can focus on just their arising (of thoughts), just their staying, just their going away.
    • At some point, they just emerge, looking into their nature is automatic, and they immediately dissolve. No duration. Just emergence, and poof gone. And when you are fast enough, you get a continuance of staying mindful. When that happens its pretty clear what happened. Your attention got so fast that you can stay mindful even through the high-speed thought emergence.
    • At the end, they come very fast, they don't get "elaborated out". Thinking, or elaborating the thoughts out, is slower than their emergence. They emerge already fully complete with their content, and then slowly get "talked/elaborated" in your mind. Natural reaction: So WHO the f*** am I (pardon my french) when I
      • don't control what thoughts emerge and
      • if they appear fully with their content in a fraction of a second, and get elaborated later in a hypnotic show over several second?
      • good question... to be answered later.

Outcome is: 

• You know the nature of every possible thought (Consciousness-Emptiness-Nothingness), of the whole mental-continuum of thoughts, all that there can be. Their nature.
  • you can cut off or transcend/just watch your normal mindstream in most daily situations without getting caught up/hypnotized by it, which already here leads to a lot of bliss. Not sufficient bliss to get ones separate self completely handled, but already quite wonderful. That is the start of real freedom.
  • You know how your mindstream hypnotizes you, and gets faster when you actually look into each thought arising and its nature.
  • At some point you get fast enough to cut off every arising, or let it elaborate in a controlled aka mindful way.

@UnbornTao Oh please hit me. Instead of watching some nice travel-documentation as planned on TV yours truly did again the overkill... :)

14 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

If you say that to me is that you didn't understand where I am. The thoughts are just a manifestation of fear. You have to go directly to the fear, and forget the thoughts

The essence of fears is the same as oft thoughts: Looked into their nature, they dissolve in their own emptiness/consciousness. Same practice as described in my last post.

Yet, better one starts with "easier" every-day-thoughts first, and slowly works oneself up to the major opponents in this game: Fears, Trauma, Core-problems....

One opponent after the other. And just staying on top everday-life-thoughts and cutting them brings the skills/ability to face the larger enemies...

Water by the River

God the amount of blabbering You guys are doing. ?‍♂️

A little less conversation, a little more action please...

5 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

13 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Psychedelics only lift the veil mainly concerning this here (external/duality, solid, not infinite). But they don't dissolve the Illusion mechanism, the clouding over.

For me psychedelic are a tool for understanding. I think that's the key. Not conceptual understanding, of course. Understanding of the barries that veils. For me will and control are not tools in this game, because they are the walls. 

16 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

So the emerging gets fast, very fast. Daniel Ingram also mentions that. But at some point, with enough practice and familiarity, YOU get faster. You spot and cut off every very fast, subtle

But If you do that, you strength the you. Because YOU are doing a effort, trying something, and that is precisely the barrier 

18 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

And in that nondual impersonal state of Infinite nondual mere appearance/lucid/not solid Infinite Consciousness, one can dissolve the final subtle illusion: Subtle Separateness of a Transparent witness,

Yes , seems that this is the final step. 

21 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

The separate self is a positive feedback-loop: Uncut/Untranscended thought-stream including separate self I-thoughts/I-feelings triggers a system that cause these illusion arisings for the visual field: illusion arisings  (external/duality, solid, not infinite)

Yes , it's a loop created by fear that construct a bubble that encapsules the moment creating the illusion of the separate self. Fear is the key. 

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:
23 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

For me psychedelic are a tool for understanding. I think that's the key. Not conceptual understanding, of course. Understanding of the barries that veils. For me will and control are not tools in this game, because they are the walls. 

I wrote a bit sloppy: Sure Psychedelics dissolve large parts of the separate self. But not all of it. The most subtle layers remain. And they are very subtle

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:
25 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

So the emerging gets fast, very fast. Daniel Ingram also mentions that. But at some point, with enough practice and familiarity, YOU get faster. You spot and cut off every very fast, subtle

But If you do that, you strength the you. Because YOU are doing a effort, trying something, and that is precisely the barrier

Yes, correct observation. But necessary at this stage. And that gets automated by training. At some point, when its automatic, one throws the stick in the fire. But that comes quite late (Yoga of Nonmeditation, last stage).

And to get to 15-20+ Thought/feeling arisings cut via Trekchö, its fully automatic. Thinking is waaaay to slow to do that. Thinking works in time-frames of 0,5 seconds, normally 2-4 seconds to think complete sentences.

On that point I am really sure. It is not a problem of using a bit of effort here. It will get automized soon.

Trekchö it not countering thinking with thinking. That is the begining stage before. Trekchö is really that fast. It is a "High-Speed-Search-Task into the Unfindability/Emptiness of thoughts. Ever seen one? They evaporate when looking into them. Problem is then only: They get faster and faster then....

Water by the River

19 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

One opponent after the other. And just staying on top everday-life-thoughts and cutting them brings the skills/ability to face the larger enemies...

This never could work for me. My mind works is another frequency. imo any beaten path is a mistake, any system. you have to be absolutely independent, completely forget everything, empty your mind of any ideas, objectives, teachings, and see directly. 

I have moments of fusion with the now that they are real mystical experiences, a total silent comprehension of reality, but at the same time I continue to have trauma, although I would say that in the last week I have done decisive work. We'll see where life takes me. I would say that the complete fusion with the now in an almost permanent way, and let's see where the psychedelic leads me. Even i get a permanent flow state, id say i won't to stop using them, because is see a great potential there. I'm just starting, maybe in the first 10% of what it's possible with them .

5 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Trekchö it not countering thinking with thinking. That is the begining stage before. Trekchö is really that fast. It is a "High-Speed-Search-Task into the Unfindability/Emptiness of thoughts. Ever seen one? They evaporate when looking into them. Problem is then only: They get faster and faster then....

Lets see, Maybe some discipline and work are the next step. The path is changing while it's being walked. Thanks for all those suggestions

33 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

God the amount of blabbering You guys are doing. ?‍♂️

A little less conversation, a little more action please...

What do you want me to do if this is the only thing that is interesting to me? shit, I'm starting to do what I thought I would never do: talk about this with people outside of this forum as if it were normal ?? 

@Water by the River  So You started to meditate seriously without having any opening until after a long time, that happened, right? Why you did? what motivated you? you and I are the ying and the yang, order and chaos ?

8 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

@Water by the River  So You started to meditate seriously without having any opening until after a long time, that happened, right?

Yes. I saw too much deep structure similiarties in all the spiritual traditions. That made sense to me. That was the only coherent explanation of the Kosmos for me. And the concept of Integral (Wilber) resonated deeply in me.

So, a long time nothing happened where it could be said that meditation is more than just mindfulness training. Relaxing, interesting, a bit of bliss, but also in the beginning just one of the hardest and most annoying things one can try. Basic meditation training: Formal training on the pillow, mindfulness during daily life. Over quite some years.

Stage 1 Mahamudra: Skill of Reckongition: And the thing with the increased thought-emerging-frequency was really the point where it took off. First, the ability to stay "on top" of the mindstream and cut it at will. Later, awakened states with nonduality followed.

Stage 2/3: So then, a few years later, Nonduality followed. Before that point, it brought quite some bliss. But nothing where one could say: Yes, thats it. Don't need any external proof or convincing anymore. Nonduality changes that. It is evident.

Stage 4: And then later, after some years letting these states develop and ripen, always here Ultimate Reality started dawning.

4 Mahamudra Main-stages:

0: Initial Concentrative Meditation as preaparation

1 stage: Skill of Reckognition: Cutting off the Thought Mindstream

2 stage: Yoga of Unelaboration:  Always Here (never not here, timeless) Mind opens up

3: Yoga of One Taste: Nonduality

4: Yoga of Nonmeditation: Separate Self gets transcended. Pure Impersonal infinite Consciousness/Awareness without any separate-self flying around in it, itself being the world and all manifestation.

That is the deep structure found in every meditation system. It is always in a deep structure similiar to that. And the tricky point, where most of the discussion happens here: Between 3 and 4. Psychedelics do bring one to a pretty empty nonduality. But not to that which stage 4 brings.... Not fully empty and impersonal. Not fully conforming to the enlightened mindstream.

Water by the River

2 hours ago, Moksha said:

You don't even have to go to fear. You only need to remain anchored in the absolute, which is beyond fear. Everything else appearing to arise is a distraction, nothing more.

The only thing that separates you from the absolute is fear. fear is the capsule that creates the self. You can stop it with mechanical means, you have to overcome fear. work with psychedelics is for that. I have struggled with fear all my life, ever since I was a child. When i had 6 i already know that fear is that keep you imprisoned, because i grew surrounded of fear. There was a time when I was constantly doing things like wall climbing, hang gliding in extreme conditions , truly dangerous trips by boat, always the fear. It was a way of approaching something that I did not understand in that moment. perhaps wrong, perhaps necessary at that moment. It's fear that keeps us apart. absolutely not a drop has to remain. we have to be able to look the abyss in the face, without tricks, without subterfuge. give ourselves completely. Its not easy!

4 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Yes. I saw too much deep structure similiarties in all the spiritual traditions. That made sense to me. That was the only coherent explanation of the Kosmos for me. And the concept of Integral (Wilber) resonated deeply in me.

So, a long time nothing happened where it could be said that meditation is more than just mindfulness training. Relaxing, interesting, a bit of bliss, but also in the beginning just one of the hardest and most annoying things one can try. Basis meditation training: Formal training on the pillow, mindfulness during daily life. Over quite some years.

Stage 1 Mahamudra: Skill of Reckongition: And the thing with the increased thought-emerging-frequency was really the point where it took off. First, the ability to stay "on top" of the mindstream and cut it at will. Later, awakened states with nonduality followed.

Stage 2/3: So then, a few years later, Nonduality followed. Before that point, it brought quite some bliss. But nothing where one could say: Yes, thats it. Don't need any external proof or convincing anymore. Nonduality changes that. It is evident.

Stage 4: And then later, after some years letting these states develop and ripen, always here Ultimate Reality started dawning.

4 Mahamudra Main-stages:

0: Initial Concentrative Meditation as preaparation

1 stage: Skill of Reckognition: Cutting off the Thought Mindstream

2 stage: Yoga of Unelaboration:  Always Here (never not here, timeless) Mind opens up

3: Yoga of One Taste: Nonduality

4: Yoga of Nonmeditation: Separate Self gets transcended. Pure Impersonal infinite Consciousness/Awareness without any separate-self flying around in it, itself being the world and all manifestation.

That is the deep structure found in every meditation system. It is always in a deep structure similiar to that. And the tricky point, where most of the discussion happens here: Between 3 and 4. Psychedelics do bring one to a pretty empty nonduality. But not to that which stage 4 brings.... Not fully empty and impersonal. Not fully confirming to the enlightened mindstream.

Water by the River

Sounds true, a smart and clean path, few can do that without the sting of suffering to push them. did you ever do psychedelics, or do you plan to do them? 5 months maybe? it would be very interesting