Yimpa

DeSantis announces 2024 run

18 posts in this topic

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

In 1895 Marconi invented the instrument to transmit radio waves that became known as the radio. 138 years later, Elon Musk and Ron DeSantis have failed to make a decent live audio broadcast. Worst candidacy announcement ever. Congrats to both!

The left is laughing at him. Biden is laughing at him. Trump is laughing at him. Rightwing people prefer Trump, he is going to lose the primary.

I don't think DeSantis is seriously running for 2024. He is just building up name recognition for 2028. This is all just warm-up for him.

If Biden manages to win 2024, DeSantis will have an excellent chance of winning 2028 as people will be sick of 8 years of Biden.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't think DeSantis is seriously running for 2024. He is just building up name recognition for 2028. This is all just warm-up for him.

If Biden manages to win 2024, DeSantis will have an excellent chance of winning 2028 as people will be sick of 8 years of Biden.

Was one reason why Trump won was because people were tired of 8 years of Obama?

Edited by Hardkill

4 hours ago, Hardkill said:

It's exactly why and the failures of previous administrations builds up the resentment. All they have to do is say the word sorry we fell flat in X X and X but if they ever said sorry that would mean they have to have a path forward to change. The ugly truth is they don't want change on either side, all they want to do is keep things the same at best. The donors don't donate because they want to improve things.

11 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Of the Democratic Party to be more accurate. The economy wasn’t doing well, a third party was running (disaster for party currently in power), and there was no policy change in Obama’s second term. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Sure. 8 years of anything gets old. You'd even get sick of Bernie Sanders in 8 years.

Edited by Leo Gura

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sure. 8 years of anything gets old. You'd even get sick of Bernie Sanders in 8 years.

But we’ll never get sick of you 9_9

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

Trump won because all the focus was on him. The Universe gives us more of what we're focused on. Biden won because  he was more the focus. Negative or positive. 

Unconditional love is all there is. 

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

But we’ll never get sick of you 9_9

I am sick of myself.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I am sick of myself.

Emo Cosplay in Next vid?

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

It’s crazy how Leo, emo, I am, and, Ron, all, are, three-letters-long. 

IMG_1312.jpeg

Edited by Yimpa

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Could be, at least his name is out there and that's publicity.

Maybe he is also putting himself second in line, just in case Trump's legal battles prevent him from running. But Trump is the real drug for right-wingers, a cheap imitator that says 'woke' every two minutes will feel like a big downgrade from the real deal they are used to. I see Biden winning in 2024 in both cases, but not for granted at all.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, that's generally true. Although, that didn't seem to be the case with FDR who was president for 12 years followed by his Democratic VP Harry Truman for another 8 years. Also, most people apparently weren't tired of 8 of years Ronald Reagan as presidency and his Reagonomics, which is why his VP H.W. Bush got elected in a true landslide and immediately succeeded Reagan. If you go even way back to the early 1900s, after Teddy Roosevelt was president for 8 years, Taft, who was TR's Secretary of War, succeeded him as the next Republican POTUS. 

So, why did such instance of multiple successive terms in a row for the Democratic Party or Republican Party respectively happen in US history? In fact, why do Republicans and conservatives even still to this day still idolize Reagan as their messiah more than 34 years after he left office? Even with Obama and Clinton, who were two charismatic and successful Democratic presidents, most Democrats and liberals in America have never even worshipped those as saviors or even recognize them as one of or two of the greatest presidents to the extent that Republicans and conservatives have with Reagan.

Is it because TR, FDR, and Reagan were the most transformational presidents ever since 1900, whereas Obama and Clinton and the rest of the presidents since 1900 were not?

Edited by Hardkill

2 hours ago, Hatfort said:

a cheap imitator that says 'woke' every two minutes will feel like a big downgrade

I don't think so. For the right-wing right now, nothing matters but being anti-woke. I seriously think that their new campaign slogan should be: "Stop the woke nonsense." It would be a very powerful and effective campaign from their POV. It's odd that Trump is missing that tagline.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Yimpa

7 hours ago, Yimpa said:

It’s crazy how Leo, emo, I am, and, Ron, all, are, three-letters-long. 

IMG_1312.jpeg

Nice, not only three letters long but you made it rhyme.