Caoimhin

How do you start your own website?

13 posts in this topic

Hey! :)

I've been wanting to start a website/blog just to get myself out there and get my feet wet. I'm new to entrepreneurship (I'm still trying to learn how to spell it without Google's help) and I know little to nothing about coding or web design/development. I have great ideas on the content I'd like to share and some tools I want to create for public use. I have a bunch of limiting beliefs that I'm working on and I lack the technical skills but I refuse to let that hold me back from sharing and adding value. I don't want to be a Leo clone but I am using him(as well as others) as an example. Any advice, books, resources, etc. will be very appreciated. Thank you !!

There are many cheap, code-free website solutions like SquareSpace or Wordpress. Just google for code-free website creation platforms.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Squarespace is going to be your friend 

@Leo Gura did you use those to make your website or did you make it from scratch?

7 hours ago, Caoimhin said:

@Leo Gura did you use those to make your website or did you make it from scratch?

My site is complex and required a lot of custom code. You don't need that for now.

Wordpress is a great platform that I use for some of my backend.

I used to be a web developer, so I have a lot of web coding experience that most people don't have.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Wix is pretty easy and affordable, my site is hosted by them. Zero coding skills required. You can create it for free in the beginning and if you like the functionality, you upgrade to premium to link a domain 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1. Get a webhost from wpxhosting.com
  2. Get a SEO friendly theme with clean code -->>> GeneratePress
  3. Profit????

WPX is a fast host that you only can use WordPress.

Generate press premium has a lot of site library you can choose form.

WordPress is perfect for bloggers. You have millions of plugins to make your site how you want it.

You don't need any technical skills.

I use WPX hosting since 2018 - my site only broke 1 time, and it was not the host fault. Plus, they have customer support chat with an average respond rate of 30 seconds or less.

It takes maybe 3 click and your website is up and running with WPX.

Plugins I recommed:

• Rankmath (dont worry about Yoast)
  • Really Simple SSL (make your site SSL proof)
  • Lightweight Social Icons (social share button with minimal code to avoid slowing your site down)

Or you can be fooled by the bloggers who recommend BlueHost (because they pay the best commisions).

@D2sage Thank you! i appreciate the detailed response, i'll check this out as well.