QandC

My Greatest Demon Appearing

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I've been working on my life purpose for a while now... it's going really great, actually. I'm studying every day, I'm making strategic action plans, I'm following goals, I'm re-programming my subconscious mind and changing my paradigm.

If I take a look at my thoughts and how I think now, and how motivated I am, compared to a few months ago, I can't even compare. It's crazy. My entire perception of the world and possibilities has changed. I'm not the same person.

However, I'm facing probably my biggest demon now: Not getting support.

I have a few girl--friends who are supporting me. But my friends don't, people around me don't, society doesn't.. and even worse; my parents don't. My mom literally told me yesterday in front of my face: "Stop dreaming". It was like my world just got crushed. I told her she never had the courage to dream and that's why she hasn't been growing more in life, which I kinda regret saying now... however, it was the truth. I feel like there is no turning back now. I either go all in, or I don't but then this whole thing will haunt me.

I'm about to move to another country. That means I'm dismissing the idea (EVERYONE HAS) about me going to university, getting a degree, getting a "good paying job", you know the drill... but I don't wanna live like that. I wanna have an extraordinary life. And now is when it truly starts. I won't bounce off that Terror Barrier I'm about to face. I'm gonna crash right through it. I know it will be painful, I will think I'm losing stuff, I will have to go through the pain of process, and risk not getting any outcome – but this is my one chance, and I won't back down, not this time. And I hope you won't either. 

Peace 

Edited by QandC

6 hours ago, QandC said:

I wanna have an extraordinary life.

For what it's worth, I support your dream.

I mean this sincerely.

@QandC Just the fact you are moving to another country is a big thing, when you experience another culture your life turn upside down, your view of the world is all new and you can decide what beliefs to drop of and which new ones to attain, another thing when you move away from family and friends, you have no self image to maintain, so your only choice is being yourself and doing what you really want.

I always listened to my family, studied 5 years, got my diploma just to then live the life I wanted (not the one my family wanted to me) now I've been living in US for two years, my diploma is just a paper with no value here and I don't want to work with architecture anymore. I'm taking the life purpose course and still have no clue what I'm gonna do with my life, but man, being by myself deciding what I really want for my life is so liberating

thats just my story, but I wish someone had told me 7 years ago to follow my heart and not society expectations 

here is some Bukowski for you

"if you wanna go, go all the way, otherwise don't even start.."

Posted (edited)

This is part of the heroes journey. Family, friends and external forces are reflections of the inner realms. Mythologically speaking the hero is called to journey into the darkness of the forest (the unknown) through dreams.

The tribe warns the hero that if he or she journeys away into the forest and away from the prescribed duties, that death surely awaits. Going against the tribe is a potentially life-threatening action in and of itself, because being exiled or excommunicated is one of the most primal fears and threats. Historically it meant certain death.

Their intentions are innocent. They are playing the collective role of the ego (as a reflection of part of your own psyche) which serves to sustain what is. If your intention is to journey into a new level of experience, a new plane of energy, then how could they possibly understand or recognize that? It is fundamentally beyond their experience. The ego never intends to grow, because that is not its role.  

Any time there is real potential for genuine growth, this dynamic of being called and being pulled back is occurring. The resistance will come through various aspects of your own psyche - as doubts, fear, psychological backlash, etc. It will also be reflected as your friends, family and others. They are only representations of what is inside you. Don't let these voices dictate your future as it is fundamentally only an echo of the past. 

When the hero overcomes the first real challenge of pursuing the call regardless of the potential threats, then s/he journeys into the forest and slays the dragon/demon. Then the transformation occurs, and the hero returns to strengthen the tribe. This means that it is necessary to recognize that what is occurring in your life now is the most appropriate representation of archetypal forces that arise when a real challenge is approaching. This is worthy of congratulations. 

Strengthening the tribe means having integrated discordant forces within your own psyche, thereby becoming more whole and integrated. That is real spiritual growth. Of course what is internal is reflected external, and you will serve as a shining light for other people. You'll embody your dreams and they won't be able to deny you. In this way you will serve them. 

Use this as an opportunity to strengthen your resolve. Your mother said the words "Stop Dreaming", but this would not have effected you at all if this wasn't a voice that is inside you. Now you have an opportunity to see it for what it is: a force that requires integration.

Choose courage for all of us pls

Edited by Arman

@Arman Wow... thank you. I will choose courage. 

@QandC where are you going ?why there? what are you going to do there that is so extraordinary?

@Laisa I like your idea of starting of with a clean slate but do you think you have to maintain any image for your family and friends? i mean do u have to move to another country for that? and you say you moved to live the life you really wanted and at the same time saying you still don't have a clue what you are going to do with your life.

what is the life you really want can you tell? and what specific things can you do now far away from relatives that you couldn't do before?why could you not do them before?

Please don't take the critical questions the wrong way because that you did that i think is very brave and that means you are not afraid to take massive action you have to see that as a major victory and something i myself can learn from but i am still curious.

Good luck! 

People of any age can get a degree too, so, no worries.

@Steph1988 @QandC just saw this here in the forum, about re programming the subconscious mind, really interesting

@Toby I'm from Brazil :) 

@Laisa love me some Bruce Lipton! 

Broooooooooce