Someone here

You cannot experience what you are not focusing on

19 posts in this topic

This is something I Learned from @Nahm ..you cannot experience what you are not focusing on .

And ofcourse the opposite is the case ..you can only experience what you're focused on. 

YOU are the creator of your reality . This is something for you @Holykael. When you insist on focusing on negative  stuff like hell and insanity you will actually create that experience for yourself. And it won't be anybody's else fault .its your fault. Take 100 % responsibility of what you think and how you view existence. 

I get it..all of us will inevitably face existential crisis where we question absolutely everything and be confused and lost . But the good new is If you shift your focus on what feels good to you ..you will actually attract goodness in your life .

Here's the thing..the law of attraction is FOR REAL!...whatever you focus on tends to land on your lap .

This your playfield ..you are the author and director of this movie called life ..what kind of life do you want to live ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

This is something I Learned from @Nahm ..you cannot experience what you are not focusing on .

And ofcourse the opposite is the case ..you can only experience what you're focused on. 

YOU are the creator of your reality . This is something for you @Holykael. When you insist on focusing on negative  stuff like hell and insanity you will actually create that experience for yourself. And it won't be anybody's else fault .its your fault. Take 100 % responsibility of what you think and how you view existence. 

I get it..all of us will inevitably face existential crisis where we question absolutely everything and be confused and lost . But the good new is If you shift your focus on what feels good to you ..you will actually attract goodness in your life .

Here's the thing..the law of attraction is FOR REAL!...whatever you focus on tends to land on your lap .

This your playfield ..you are the author and director of this movie called life ..what kind of life do you want to live ?

That is false, almost everyone claims this is the case but it isn't. Consciousness and awareness is given to you by god, you don't create it or materialize it , also the society influences your consciousness for the most part. What you're describing is called "faking" , being and faking are different concepts and realities.

How can you know that you want something, when your reality operates at certain consciousness field. You can focus on good stuff all you want 24/7, but it won't change your operating consciousness unless gods wills it. This is a big misconception in unaware people that they have a chosing in what consciousness level/awareness they operate at.  It is all karma, the fastest way to undo karma and raise in consciousness is karma yoga.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

Just now, Jowblob said:

That is false, almost everyone claims this is the case but it isn't. Consciousness and awareness is given to you by god, you don't create it or materialize it , also the society influences your consciousness for the most part. What you're describing is called "faking" , being and faking are different concepts and realities.

How can you know that you want something, when your reality operates at certain consciousness field. You can focus on good stuff all you want 24/7, but it won't change your operating consciousness unless gods wills it. This is a big misconception in unaware people that they have a chosing in what consciousness level/awareness they operate at.  It is all karma, the fastest way to undo karma and raise in consciousness is karma yoga.

Both of your guys' perspectives are valid. You're just getting caught up in semantics. It's true that you do have some degree of control (one notion of control) over what happens to you, and it's also true that everything is God's will and that nothing is in your control (another notion of control).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

7 minutes ago, Jowblob said:

In some ways.. it’s obvious that we create our reality. I have an idea in my mind for a chair.. I think about what the chair will look like .what to make it out of..and what color it will be ...all in my mind. Then, I create the chair by purchasing the materials and going to work on the wood. Chair (reality) has been created.

But what about the things we don’t (seem to) have direct control over? 

Let’s start with how our thoughts can change our minds..and make us seek out certain types of information.

If I spend an entire day thinking a negative thought such as “I am lazy,” how would that impact me? I would consider myself lazy..and also discover other thoughts..such as “no wonder no one likes me” or “I can’t be successful because I’m too lazy”. The seed thought of “I am lazy” ..when nurtured with constant repetition and focus ..grows into similar thoughts.  You get how this works ? Same attracts same. 

-Osho

31 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Both of your guys' perspectives are valid. You're just getting caught up in semantics. It's true that you do have some degree of control (one notion of control) over what happens to you, and it's also true that everything is God's will and that nothing is in your control (another notion of control).

That is false, ego has limited amount of choices and its insignificant. Most choices are made on impulse without any conscious awareness, the more consciousness/aware you become the more choices (thoughts) you will receive. Notice i said "receive" , when you operate at a higher consciousness field you will receive more (more as in tapping into the knowledge you want to know) but what you receive is also given by god. If all the thoughts weren't projected by god all at once, everything in life wouldn't be in constant connection. When you become very conscious, you will see a separation between ego limited thoughts and god thoughts at once, but even at this moment the thoughts are given to you. This body is just a conductor for god to do all the possible experiments it has in mind.

Edited by Jowblob

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

22 minutes ago, Jowblob said:

That is false, ego has limited amount of choices and its insignificant. Most choices are made on impulse without any conscious awareness, the more consciousness/aware you become the more choices (thoughts) you will receive. Notice i said "receive" , when you operate at a higher consciousness field you will receive more but what you receive is also given by god. If all the thoughts weren't projected by god all at once, everything in life wouldn't be in constant connection. When you become very conscious, you will see a separation between ego limited thoughts and god thoughts at once, but even at this moment the thoughts are given to you. This body is just a conductor for god to do all the possible experiments it has in mind.

Two days ago, after travelling with a plane, I went on an evening walk, and I noticed I wasn't wearing enough clothes, but I figured "meh, I haven't been sick for a full year, and I'll only be walking for 10 minutes, I'll be fine". Then I woke up the next day with a sore throat. You know what I will not do again? Take evening walks without wearing enough clothes.

Now, did I choose the entire causal chain of the universe that lead up to the point of me going on that evening walk and being a bit daring with my health? Of course not. That was God's will. But can I choose to not do that in the future? Yes of course.

Or to make it even more clear: I both did and did not choose to take that underdressed walk, and I both will and will not choose to not take such walks again. Again, these are different notions of choice. You can say that one encompasses a more contracted personal level, while the other encompasses a more expanded transpersonal level.

Edited by Carl-Richard

The discussion about free will is pointless.  That dichotomy between free and not free is inconsequential. Both are baseless beliefs. But believing in free will is what's more practical. And what you focus on will be true ..for you .

-Osho

20 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Two days ago, after travelling with a plane, I went on an evening walk, and I noticed I wasn't wearing enough clothes, but I figured "meh, I haven't been sick for a full year, and I'll only be walking for 10 minutes, I'll be fine". Then I woke up the next day with a sore throat. You know what I will not do again? Take evening walks without wearing enough clothes.

Now, did I choose the entire causal chain of the universe that lead up to the point of me going on that evening walk and being a bit daring with my health? Of course not. That was God's will. But can I choose to not do that in the future? Yes of course.

Or to make it even more clear: I both did and did not choose to take that underdressed walk, and I both will and will not choose to not take such walks again. Again, these are different notions of choice. You can say that one encompasses a more contracted personal level, while the other encompasses a more expanded transpersonal level.

That is the illussion you don't see, the only way to see it is to become aware of god for 1 time. The reason you don't see it is because you believe the thoughts are your body, you've created a reality for yourself on behalf of god and in this reality you're nothing more then gods vehicle in gods dream. It is gods chosing how the dream plays out not yours. 

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

10 minutes ago, Jowblob said:

That is the illussion you don't see, the only way to see it is to become aware of god for 1 time. The reason you don't see it is because you believe the thoughts are your body, you've created a reality for yourself on behalf of god and in this reality you're nothing more then gods vehicle in gods dream. It is gods chosing how the dream plays out not yours. 

And how do you do that? 

Something mushroom taught me that the point your eyes are constantly focusing on is you literally in the 2nd dimension its like the cursor to your screen. You are in 1d 2d 3d and 4d 5d and beyond simultaneously all the time even right now. 

Try crossing your eyes then crossing them again and again and again and again and then sit there shit gets weird. 

Edited by Hojo

Just now, Enlightement said:

And how do you do that? 

LSD p1 meditation, lots of research , and becoming god, and letting god work through you.

Lsd will be the most helpfull, here's couple pointers i can give.

Takd lsd p1: clear all thoughts, turn on your favorite video about guru or master and focus your intention of letting go off this body while looking at tv screen. You must have a desire about understanding who this person is on tv for example.

Then if you're luckey, you will notice that your thoughts are coming out of nowhere telling you some insane advanced stuff about the person youre watching.

Even the dreams that you dream, you don't have free will in them , the dreams that you dream are simillar and connected to your waking dream consciousness you operate at. Leo's mistake was believing that you're god in your sleeping dream... But no, you're just as an puppet there as here. Gods thought projection happens in the now at all times to everything making everything flow in the ultimate interconnectedness but you people wont understand this unless god wills it

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

48 minutes ago, Jowblob said:

But you see, you're making distinctions between the personal and the transpersonal all the time yourself, e.g. "you don't see" vs. "God always sees". I'm just pointing out this distinction in the realm of choice.

19 hours ago, Benton said:

Everything is God. Even the ego.

But you have to be careful when you say that, because "God" and "ego" are not the same concept. After all, you're calling them different things.

If everything is predetermined by God, then it means that you have no Free Will, or very little of it.

Which also means that pursuing awakening is pointless, if God’s Will for you is not to be awakened in this life. Which also means that you can meditate as much as you want, trip as much as you want and you will never awaken. 

But, most of the time, you will awaken after some time (could be very fast or very slow) and if you do those things, so how will you justify this experience? Was it Free Will or was it predetermined?

Same with death. If I choose to Off myself right here and right now, then who did it? Was it my Free Will or was my whole life predetermined by God up to this point and that’s how it was supposed to be. In that case even when I think I have control over my experience, it’s actually an illusion.

The concept of free will is probably one of the most important one to grasp, I am yet to fully grasp it, but the way I look at it is that you have free will on a lower, material level, and some big events in your life (enlightenment/awakening/death) are pre-determined, but it’s just the matter of time when it wil happen.

Following this concept, you cannot fail, and  it’s impossible for you to not become awakened, the question is wether or not you will transcend the dream, move on (achieve total liberation, samadhi, return to God) and choose to never reincarnate again.

Just now, KGrimes said:

If everything is predetermined by God, then it means that you have no Free Will, or very little of it.

Which also means that pursuing awakening is pointless, if God’s Will for you is not to be awakened in this life. Which also means that you can meditate as much as you want, trip as much as you want and you will never awaken. 

On a relative level, that concept is wrong, and harmful. I can here that song playing....

Because: If you would have the opposite concept/believe, you would practice. And if done long enough, wake up.

If you would be at that level permanently, fully established on the Absolute side of the street, where saying that "you" have no choice (Impersonal Infinite Reality doing its thing, no "you" anywhere to be found), one can let concepts arise along the lines "no free will". Which then wouldn't matter, since "you" are alredy "there".

Before, there is still a "you" appearing in your mindstream on the relative side of the street, thinking how to decide and so on.... A very vivid illusion, very well alive and captivating... And thinking that there is no free normally ends up with.... doing what one wants, which is normally not a practice that requires certain effort.

Essence of that link: " Practically speaking: Investing time in this question while not knowing what one really is is pointless. It is absolutely pointless. It is a question based on a wrong assumption: That the separate self exists as more than just an illusion. The rope mistaken for a snake. Better investing time in finding out what one really is." That means practice.

So, maybe that is helpful...

Bon Voyage!

Selling Water by the River

@Water by the River you’re right, and i think that any digging and intelectual thinking on almost any concept is a bad idea until you know who you truly are :)

but it’s fun to think about it sometimes, if you don’t take it as a definitive truth (which recently i came with the grips of accepting the fact that I DO NOT KNOW SHIT!)