DefinitelyNotARobot

What is forgetting?

4 posts in this topic

When you say that I am God and I just chose to forget it, so that I could experience what it's like not to be God, then what is that forgetting? How is that being done? Does God create through forgetting? I mean I should already be everything. I am a squirrel, but I must not know what it's like to be a squirrel in order to know what it's like to be a human, because how could a human know what it's like to be a squirrel?

Ironically one of the paths to this seems to be to forget all of the human stuff. Removing old beliefs and making space for actual understanding. But that seems to be just the ground work of what you are pointing towards. Any input is appreciated. 

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Great question!

Here's some input on my part that You may find useful.

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

and I just chose to forget it

You didn't choose it in the past - You choose it right now!

Although I'd argue "choose" isn't the perfect word for this. You simply are what You are.

so that I could experience what it's like not to be God

But You are right now, even if You don't realize it. :)

However I suppose it could also be said that when You're in a state in which You don't recognize yourself, You are NOT God because it isn't the truth of the moment for You. So when You're under the illusion of being human, You literally are a human. I guess that's one perspective, but it's also true that You're God at all times.

How is that being done?

It's unexplainable, but You could probably awaken to it.

I mean I should already be everything.

You are. :)

I am a squirrel, but I must not know what it's like to be a squirrel in order to know what it's like to be a human, because how could a human know what it's like to be a squirrel?

Maybe the pov of a squirrel is something You're imagining. Maybe You don't know "the experience of a squirrel" because that just ISN'T.

What IS is what You experience --> what IS, FOR YOU!

There's nothing but THIS.

Ironically one of the paths to this seems to be to forget all of the human stuff. Removing old beliefs and making space for actual understanding.

Yeah it's funny right. The more You purify yourself the more You become nothing.

But coming back to the actual topic which is forgetting... I don't know what it is really.

One perspective could be that forgetting is only a concept and what IS simply IS. You can't point to forgetting in the EXACT moment right now. You anchor this concept in a belief in time, in past memories which are only thoughts appearing currently. What's actual is THIS and "forgetting" and even "a state" are concepts You're holding.

Another perspective could be that forgetting is (part of) change. Consciousness is Absolute, and yet it's morphing all the time. It's just what it does.

Another perspective could be that forgetting is divison. The more You forget (about your Nature), the more distant You are from yourself and less Self-aware You are. Thus creating a duality between you and You - which is a particular state of Consciousness.

Another perspective could be that forgetting and remembering are God's dance with Itself, and two sides of the same coin.

Another perspective could be that forgetting just is what it is and You can't explain it by using other concepts, because it only is itself. Similarly to how You can't say what a thought is. A thought simply is a thought. You can observe it though and by this understand its nature better. The same You can do with forgetting. So watch your Self-awareness fade and learn!

Edited by Sincerity

I think god squeezes itself very frighteningly and it empties itself. like a reverse dmt trip into the shadow realm completely surrendering itself to any consequence. Spawning here is no joke. Ive heard many people who say they remeber pre birth or nde of people saying they get squished into the tiniest place that seems possible by doing that you are limiting your knowledge and forgetting it or like caging yourself out of infinite knowledge.

On mushroom one time an alien mind wiped me and that felt like a steam roller like driving over my pov. Not painful but it feels like it was squishing my brains like how weird you could imagine it to feel no pain.

Edited by Hojo

The mind will never know. 
Anything the mind comes up with is only provisional, a mere concept. 
Just look to the one thing you cannot deny in your experience — your being. That’s all there is. 

Edited by JellyDogShoe_1Mil