Bob Seeker

Mistakes you’ve made with psychedelics

55 posts in this topic

What mistakes have you made?

me: trying too hard to change myself after the trip and not allowing myself the space to process.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

Me? Zero 

:ph34r:

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Potentially going too hard down the psychedelic route while neglecting "real world responsibilities." Everything like showering, doing homework, taking out trash, changing clothes, working wageslave jobs, etc feels so incredibly meaningless after youve experienced absolute infinity. I need to work on getting my survival and material needs handled in these coming years. 

6 minutes ago, Phil King said:

Potentially going too hard down the psychedelic route while neglecting "real world responsibilities." Everything like showering, doing homework, taking out trash, changing clothes, working wageslave jobs, etc feels so incredibly meaningless after youve experienced absolute infinity. I need to work on getting my survival and material needs handled in these coming years. 

I am encountering that "feeling" right now! LOLOL

"neglecting "real world responsibilities."........very odd how this rises out of this type of work

A few weeks ago I took 3.5g of mushrooms from a batch I was unfamiliar with (mistake #1, should have tested a low dose from this batch first), when I was already feeling sick with a cold (mistake #2, colds reduce your body's ability to feel pleasure). I had just had an exhausting day at work (mistake #3), and I took the dose after eating dinner (mistake #4 having a full stomach made the shrooms kick in more slowly and unpredictably). I was thinking the cold wouldn't make much difference to the trip, but my sick feelings became amplified and made me feel extremely terrible. I was completely couch-locked and my mind was really numbed out, so I drank some really strong caffeinated tea to try and get my energy up (mistake #5) and I smoked some weed hoping that would boost my mood (mistake #6. the weed was also a really mediocre strain which was mistake #6.5), but it just made me over-stimulated on top of being sick, and the bad feelings kept getting worse and worse. I felt like I was on a runaway train that kept speeding up and getting ripped out of my body (and definitely not in a good OBE kind of way). I felt horrible and was tweaking the fuck out. I suddenyl had a ludicrous amount of energy and mostly neutral to bad feelings, so I was just running around my house at full speed and kind of having a mini-freakout. I knew nothing I took would kill me or hurt me long term so I was able to not panic too much, but it was maybe about an hour or two after the effects had fully come on that I recognized that this trip was a complete failure and not only would there be no salvaging things but that the bad tweaked-out feelings were only rapidly getting worse. So for the first time ever I took a benzo to abort the trip (though I had to contact a family member who was ignorant and disapproving of my use of psychedelics to get ahold of one which was humiliating, and has now caused significant family drama in regards to my drug use which I would have really rather avoided), and even still it took almost an hour for the benzo to kick in so I still had to bear the bad trip for a while longer. So yeah on this occasion I made a lot of mistakes that I won't be making again that's for sure.

32 minutes ago, eggopm3 said:

A few weeks ago I took 3.5g of mushrooms from a batch I was unfamiliar with (mistake #1, should have tested a low dose from this batch first), when I was already feeling sick with a cold (mistake #2, colds reduce your body's ability to feel pleasure). I had just had an exhausting day at work (mistake #3), and I took the dose after eating dinner (mistake #4 having a full stomach made the shrooms kick in more slowly and unpredictably). I was thinking the cold wouldn't make much difference to the trip, but my sick feelings became amplified and made me feel extremely terrible. I was completely couch-locked and my mind was really numbed out, so I drank some really strong caffeinated tea to try and get my energy up (mistake #5) and I smoked some weed hoping that would boost my mood (mistake #6. the weed was also a really mediocre strain which was mistake #6.5), but it just made me over-stimulated on top of being sick, and the bad feelings kept getting worse and worse. I felt like I was on a runaway train that kept speeding up and getting ripped out of my body (and definitely not in a good OBE kind of way). I felt horrible and was tweaking the fuck out. I suddenyl had a ludicrous amount of energy and mostly neutral to bad feelings, so I was just running around my house at full speed and kind of having a mini-freakout. I knew nothing I took would kill me or hurt me long term so I was able to not panic too much, but it was maybe about an hour or two after the effects had fully come on that I recognized that this trip was a complete failure and not only would there be no salvaging things but that the bad tweaked-out feelings were only rapidly getting worse. So for the first time ever I took a benzo to abort the trip (though I had to contact a family member who was ignorant and disapproving of my use of psychedelics to get ahold of one which was humiliating, and has now caused significant family drama in regards to my drug use which I would have really rather avoided), and even still it took almost an hour for the benzo to kick in so I still had to bear the bad trip for a while longer. So yeah on this occasion I made a lot of mistakes that I won't be making again that's for sure.

The only mistake you made....is thinking those bad feelings...were bad. Some of my best trips started from feeling uncomfortable. You were supposed to sit with those feelings, because you took every single avenue to avoid those feelings things got progressively worse. Don't trip for good feelings, trip just for the experience of feeling whatever arises. If you only trip to feel good you will never make any progress and will always have to rely on substances to experience the profoundness of consciousness.

If you only knew that the path to awaken to a consistent non-dual sober state....is to actually learn to be okay with uncomfortable trips....

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Not making sure I had a good setting, which lead to a bad trip of the kind where you don't benefit in anyway (as opposed to a "good bad trip" which promotes healing).

Eating in the middle of the trip, causing stomach pain as my digestion shuts down during the trip period. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I always think its a good idea during an LSD peak to go outside in nature. Explore the world and talk to people. 

The psychs bring me into a fearless state but once I'm having a conversation while tripping hard I instantly regret it. 

Talking to someone who is not tripping is so exhausting

Having too many different cartridges & not labelling them

Going in with a negative &/or fearful mindframe

Not fully integrating the previous journey

Not physically preparing myself :

empty stomach before journey, good nights rest, no thc night before journey, meditate before taking anything and  preparing your mind/psyche to surrender.

19 hours ago, Razard86 said:

The only mistake you made....is thinking those bad feelings...were bad. Some of my best trips started from feeling uncomfortable. You were supposed to sit with those feelings, because you took every single avenue to avoid those feelings things got progressively worse. Don't trip for good feelings, trip just for the experience of feeling whatever arises. If you only trip to feel good you will never make any progress and will always have to rely on substances to experience the profoundness of consciousness.

If you only knew that the path to awaken to a consistent non-dual sober state....is to actually learn to be okay with uncomfortable trips....

I was tweaking the fuck out like a crackhead that's not a "sit with your discomfort the trip will get better" type of thing. I've been tripping for years, I can tell the difference between a normal trip where things get uncomfortable and a "shit is going off the fucking rails" trip with cascading physical side effects and panic-attack-like reactions. it went off the rails for all the reasons I mentioned, hence why they were mistakes. and especially once family members who disapprove of tripping got involved I had no choice but to abort the experience (if it hadn't been for that I would have stuck it out).

Took 50 micro lsd, went to a luxury all you can eat buffet. Lsd kicked in strong. Result Was that  we were not hungry at all and ate almost nothing. What a waste

Testing out 1g of new mushrooms. Took them in lemon tek. When you drink it on an empty stomach, shrooms kick in quickly and the trip is nicely condensed to around 4 hours.

And previously it worked exactly like that.

The mistake was eating a pretty big dinner around an hour before tripping. Because of that: 

• Mushrooms came up with a 2.5-hour delay. 
  • They were slowly absorbed (probably because of mixing with food) which made the trip last around 6-7h.

Overall, it messed up my sleep + made me think that I took too little and it won't work, so I ate another meal during the first 2 hours which later gave me nausea.

Taking too big of a dose is the king of fuckups with psychs. A lot of fuckups are results of this most important fuckup. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

1. Underestimating a psych because i took lower doses before.

2. Mixing it.

3. Not preparing properly like some digital detox or something.

4. Reaching out to people while tripping or soon after (still feeling the after glow).

5. Making huge decisions by impulse during the trip.

6. Bad set and setting.

7. Doing with trip sitters.

8. Taking way to much for months/years and fucking up my material life motivation.

9. Not having a good fast-acting benzo when tripping alone.

9. why did you needed that and would it be really better to kill a bad feeling Trip of you think in the long term? 

19 hours ago, eggopm3 said:

I was tweaking the fuck out like a crackhead that's not a "sit with your discomfort the trip will get better" type of thing. I've been tripping for years, I can tell the difference between a normal trip where things get uncomfortable and a "shit is going off the fucking rails" trip with cascading physical side effects and panic-attack-like reactions. it went off the rails for all the reasons I mentioned, hence why they were mistakes. and especially once family members who disapprove of tripping got involved I had no choice but to abort the experience (if it hadn't been for that I would have stuck it out).

What I put in bold, doesn't actually exist. It's an interpretation. I once got high and my body acted on its own and I got injured. I had a fear of doing the same thing and it never happened again. What I discovered is if you want to awaken your dream is going to create obstacles to test your ability to dear with fear. So it will put you in situations where the feeling of being in control will be snatched from you. 

I've tested this multiple times and it always happens and if you pay attention to your life it happens in your life. Will be placed in situations in life where control will be snatched from you to test your ability to trust and to move forward even when it feels like you have no control. So again that bold part....not true. Limiting belief and not true at all. The only way to awaken is to face your fear no matter how REAL IT FEELS. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

3 hours ago, OBEler said:

9. why did you needed that and would it be really better to kill a bad feeling Trip of you think in the long term? 

It is a "just in case" of some emergence.

I have had very difficult trips that i almost lost my shit, one time i got desperate enough to consider calling my dad lol thank god a friend answered me faster

@Recursoinominado what happened there that you consider such things? 

I think it is always better to go through a trip 100% than to ride it out or stop it with Trip killers if you are not in danger

2 hours ago, Razard86 said:

What I put in bold, doesn't actually exist. It's an interpretation. I once got high and my body acted on its own and I got injured. I had a fear of doing the same thing and it never happened again. What I discovered is if you want to awaken your dream is going to create obstacles to test your ability to dear with fear. So it will put you in situations where the feeling of being in control will be snatched from you. 

I've tested this multiple times and it always happens and if you pay attention to your life it happens in your life. Will be placed in situations in life where control will be snatched from you to test your ability to trust and to move forward even when it feels like you have no control. So again that bold part....not true. Limiting belief and not true at all. The only way to awaken is to face your fear no matter how REAL IT FEELS. 

This is irresponsible advice that could cause harm to someone who is more naive about using these substances.

Someone says "I had a bad trip, and these are the mistakes i made that caused it" in a thread about making mistakes, and you basically say "no you didnt". 

If I wasn't already experienced with psychedelics and knew how to handle myself that could have been a traumatizing experience (and like I said, I *would* have stuck it out had other people not gotten involved).

You don't know what I was experiencing or my circumstances. No awakening experience was possible on this occasion for all the reasons I listed and more I didn't because I'm not going to detail all the events of my personal life on this forum. My set and setting were poor, and I did learn from it.