Saba

Tarot And Astrology... Total Bs?

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys :)

So I recently bought a deck of Tarot cards. I mostly did it for fun, and I don't really take any of this stuff seriously. But at the same time, I find it useful. So I'm sort of a hypocrite. Do you think these tools can actually predict the future?  What are your thoughts? 

Also what are your thoughts on psychic predictions?

I'd love to know. 

18 minutes ago, Saba said:

Do you think these tools can actually predict the future?  What are your thoughts? 

I don't think they predict the future per say but I feel they can sort of guide you in a way. I think that signs come to you in different ways and at different times whether it be numbers, songs, tarot cards, astrology etc. and while I don't automatically think that's my future I do look for clues and think about what it means in relation to my life. I just had a reading done the other night by a friend and I didn't say anything at all about what the question was  to him and the cards were very accurate with the intent of my question. Did it give me a straight up answer? No but I didn't expect it to but it did give me insight and thought to what I had asked.

@Saba you never know for sure. But i call it BS untill my ego gets proven otherwise :P

I received a random email once of tarot card and it told me everything that i needed to hear to better my life at that moment when i was suffering.

everything-we-hear-is-an-opinion-not-a-fact-everything-we-see-is-a-perspective-not-the-truth-four-no-three-1440381067.jpg

B R E A T H E

yes, BS.

this kind of material always points to facets of unconscious ego conditioning like jealously/possession, greed and hatred. they never fail to characterize people with weak spiritual practices. i'd say start a meditation routine, be conscious of all your toxic behaviors and drop all of them. it may be a life long task.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

Hmm I'm going to say that divination can be a useful tool to accessing and looking at your own subconscious in different ways. Ajasatya is right in saying that it will often be heavily coloured by our own expectations and conditioning though. There is nothing that is accessed through iching, tarot or otherwise, that can't be accessed within. Still, it is my current belief that if the tools are there... why not use them? 

I don't think that the future can be predicted though, at least this is what they say. The future is uncertain, at best we can be pointed to probable outcomes based on who we are. If you change, the future changes. Perhaps nothing is set in stone. 

I used to think Astrology was bunk before I read autobiography of a yogi. I think that pretty much all the material online on it is really low quality though. I'd never really listen to any readings, and I don't think they're particularly helpful... I think the reality of astrology is deeply complex, subtle and a mostly lost art. For this reason I don't bother with it for any reason other than fun. 

Divination isn't a magic tool and what you get out is directly related to how much you put in.

2 hours ago, Arman said:

There is nothing that is accessed through iching, tarot or otherwise, that can't be accessed within. Still, it is my current belief that if the tools are there... why not use them? 

Exactly! 

You can put everything that you want in your personal BS category. Tarot, astrology, psychic readings... What else you got? Numerology, geobiology, chiromancy, biodynamy ? It's as you wish. But what does it mean, calling it BS? Aren't those fields worthy of study? If this is helping some people at some times, why calling it BS ?

I learned astrology by myself and it further lead me to study mythology and symbolism. When I say to people that I can read astrological charts most of them get very excited and ask me tons of questions, it's always fun to see.

Like they say why not using the tools we got? If someone tells you anything just say that "it's merely for fun" ;)

Numerology and some others work like a charm for me like i said everything applies which how you perceive.

B R E A T H E

If you'r asking, maybe it means you already know it's not bullshit, but your mind try to rationalize.

The Iching is soooo old.  The translation I use has removed all of the yin/yang symbology which was added in the shang dynasty, which is cool because it's less governed by masculine vs feminine and more by beautiful imagery.  I did people's readings at an art gathering last week and made some really good tips.  People who are artsy seem to allow more whimsical lines of thought into their realities which is so beautiful.  I do the reading by just having them throw and line up 6 coins and then I tutn to that page (which is so easy!)  This artsy kind of free association allows me to watch the body language of the reciever, and I usually interpret the imagery in a way that I know the person needs to hear it.  I don't cast any doubt on my process which is key.  I hold their attention deeply and let them know that the universe hears them and that they are beautiful and should have more faith in themselves, however that comes out. 

I think my favorite reading was an ex alcoholic who had her idea to reconnect with her AA family validated by the reading.  I gave her a little Reiki too, and I could tell that something in her began to emerge and hopefully release somewhat.

You decide what do work for you : cards, tea leaves...

Personally, an old wooden chest of drawers creak when I'm questioning myself about stuff, the way it "skweeeek" I know if it means "yes" or "no" ^^. These days I experiment with heads or tails for taking small decisions... results are positives.

It's between the conscious & the subconscious : interpretation is when you give meaning to what you perceive in the external world, as if it would be separated from you, but in fact it's you.

Edited by Soulbass