Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caesar13

Recommended books?

6 posts in this topic

I was at a gathering today. I spoke to a person who I know. He asked me what I was doing (related to work), and he's almost working in the same field as I do  - in the field of cloud. He's especially a web developer, and a manager as well so he's acquainted with the DevOps things as well.

I know him, I used to admire him for the sort of mindset he has. However, the way he talked to me today, I felt like he had the attitude - the attitude senior experienced guys have towards someone who's not. I didn't feel offended as I noticed some changes in his body language. The assertive tone he had while he is speaking with a group of people, and my father was in the group.

Whether or not to read a book on body language, that indecision has been on my mind for a while. After today's incident, I was a bit interested to take a look into it. So are there any good books? I see there are books but they explicitly concentrate on how one person places their legs or hands while sitting or something. I want to read some book that's good - good in the sense that it's a good starting point, which pushes me in the right direction.

Peoplewatching: The Desmond Morris Guide to Body Language. I think its a good overall introduction from a interesting perspective. I havent read it yet but its on my list. 

But  you might have to read  a more practice oriented book as well. Reading body language is not as easy as it might seem after all. 

Im only starting to take interest in it myself, but Im curious what changes in his body language did you see?

Edited by effortlesslumen

Can read this book: The Definitive Book of Body Language

Edited by hyruga

A short YouTube video would be sufficient. Then just observe people in real-time or on TV shows like Hell's Kitchen. Observe body language when people are angry, nervous, confident, happy.