Husseinisdoingfine

How much of anger is caused by low consciousness?

11 posts in this topic

Greetings.

I ask you all this question because I come from a rather angry family. I have parents who will seem to shout, insult, curse when even a slight inconvenience is presented to them. 

I do recall Leo talk about ascetics, and how ascetics will intentionally make themselves suffer to “purify” themselves. Is that what is going on with angry people? Are they just “impure”?

Those who attain high consciousness states, do you ever get angry?

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Not all anger is the same. There is healthy anger and unhealthy anger depending on the context. If somebody hits your kid it is rightful to be anger. 

If you have chronic anger , the emotion that is behind anger is unexpressed grief/suffering/pain. 

You need to do release work to deprogram that. Otherwise it will keep running in your subconscious and express itself in unhealthy ways. 

In Tate we trust

Anger is self-harm. In order to be angry you have to be unconscious of the fact that you are harming yourself. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

if you have no choice but to be around people who have very different levels of consciousness/values/way of being/life than you do and you are coerced to be similar/punching bag for them (or reduce yourself too much than you can bear), and you have little to no control of getting away from them then yeah it makes sense. of course chronic toxicity/coercion to participate in it can cause anger.

if you're asking the cause of your parents anger, it may be their upbringing, relationship with each other (perhaps it is not loving and/or abusive), unexamined pain.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Excessive, cyclical and long-lasting anger is generally low consciousness. But if you happen to feel anger and you want to call yourself high consciousness, you should give it space. Consciousness is about giving things space; acceptance, not resistance. The thing about highly conscious people is just that anger rarely arises for them. When it does, it's usually very short-lasting, and it's expressed appropriately. Now, I'm not saying you should lash out at people based on every slight annoyance, but you should not pretend that you don't feel what you're feeling.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Another component is Anger is a state issue caused by biological issues. Most people with chronic anger problems have a body that is under constant stress that effects the mind.

Leo has demonstrated he is not immune to the mood issues caused by his health issues. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Frame the inquiry openly. What is anger? What is its purpose? What is it made out of? Anger is based on a sense of hurt. When angry, what a person is saying is "I feel hurt." Anger is a manipulation on your part to manage that hurt by covering it up. A more honest approach would be allowing yourself to feel the hurt without eliciting anger for the pain to be ignored.

Enlightenment doesn't change your experience. Emotions are still what they are after it.

Edited by UnbornTao

Anger is a valid human emotion and yes high conscious beings do get angry from time to time when there are valid reasons for it as an expression of release for example. However the high conscious individual will usually quickly be able to return to balance and rarely will it extend to becoming rage.

As above so below, as within so without.

Love is never offended 

Love is never triggered 

Love is never in conflict 

Love is never resentful

Love is never judgemental 

Love is never condemnation 

Only ego can be all those things

But love can sometimes be painfully strict, diciplined and seemingly harsh and cold when it's necessary. But still not angry.

Edited by Salvijus