Aaron p

How to deal with the sensation of insanity

107 posts in this topic

Its quite scary for the ego, this loopy feeling everything feels like it's getting dark and heavy sometimes. It makes my jaw clench. I've noticed that certain intelligent people intentionally don't push too far, I think because they fear what's there.

Any wisdom or advice regarding how to deal with this kind of thing, or if it sounds healthy or unhealthy.

PEACE9_9

One day you label that sensation as insanity and dying.

The next you label it as Love.

Whats the difference?

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

Just Wana make sure I'm doing it in a healthy way. 

I suppose it might be like workout out with a heavy weight in the gym, you know to expect pain and that pain is a sign of growth and development, but you also are able to distinguish between growth pain and damaging pain, like a pulled muscle or stretched ligament...and that to a large degree, it just comes down to intuition, careful intuition.

Don't expect yourself to be able to handle insanity. It's not something you handle, it's something you accept and let go into when you have had enough of trying to fight the insanity.

So if you feel the sensation - let yourself feel it. If you're running around your apartment back and forth for 5 hours strait trying to calm yourself down - let yourself do that too..  Try to remain some level of awareness and see it as a life PROCCESS that you are witnessing.

When you go insane for the first time.. it will not be pretty, but it will be worth it -

Consider yourself very normal if you lose yourself in the process. It's insanity to not become insane by insanity -

So become so insane you become normal.

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Embrace it, surrender to it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Aaron p said:

Its quite scary for the ego, this loopy feeling everything feels like it's getting dark and heavy sometimes. It makes my jaw clench. I've noticed that certain intelligent people intentionally don't push too far, I think because they fear what's there.

Any wisdom or advice regarding how to deal with this kind of thing, or if it sounds healthy or unhealthy.

PEACE9_9

You haven't experienced insanity until you experience depersonalization.  Everything else is child's play.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You haven't experienced insanity until you experience depersonalization.  Everything else is child's play.

Clearly insanity is also a figment of Consciousness, otherwise you wouldn’t be able to type about your experience about it on a forum.

Yes, I’ve experienced that as well.

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Embrace it, surrender to it.

Yeah I remember you saying in one of your episodes that it can feel like your going insane lol, how fun.

8 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Have you been taking drugs?

No, not lately. Been doing sober practice, I've had some extremely powerful and difficult sober practices...amazing progress builders. 

8 hours ago, Aaron p said:

Yeah I remember you saying in one of your episodes that it can feel like you’re going insane lol, how fun.

There are no rules regarding feelings ;)

21 hours ago, Aaron p said:

PEACE9_9

If it makes your jaws clench then take a deep breath and relax the jaws. ? Noticing tension and releasing it leads to a more relaxed mind and body.

19 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Clearly insanity is also a figment of Consciousness, otherwise you wouldn’t be able to type about your experience about it on a forum.

Yes, I’ve experienced that as well.

Only because you came back :)

Yes that is correct.  Which is why total insanity cannot exist.  It is the same as death.   Leo's definition of insanity is your mind going into a completely different reality.  That is something different then my definition- which is a loss of the sense of self. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Aaron p sounds like a thunder storm the way you describe it. Being with it all the way is the easiest was to heal it/ make it healthy.

Insanity is something to get curious about because often what seems like insanity today is just genius the next day.

it’s a spectrum— what we call insanity to sanity is a range. Nobody is exempt anyways.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yes that is correct.  Which is why total insanity cannot exist.  It is the same as death.   Leo's definition of insanity is your mind going into a completely different reality.  That is something different then my definition- which is a loss of the sense of self. 

Sounds the sane to me :)

Most people that consider themselves sane are actually insane. Rather than seeing reality as it is, they identify as an imaginary form, and make every decision based on phenomenal desires and fears.

Awakening is the realization of sanity. It is seeing clearly. When it happens, of course it is a shock to the conditioned mind. The framework it has carefully constructed for decades to define reality collapses like a Jenga tower. It is left in disarray.

You have to pace enlightenment. Otherwise it will overwhelm you, before you are ready to be overwhelmed. The adjustment is disorienting. I went through a period where I was afraid to even drive.

How do you know if it is awakening or mental illness? Direct realization is absolute knowledge. There is zero doubt. As your mental structures relax and dissolve, your true nature shines with increasing intensity, and you understand unconditional love.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

31 minutes ago, Moksha said:

they identify as an imaginary form, and make every decision based on phenomenal desires and fears.

i understand you more or less, but I don't see that it is an imaginary form, nor that the phenomenal is not real. Is it real if your imaginary form is put in a cage for life? Isn't it sane to try to prevent that from happening to you? People's problem is not insanity, it's sanity. people do what they do because unavoidable forces have pushed them to do it. 

Awakening for me isn't the realization of sanity, it's the total opening to the now, and you're not opening to the now for a good reason. because you have to fit into a puzzle that is humanity. this makes you have software running all the time, very deeply. This is within another software dedicated to avoiding misfortunes and looking for advantages, called survival, and it has its roots embedded in us very deeply, because it's matter is fear. letting go of absolutely all that and immersing yourself in the now is not easy at all .you are constantly creating a bubble made of mind stream that prevents it. For an operation like this, you need anesthesia (psychedelics), but maybe not always. 

47 minutes ago, Moksha said:

52 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Direct realization is absolute knowledge. There is zero doubt. As your mental structures relax and dissolve, your true nature shines with increasing intensity, and you understand unconditional love.

There is zero doubt because it's obvious, you are the now. but then the bubble returns. at the moment in which you consider that there are others, that there are external agents that can harm or favor you. Then you are not the now anymore, there is you and the other, two. 

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Most people that consider themselves sane are actually insane. Rather than seeing reality as it is, they identify as an imaginary form, and make every decision based on phenomenal desires and fears.

Awakening is the realization of sanity. It is seeing clearly. When it happens, of course it is a shock to the conditioned mind. The framework it has carefully constructed for decades to define reality collapses like a Jenga tower. It is left in disarray.

You have to pace enlightenment. Otherwise it will overwhelm you, before you are ready to be overwhelmed. The adjustment is disorienting. I went through a period where I was afraid to even drive.

How do you know if it is awakening or mental illness? Direct realization is absolute knowledge. There is zero doubt. As your mental structures relax and dissolve, your true nature shines with increasing intensity, and you understand unconditional love.

IMO, there can't be a 'doubt' precisely because 'doubts' only exist in conceptual knowledge.

Direct experience is Direct. Whatever it's realized, experienced or 'lived', its literally 'that'.

And yeah, I completely suscribe the last part. Insanity in spirituality only occurs when conceptual explications and mental maps start to be created AFTER the experience (so the direct experience has passed).

Nobody has complained so far about how GOOD Love feels. 

@Breakingthewall The form is relatively real, just like everything else in the cosmos. If it was absolute, its apparent mass wouldn't depend on the observer. Two atomic clocks perfectly synched but moving at different speeds wouldn't show different times when reunited. The relative doesn't have to be ignored, just don't misidentify with it.

@Javfly33 I was referring to the insanity of the masses, but you're right that spiritual insanity can also occur, when direct realization becomes a memory. All the more reason to remain lucid within the dream.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

9 hours ago, Moksha said:

The form is relatively real, just like everything else in the cosmos.

The form is very real when it takes the shape of a hammer in the direction of your bone. If it's real or not is the same. For you is real. thinking that it is not is of no use. the key is to surrender to it. the present moment is the absolute, nothing else exists. this is infinity, this exactly moment. If you surrender to it you fill yourself with it. but it's not easy to surrender. Understanding how are you resisting and why is a key imo, but not enough. You should understand deeply too what is this illusion, and this seems pretty deep understanding. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

I woke up this morning in this “insanity” state that you speak of.

I can assure you that this is not insanity. What’s happening is YOU realizing yourself as GOD! I became aware of how I’m creating EVERYTHING.

Every story

Every thought

Every concept

Everybody

EVERYTHING!

Holy shit, MeO… You fucking madman!

(ironically, I’ve never tried 5-MeO, lol.)