StarStruck

Warning to vegans: Diet of meat, eggs and milk is healthier than plant-based foods,

54 posts in this topic

Did you critically read through the study itself to control for possible bias and deduction synthesis...
or did you read the dailymail version, felt good because it fit your paradigm and decided to post it as "science catching up to the truth"?

Come on, let's be honest.
Let's not forget that newspaper articles about science findings are in general terrible tools for getting to what's TRUE!

Also, lets not forget this gem:
vyxm9vruknv91.jpg

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Bro you can do better than this,  pleaase be more responsible with your threads and titles, this is like your 5th thread where you present information in a sloppy , biased and unresponsible and uncritical manner.

Develop some epistemic humility, because thats rare asf here, but very much needed.

This forum is supposed to be full of high conscious and well educated people, so lets at least somewhat try to live up to that standard.

Edited by zurew

Daily Mail? :D - the publishers whose sole desire is to push people's emotional buttons. The crap they release here in UK on daily basis is something stunning. 

Read the whole paper then see if your statements still holds https://www.fao.org/3/cc3912en/cc3912en.pdf

Btw noticed what they did here: 

Evidence suggests that in adults, yoghurt and milk consumption reduces the risk of all-cause death, high blood pressure, stroke, type 2 diabetes, colorectal and breast cancer and osteoporosis, the report states - the osteoporosis link is inconclusive, adults and older adults consuming highest amount of milk are not the most protected from osteoporosis, that line of evidence is all over the place. There is also a threshold effect with dairy where it doesn't cross 35g of saturated fat per day after which risk margins increase. 

Leading cardiologists rank the 10 most popular diets in terms of heart health (look away now, vegans!)  - "leading cardiologist" - expert reviews lie at the bottom of the hierarchy of evidence, who cares what they say when what they say contradicts the direction of the evidence. In addition, the cardiologist is a clinician, not a researcher and while some MDs go between academia & practice, professionally most stick to one or the other - or is that not so @undeather

The report also found there was relatively solid evidence that egg consumption does not increase the risk of stroke or heart disease. - this part is true, but conveniently they leave out breast cancer risk or the 47% rise in ovarian cancer risk for each 5 egg set consumed per week. 

Meanwhile, milk and dairy consumption during pregnancy promotes a healthy birth weight of the baby, evidence shows - and promotes prostate cancer risk in men past 50 as well as breast cancer in women past 50, especially whole milk products. 

And beef consumption was found to improve cognitive outcomes and protect against iron deficiency - which can cause dizziness, fatigue, headaches, an irregular heartbeat and pale skin. The report states that eating 72g of beef each day is safe. Notice how they omit the fact that red meat is associated with an increased risk of bowel cancer and coronary heart disease and nitpick that it "improves cognitive outcome"...what the heck Daily Mail, 

What about processed meat? A lot of people will misunderstand the 72 gram recommendation as freedom to eat processed beef and bacon. 

What about high fat vs low-fat dairy? 

What about animal fats used for frying? 

What about butter? 

They basically left out all the negative aspects of animal-based diets and nitpicked whatever evidence there was to be found in their favour. 

I don't know who wrote this piece of cherry-picked garbage but if they do this, they should have gone all the way, this is a very one-sided review. They did not mention any of the benefits of plant-heavy diets, which there are many. 

You can do better @StarStruck but I understand your desire to rock the boat with your posts ;) 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569  but who cares about that? Reading actual studies doesn't matter, what matters is that you can't be a Top G / Alpha Male / Andrew Tate's Acolyte while being vegan. Once that agenda is set, you simply need to nitpick whatever facts fit the best to prove that drinking 10 raw eggs for breakfast is the superior diet option.

10 hours ago, RebornConsciousness said:

There are no carnivore societies either

I'm not advocating carnivore diets. Balanced diet is key.

14 hours ago, Something Funny said:

@Michael569  but who cares about that? Reading actual studies doesn't matter, what matters is that you can't be a Top G / Alpha Male / Andrew Tate's Acolyte while being vegan. Once that agenda is set, you simply need to nitpick whatever facts fit the best to prove that drinking 10 raw eggs for breakfast is the superior diet option.

I eat vegan once a week and I'm not ideological about this topic. I don't get what Andrew Tate has to do with this. ?

@Michael569 thanks for your input. I will look into it.   Seems like you know a lot about the topic. I'm an intuitive eater and eating red meat 2-3 per week makes me feel the best. It is only fresh cut meats and I combine it with a lot of vegs. I think for my age it is ok because I do a lot of sports and mental activities. If I stop eating red meat, I feel like a zombie.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I'm not advocating carnivore diets. Balanced diet is key.

I eat vegan once a week and I'm not ideological about this topic. I don't get what Andrew Tate has to do with this. ?

@Michael569 thanks for your input. I will look into it.   Seems like you know a lot about the topic. I'm an intuitive eater and eating red meat 2-3 per week makes me feel the best. It is only fresh cut meats and I combine it with a lot of vegs. I think for my age it is ok because I do a lot of sports and mental activities. If I stop eating red meat, I feel like a zombie.

Balance is an ideological stance. Intuitive eating is an ideological stance. Having "i think for my age" beliefs are also ideological stances.

I highly doubt that people have any conclusive understanding about the cognitive differences possible in reorienting lifestyle habits.

Try goin vegan for 90 days and sticking to it as an "intuitive eater" and you'll find that "intuition" was an excuse for lacking discipline and actually concrete opinions about health.

But who am I kidding, I haven't even achieved 90 days of semen retention yet. I must be an "intuitive celibate"

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

24 minutes ago, vishnusavestheday said:

But who am I kidding, I haven't even achieved 90 days of semen retention yet. I must be an "intuitive celibate"

I'm doing semen retention and I'm not using discipline. Perhaps get a deeper understanding of intuition. Could you give an in-depth presentation of the nature of intuition if your life dependent on it?

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

18 hours ago, Something Funny said:

Almost the only people I've read linking animal products to masculinity are vegans.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

6 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I don't get what Andrew Tate has to do with this.

What it has to do with that topic is that I swear, at this point I know what your and some other guys' posts are going to be about before even clicking on them. 

Isn't it interesting how you are pulled towards those specific kinds of articles and views on diet, those specific views on masculinity, dating, politics, personal development, sexuality, etc.? Do you really not see how those are all linked?

But of course you are not biased at all...

3 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Almost the only people I've read linking animal products to masculinity are vegans.

What a shameless gaslighting, lol.

3 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

You are kidding, right?

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

9 minutes ago, undeather said:

You are kidding, right?

Lol

Yeah, the only people I saw making that correlation were vegans saying "oh look how meat eaters think you have to eat meat to be manly".

I have never seen serious anti-vegans explain this, it is rather intestinal health problems that are cited, sometimes orthorexia (fear of gaining weight).
Even Bart Kay who seems quite hostile and in his "meat militia" delusions etc never mentioned this.

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

18 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I'm doing semen retention and I'm not using discipline. Perhaps get a deeper understanding of intuition.

I wasn't asking for advice. Perhaps get a deeper understanding of intuition

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

The very fact you had to create this topic shows that there is underlying doubts and disbelief within you.

Getting your info from dailymail.co.uk is like seeking the truth by watching the mainstream news.

Edited by M A J I

As above so below, as within so without.

lmao of course starstruck unironically posts dailymail actually thinking he's being intelligent ?

On 06/05/2023 at 7:23 AM, StarStruck said:

If I stop eating red meat, I feel like a zombie.

Sounds like it's either a deficiency issue or an insufficient replacement issue. 

If you replace the nutrient density of that steak with a bowl or rice you'll probably feel like shit, whereas replacing it with equally caloric and nutrient-dense food, you'd probably be fine. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Vegan diet is the best diet lol, change my mind. :P

In all seriousness I think is gonna vary person to person. A week ago I experimented coming back to eat animal product after YEARS, din’t felt natural at first. When I ate eggs for example and went to work, I notice that for the whole shift I had the egg flavor still on my mouth, I don’t remember any other vegan food made have that. Another time I ate a organic turkey sandwich, I couldn’t stand the smell of the turkey and a bit the flavor, I could’ve become nauseous if I kept smelling, once it was in my mouth ok fine I could keep chewing.

I guess nowadays I’m very conscious that this is a death animal, when I smell now the eggs or any meat, the smells makes me aware that this is something dead, idk if anyone else experienced this, @Michael569?

Edited by Juan

You and many people who are into eating meat, don't understand that some people just can't eat meat because if they eat meat they feel the consciousness of the animal that they are eating, they feel the last emotions of this animal which are usually huge fear, huge suffering. If you are very conscious of that, how could you, in your lucid mind put this in your body? It feels like cannibalism. It's something that makes you feel deeply sick.

It usually happens with spiritual awakening, but not necessarily, some people just born with this form of sensitivity that prevents them from consuming meat. It's not even on the ideological level, they just can't do that, and it's not something that comes from their ego or even intellect, but from their pure consciousness. For those people, telling them to eat animal meat is the same like telling them to eat their own body, or any human meat.

I don't say that there aren't people who are vegan because of ideological reasons, but it doesn't matter, you gotta stop judging people who don't have the same life preferences like you have. If you feel like you can't live without meat, if you feel like your body can't exist without meat, eat it, but leave alone people who can't eat it and stop trying to control them, stop shaming them for their choice, stop telling them what's right or wrong, you are not the one who is accountable for them, you are not their authority, you are not the one to decide what they should or shouldn't put in their own bodies. 

You don't like when people telling you to stop eating meat because X and Y, you don't like when people are guilt tripping you, but then, if you don't like it, why do you do exactly the same to other people?

Focus on yourself and do whatever is right for you, and trust that other people are doing what's right for them. 

Let Love In

@Lila9 when you get enlightened you will find out most of the things are constructed by your own mind and everything is love. We are part of nature and its prey and predator dualism. God made these animals to be eaten.

In Tate we trust