Sabth

I still did not have an exercise partner and am still stuck at home?

18 posts in this topic

I'm gaining weight I guess? Not losing any. 

And I couldn't think of anything forward. (I'm still stuck like this) there's really nobody, no one to bring me to jog every morning, or buy me a treadmill, I really feel stuck. 

Edited by Sabth

The reflection in the mirror will never smile first.

- The Universe

As above so below, as within so without.

Buy a gym pass and start training solo? 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I don't like a mirror I don't need a mirror~ it can't do anything to me. 

I can only stop and look myself in the mirror, it can't do nothing to me in the background..  

9 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Buy a gym pass and start training solo? 

Maybe~

Can't I lose my weight naturally? 

Edited by Sabth

1 hour ago, Sabth said:

Can't I lose my weight naturally? 

If all you want is to lose weight, just run every single day, preferably a 5k, and dont eat too much. Youre making it too complicated for yourself

5 hours ago, Sabth said:

no one to bring me to jog every morning, or buy me a treadmill, I really feel stuck. 

You must bring yourself to do these things. Youre waiting for a savior that will never come. If you cant motivate yourself, then youll fall back into your old patterns once that person leaves

Edited by Phil King

@Phil King amen brother. The motivation has to come from inside. Don't tell others, don't post it just do it for you. And for god's sake don't compare your progress with anyone elses. Make it your own journey. Start with as much or as little as you can and day after day increase a little bit. If you do one push up today tommorow you do two and the next day 3. If yoy run for 2 minutes this week every day next week yoy run 3 min every day etc.

5 hours ago, Phil King said:

You must bring yourself to do these things. Youre waiting for a savior that will never come. If you cant motivate yourself, then youll fall back into your old patterns once that person leaves

I'd hv to wait for either my mom, or my dad, or my brother to bring me. Or I would hv to go alone in this neighborhood ..

1 hour ago, LoneWonderer said:

@Phil King amen brother. The motivation has to come from inside. Don't tell others, don't post it just do it for you. And for god's sake don't compare your progress with anyone elses. Make it your own journey. Start with as much or as little as you can and day after day increase a little bit. If you do one push up today tommorow you do two and the next day 3. If yoy run for 2 minutes this week every day next week yoy run 3 min every day etc.

..I'm not that bad in workout, anyway

I'm looking for a walk, not gonna run.  

I've walked before and it was so weird...

I'm still am having no progress. It's been one month since lol

Not a single walk or run or a gym progress

~

I think it might be because of this neighbourhood. Back then. If people want to walk they would go to the park. 

So when I walk, there was actually nobody doing it. So I look weird walking amongst houses. 

There was another time when I walk beside a main road. That too are weird but not too weird. (Because there are people selling stuff) But I don't like it too much. I used to walk during my project so this (back then) kinda reminds me of that, but it doesn't feel too much the same. To walk at home and/vs to walk at others neighbourhood/city. 

27 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

if you go for a 20 minute walk right now, there's your progress.

It's night now so tomorrow morning I may try . But then again, which road do I wanna walk through? It reminds me of back then when I do walk

So maybe the right timing might felt different(?)

Edited by Sabth

On 5/4/2023 at 2:46 AM, Sabth said:

(I'm still stuck like this) there's really nobody, no one to bring me to jog every morning

This is exactly why you aren't making progress. You are looking for excuses and not taking responsibility. Somehow it's not your fault, but somebody else for not being there to bring you out.

It's all bullshit games your mind is playing. If you are honest with yourself, you'll see there is NO reason you can't walk outside right now and start jogging.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Intrinsic vs Extrinsic motivation, but dont ask how the former happened.

The trick is the set physical challenges for yourself and gamify the entire process. That's how 100% of athletes or anyone who exercise consistently does it. Its not about "i want to loss weight" or "I do it to be healthy".

The mindset is "I want to climb that mountain because it looks fun!"

"Can I do a handstand across this balance beam jugging 3 balls with my feet and holding a nugget in my ass?, Challenge accepted!"

Its definitely easier with a bunch of friends who also like to challenge themselves. 

I recommened signing up to gymnastics gym, team sports.

Avoid anything that IS NOT MENTALLY CHALLENGING. 

This is the biggest mistake everyone makes, they exercise with out the mental challenge component then give up over time, like jogging or mindless cardio on a machine.

Sports, martial arts, rock climbing, slack lining, pair dancing... involve high mental performance and focus, this is part of the addiction. Even body building is about challenging yourself to be stronger everyday and setting personal records. 

To be athletic is mental not physical. 

Challenge channeling challenges. Gamification. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral did you even read the OPs original post before dropping these videos? :D:D 

I think the challenge here is to actually leave the house and go for a walk. And that needs to be resolved 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 ?Walking's boring, who wants to do that? If im leaving the house its for some action. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

It's night now maybe I'd try doing something at night now when the road is empty. (But I'm still sleepy.)

*Empty roads are eery. (But it reduce the chance for me getting into accidents .. ) 

It's not completely empty though...

@integral there's no such thing (gym) in my place/near me.

Gamification? I'll try going out every 7 in the morning. Which route should I go? It might be too far..  (I've thought about this before but with somebody else/not alone). 

Edit: I really don't feel like going out...

Edited by Sabth

hikikomori?

3 hours ago, integral said:

hikikomori?

No~~