Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryandesreu

Jordan Peterson's Take on Trump and the Stolen Election Case

11 posts in this topic

I'm not a conservative, I don't like posting videos about Trump, and I don't agree with everything Peterson says but he does make many good points here and I appreciate his intellect and mature, relatively balanced analysis. I generally get the feeling that he's trying to be genuine when he analyzes and I appreciate that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cROFV8WsUVQ&pp=ygUZam9yZGFuIHBldGVyc29uIGRlYmF0aW5nIA%3D%3D

@ryandesreu

8 hours ago, ryandesreu said:

I'm not a conservative, I don't like posting videos about Trump, and I don't agree with everything Peterson says but he does make many good points here and I appreciate his intellect and mature, relatively balanced analysis. I generally get the feeling that he's trying to be genuine when he analyzes and I appreciate that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cROFV8WsUVQ&pp=ygUZam9yZGFuIHBldGVyc29uIGRlYmF0aW5nIA%3D%3D

Yes, Jordan Peterson is a good example of a reasonably healthy conservative. He's also a good example that many people have different strengths and weaknesses, for example he's strong in his understanding of psychology, but weak in his political understanding, yet because he's in the spectrum too smart you're stupid, he actually won't change too deeply his fundamental positions about other people and the world.

Anyone who doesn't immediately recognize Trump as a con-artist is deeply compromised in either intelligence or integrity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Anyone who doesn't immediately recognize Trump as a con-artist is deeply compromised in either intelligence or integrity.

Yes, he's a good litmus test.

The Ukraine war is a good litmus test too..

Actually I found a meme with both Putin and Trump: 

1683167930027.jpg

Trump works hard for Putin.

Edited by Blackhawk

Trump doesn't work for Putin, Trump just resonates with authoritarians and dictators because that is his fantasy to be one.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Enlightement

7 hours ago, Enlightement said:

I've never found Peterson to be integrous, mature, or intelligent. None. Neither empathic. Dumbfounding. 

Be careful eating the dogma of Peterson, he is too cavalier about it. 

For sure, I do agree mostly when it comes to politics and collective issues he's giving an opinion on, except when he's giving an opinion on psychology that's were his real value lies, so I disagree with some of the more extreme left's caricatures of Jordan Peterson on the psychology side.

9 hours ago, Enlightement said:

I've never found Peterson to be integrous, mature, or intelligent. None. Neither empathic. Dumbfounding. 

Be careful eating the dogma of Peterson, he is too cavalier about it. 

A little disappointed that nothing positive was taken from that video for you. I see that these adjectives of Peterson are relative. Thank you for the dogma caution. I try not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Wondering what you think of Simon Cowell. 

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

He is just a little bit of a rapscallion I guess. I am fan of trickery and political satire but this Trump character takes it too far for me.

On 5/3/2023 at 9:22 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@ryandesreu

Yes, Jordan Peterson is a good example of a reasonably healthy conservative. He's also a good example that many people have different strengths and weaknesses, for example he's strong in his understanding of psychology, but weak in his political understanding, yet because he's in the spectrum too smart you're stupid, he actually won't change too deeply his fundamental positions about other people and the world.

I see. I'm always looking for high quality sources and continuing to improve my political awareness. Thank you for the feedback.

@ryandesreu

Just now, ryandesreu said:

I see. I'm always looking for high quality sources and continuing to improve my political awareness. Thank you for the feedback.

You're welcome! Jordan Peterson is great for psychological lessons, but not for the political unless it's studying the pitfalls and traps of that worldview.