Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheSalad

Body Heats Up When Meditating

6 posts in this topic

Usually during a meditation session my body heats up a couple of times. It is the same kind of heat that comes up when feeling ashamed or embarrassed; especially the temperature in my head starts to increase. Maybe it is related to the fact that I feel ashamed quite easily in everyday life, which is due to lack of self-confidence I guess. Does anyone have similar experiences? Do you have any ideas on why this happens?

Q: Bhagavan, whenever I meditate, I feel great heat in the head and, if I persist, my whole body burns. What is the
remedy?
A: If concentration is made with the brain, sensations of heat and even headache ensue.
Concentration has to be made in the Heart (spiritual Heart), which is cool and refreshing. Relax and your meditation will be easy. Keep your mind steady by gently warding off all intruding thoughts but without strain. Soon you will succeed.

I too experienced this, but this helped this. (http://sosmethod.co/)

Even i experienced the same but meditation helped me out. One of the best meditation app which I have experienced using is the SOS Method app(https://sosmethod.co/). It's unique in that it doesn't require you to quiet your mind, it only takes minutes, and it's been endorsed by doctors, scientists, and regular people all over the world. It's a special formula that fuses music, tones, words and white space, and there are programs for all kinds of needs/issues/goals.

Yea it's a good thing, stay present with this shame when it arises. The heat means you are burning up stuff that is not needed, that's my experience at least. I experience more heat in the core of the body. 

Edited by Fishy