davecraw

How do you know you are imagining everything?

74 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, davecraw said:

What is the evidence in your experience that your entire expereince is imaginary and not real?

Why can’t it be imaginary and real?

It would be silly to say that you’re not real. 

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

You will have moments where you shift awareness beyond the person and see as the ALL SEEING EYE. This will give you all the proof you need.

The experience is real, the fabric/the reality is not. The 'essence' that is you is the only real thing, all else is a projection of consciousness.

As above so below, as within so without.

21 minutes ago, M A J I said:

The 'essence' that is you is the only real thing, all else is a projection of consciousness.

That’s exactly what an enlightened master would say. 

Thank God I Imagined Them. 

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

8 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

That’s exactly what an enlightened master would say. 

Thank God I Imagined Them. 

As they imagined you :)

As above so below, as within so without.

It might or not be the case, you have to personally become conscious of whatever's true even if it contradicts your assumptions. Otherwise you're left with hearsay and what might be second-hand knowledge from authentic teachers. Hey, maybe it turns out that nothing is your imagination. Work on having several enlightenments.

The thought that something is imaginary or not is exactly that. A thought, An experience, Qualia. It's nothing to get hung up on. There's that. Do what is best. 

On 5/2/2023 at 1:27 PM, davecraw said:

What is the evidence in your experience that your entire expereince is imaginary and not real?

Awakening. But real and imaginary are identical.  You mean physical and objective - meaning something beyond the current experience. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

But real and imaginary are identical. 

Imaginary means that it does not exist outside of your direct experience. that is to say, that only you, so your direct experience ,are real, and everything that is inside your direct experience is just imaginary

You know you are imagining everything precisely when you are able to intuitively connect the dots to EVERYTHING happening in your direct experience. 

Sharpen that skill, kids!

33 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Imaginary means that it does not exist outside of your direct experience. that is to say, that only you, so your direct experience ,are real, and everything that is inside your direct experience is just imaginary

No imaginary means it's made of mind.   It's the stuff of dreams.  It's not made of matter.  This is real though, because there is nothing other than that.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

No imaginary means it's made of mind.   It's the stuff of dreams.  It's not made of matter.  This is real though, because there is nothing other than that.

7 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yes, in that sense imaginary=real, but I would say that the other definition is more accurate. it is imaginary because it only exists while you are imagining it, when it appears in your experience. only has reality as experience

Reality is a Mind that dreams/imagines. When you say something is "real", what you mean is, it's imagined by you so deeply that you are not even aware of how it is imagined. And so you call that "real". Whereas if you become aware of how something is imagined, you call it unreal.

You have to realize that this is all a trick of the mind. There is no ground for the distinction between real and imaginary. Because at root all there is, is Mind.

The key is to drop the idea that there exists anything outside of imagination, by noticing that everything is Mind.

How do you know? Consciousness. The only way anything is known. The only solution here is more consciousness, and no other way will work.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 03/05/2023 at 0:40 AM, Breakingthewall said:

Because i realized that limits are imaginary. This is the infinity, and I'm talking to myself, it's all a trick, but you can't understand it from within the trick, you have to get out of it, and once you get out, there are no others, they are an impossible. then the trick sucks you in again and the others are real again. the fucking trick is very well done and extremely difficult to understand

@Breakingthewall What 'trick' are you talking about exactly?

Can't see any trick here. 

4 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

@Breakingthewall What 'trick' are you talking about exactly?

Can't see any trick here. 

The trick is the appearance of a timeline, a life, a past, a future, important things like relationships or survival. Nothing is real, existence hasn't any meaning or sense, it's empty of all of that. It's just a dance, movement. 

On 5/2/2023 at 3:34 PM, Carl-Richard said:

If you observe what is happening without labeling it, you'll see that it's is just a big spontaneous happening, which is exactly like imagination: spontaneous creativity without any true origin. From this perspective, it sounds more valid to say that everything is imaginary, because there is no true "ground" from which things are arising out from. But this is also just a linguistic preference. You could describe it as "groundless" or "empty" or "nothing", or choose to not describe it at all.

That said, if you want to start labeling what is happening, you can start to make distinctions between things like "real" and "not real". For example, people will often call something not real if it's not shared among other people. If you're seeing pink elephants and nobody else are, they will tell you that it's not real. This is in fact where you get concepts like objective/physical reality: there seems to be a shared underlying ground from which a great amount of things are arising out from. But the mistake would be to think that this "shared ground" is nothing more than a label, just like "real" and "people".

The screen of awareness is the ground.

The screen of awareness is the source

The source is itself.

You put yourself to sleep when you word it the way you do.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Reality is a Mind that dreams/imagines. When you say something is "real", what you mean is, it's imagined by you so deeply that you are not even aware of how it is imagined. And so you call that "real". Whereas if you become aware of how something is imagined, you call it unreal.

You have to realize that this is all a trick of the mind. There is no ground for the distinction between real and imaginary. Because at root all there is, is Mind.

The key is to drop the idea that there exists anything outside of imagination, by noticing that everything is Mind.

How do you know? Consciousness. The only way anything is known. The only solution here is more consciousness, and no other way will work.

Can you, with a higher state of consciousness, alter reality in such a way that it would seem unreal to ordinary human consciousness?
Typically the "law of attraction".

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

The trick is the appearance of a timeline, a life, a past, a future, important things like relationships or survival. Nothing is real, existence hasn't any meaning or sense, it's empty of all of that. It's just a dance, movement. 

right. Got ya. 

Its true, one can get lost in that.

But think also that there's nothing else than that (the illusory game).

Inevitably the 'game must go on' in one for of another. I believe what we must strive is to play the game effortless and joyfully, because for total transcendence and non-attachment, well... thats basically asking for death.

If we are still 'playing' here I guess it's because we want. (At least I do) Nobody is forcing nobody to not do mahasamadhi or just sit and surrender everything...

Edited by Javfly33

27 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Can you, with a higher state of consciousness, alter reality in such a way that it would seem unreal to ordinary human consciousness?
Typically the "law of attraction".

Humans a pretty limited in how much they can morph physical reality with their mind.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 minutes ago, Enlightement said:

Can reality morph their mind? 

A baseball bat to your head will morph your mind, no?