Hardkill

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. running for POTUS

215 posts in this topic

Robert Kennedy, Jr.  would be the ideal president to reform the system.  He grew up in a political family and knows the system better than anyone in America.  When he was a kid, he was hanging out and listening to conversations between JFK and his father.  And he has probably already met most of the world leaders.   Based on his long experience, he has his own take on what is wrong with the system and he has a plan to fix it.   Trump talked about draining the swamp, but Kennedy actually has the knowledge to do it.  It should tell you something that the mainstream media won’t give him a platform and are trying to smear him as a “conspiracy theorist”.  He will have to use the Internet to get his message out.  The establishment with its forever wars bankrupting your future doesn’t want the system to change.  It’s profitable for them.  Is it profitable for you?

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Jodistrict His childhood experiences so close to the halls of power is interesting to me, how does that shape a young mind? 

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

22 hours ago, montecristo said:

@Jodistrict His childhood experiences so close to the halls of power is interesting to me, how does that shape a young mind? 

He learned to think logically and how to be a true public servant.   This is extremely rare today.    

Vincit omnia Veritas.

In a nutshell, RFK Jr would be better than Trump, Biden, Kamala Harris, Major Pete, Desantis 

The only person I have in mind who would never run would be Michelle Obama, shes loved even more than her husband.

12 hours ago, Tanz said:

Michelle Obama

Terrible candidate. I don't even know why people bring her up. She is not a political leader of any kind.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

40 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Terrible candidate. I don't even know why people bring her up. She is not a political leader of any kind.

She already has made it clear that she doesn't even want to run for president. 

In any case, can Biden convince enough moderates, independents, blacks, latinos, working class people, and young voters to vote for him instead of them voting for a third party or not voting at all?

Even my parents and my uncle, all of whom are 74 to 83 years old have told me that Biden really shouldn't run again because they are getting very worried that  too many Americans perceive him to be a doddering old man who's not gonna make it and the polls are still showing that about 70% of Americans don't want Biden to run again for president. Plus, Harris is the most unpopular vice president we've ever had since like Truman in the 1940s.

TYT keeps saying that Biden is "gonna lose in 2024!" and that "he needs to be primaried!" 

Now, I am skeptical about Biden definitely going to lose in 2024, but it is concerning that Biden is not being covered in fair enough light by the media as a highly successful president and a far better alternative to any right-wing extremist such as Ron DeSantis or Trump.

Edited by Hardkill

These talks of primarying Biden are a waste of time. It's not gonna happen.

Edited by Leo Gura

Is no one going to bring up why Donald Trump is getting charged so close to election day?

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

She probably doesn't have a mind or the fortitude to become a good president, but she's enough to give people hope even if it's not grounded on anything.  People are incredibly shallow, and if there were an actual leader that held people accountable, the people would not like that person.
Like the Bush family reigning from Bush senior, Clinton and Bush Jr showed the dangers of power accumulation.  If Michelle were to get into power it would be like Barrack being in charge again, but if she just showed up with a smile and a few speeches here and there, the average American could move on with their lives.  

When an influencer like Logan Paul or Andrew Tate makes more money than a president you know, there are going to be some problems.  

Robert F Kennedy Jr. is a true old fashion Democrat. Today Democratic Party is very mixed with different kind of ideologies altogether what I like about him is that he is very close to initial democracy principles, the same ones. His uncle was today Democratic Party is very different and have been taken over by others. That’s why the party itself in a big mess.

On 5/10/2023 at 5:05 PM, Leo Gura said:

These talks of primarying Biden are a waste of time. It's not gonna happen.

What is the paradigm that makes it impossible for an independent to win? Is it possible that paradigm shifted after the cataclysm of Trump and the anemia of Biden? Most people don't want either so I'm cautiously optimistic that this could be a unique moment where an independent with the bipartisan popularity of Kennedy can win.

He has done many interviews on fox news and other right wing podcasts and media outlets and I have now read at least 15,000 comments under these videos on youtube and I can confidently say that less than half a percent of them were negative about RFK. 

The vast majority went something like "I'm a lifelong republican and Trump supporter but I would vote for RFK in a heartbeat" or "I don't agree with everything he says but I respect him and would be happy to see him in the white house" or "can't believe this man is a democrat, he's got my vote"

This strikes me as something very unique and powerful, unprecedented in the post Reagan era

but again, I don't have a deep understanding of why the two party system is so utterly dominant in american politics, so i hesitate to think he can win as an independent if it's impossible he gets the dem primary.

The other avenue that there are rumors of is that they use RFK to kneecap biden so they can open up the field for a Gavin Newsom or some other dem candidate, recognizing that Trump can easily beat biden. They could quickly lose control of this tactic though...

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

Is this not an example of conscious leadership?

photo_2023-05-23 02.36.02.jpeg

@montecristo

2 hours ago, montecristo said:

Is this not an example of conscious leadership?

photo_2023-05-23 02.36.02.jpeg

Sounds about like an example of conscious leadership.

Just listening to RFK talk about pulling out of Ukraine shows me he's not serious.

This guy is just gonna let Putin conquer all of Ukraine? And I'm supposed to vote for that? Are you kidding me?

Edited by Leo Gura

20 hours ago, montecristo said:

He has done many interviews on fox news and other right wing podcasts and media outlets and I have now read at least 15,000 comments under these videos on youtube and I can confidently say that less than half a percent of them were negative about RFK.

This is basic populism. People basically like non-establishment types.

The problem is that these non-establishment types are wackos, who say lots of stupid shit, like Trump or Gary Johnson the libertarian candidate.

Edited by Leo Gura

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem is that these non-establishment types are wackos, who say lots of stupid shit, like Trump or Gary Johnson the libertarian candidate.

The bar is set extremely low so people's expectations are unreasonable in any direction.  If there was such a candidate that had a good laid-out plan for Medicare for all and made it impossible for the people on the left and right to refuse. They would win in a heartbeat and become the greatest president in modern history.  I had so much faith in Bernie but the dude fell flat and hasn't even whispered anything about it in a while.  

RFK seems serious in his attempt but there are so many obstacles that make his democratic seat nearly impossible. The DNC probably prefers Trump over him.  

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

So, would that mean that RFK has a serious chance of being elected president? Or not so much because of how extreme, weird, and off the wall he is?

6 hours ago, Tanz said:

The bar is set extremely low so people's expectations are unreasonable in any direction.  If there was such a candidate that had a good laid-out plan for Medicare for all and made it impossible for the people on the left and right to refuse. They would win in a heartbeat and become the greatest president in modern history.  I had so much faith in Bernie but the dude fell flat and hasn't even whispered anything about it in a while.  

RFK seems serious in his attempt but there are so many obstacles that make his democratic seat nearly impossible. The DNC probably prefers Trump over him.  

If the DNC "can stop" any left-wing populist like Bernie from being the Democratic nominated, then why couldn't the RNC in 2016 stop Trump, a right-wing populist, from being nominated as the Republican nominee? Explain.

Edited by Hardkill

7 hours ago, Hardkill said:

So, would that mean that RFK has a serious chance of being elected president? Or not so much because of how extreme, weird, and off the wall he is?

In the end I think if people were to hear his full views on things they would find him a wacko.

You cannot gauge the mainstream appeal of a political candidate by online comments. Online comments are NOT representative of average voters. The best thing we got are polls. And I'm pretty sure Biden out-polls RFK.

If there was no Democrate incumbent running, then maybe RFK would have a chance. Challening the sitting Presedent of your own party is not a good strategy.

Edited by Leo Gura