Hardkill

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. running for POTUS

215 posts in this topic

How many more weird alternative candidates will we keep getting and how much of a problem will this be for Biden and the Democrats in 2024?

Edited by Hardkill

Despite some people may dislike him for his "anti" covid vax stance, if you look at the totality of his political career, he's been consistent in his beliefs.
I think he could clean up the democratic party at the very least, divide it to the point where people may feel there are some honest actors in the democratic party. Like what Trump did to the republican party, RFK can do to the Dems.    

I can see a situation where he somehow becomes president where his life may be on the line, just as JFK was.  

Kyle offers some good commentary.  

he will win

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

He is not qualified to run this government. He would make lots of bad oddball decisions.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura like? Stopping proxy wars, imperialism and cia coups?

His uncle was so unqualified... that they killed him 

Screenshot_20230504_154000_Chrome.jpg 

Screenshot_20230504_153938_Chrome.jpg

NEVER have I heard an american politician tell the uncomfortable truth about south america and immigration.

This is shockingly honestScreenshot_20230504_154925_Chrome.jpg

He may say some good-sounding things, but I doubt he would actually solve any of these issues. It's easy to level progressive critiques but not have the discipline and understanding needed to actually govern effectively.

The President is not a dictator job. It requires working with all of Congress and all the insiders and bureaucrats.

Edited by Leo Gura

I would love to see a debate but it has to be done right with the right moderator. Debates can turn into mud slinging with falsehood and fallacies leaving listeners like myself dumber than they were beforehand. The average voter might be smart enough to be able to weed through the bs of a debate but IDK. 

He's the only politician talking about the real issue - the kleptocracy - rather than this fake culture wars left/right nonsense that diverts attention away from the bad actions of the ruling class.   If Kennedy catches fire there will be no stopping him.  He transcends the fake paradigm and will attract Trump voters as well as traditional democrats and even progressives.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

34 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

He's the only politician talking about the real issue - the kleptocracy - rather than this fake culture wars left/right nonsense that diverts attention away from the bad actions of the ruling class.   If Kennedy catches fire there will be no stopping him.  He transcends the fake paradigm and will attract Trump voters as well as traditional democrats and even progressives.

I would say Marianne Williamson is very similiar in that regard, minus the anti-vaxxery. 

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

He may say some good-sounding things, but I doubt he would actually solve any of these issues. It's easy to level progressive critiques but not have the discipline and understanding needed to actually govern effectively.

The President is not a dictator job. It requires working with all of Congress and all the insiders and bureaucrats.

How familiar are you with his ideas and his career? Hard to say anyone else in the running has a background with more direct experience wrangling with these federal agency elites and their collective ego's as an environmental lawyer. His family background plays a part too, "he get's the joke but doesn't think it's funny".

Your cynical take may be justified given that his father and uncle were murdered as a result of their conviction in higher consciousness ideals though, I'll give you that.

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

9 minutes ago, montecristo said:

How familiar are you with his ideas and his career?

Not very. I should investigate him more, but I've heard some bad takes from him which left me with a bad first impression.

His rants on Covid are sorta a deal-breaker for me, so I haven't bothered to investigate him deeper.

How many hundreds of thousands would have died if this guy was the President during Covid? It's hard to take such a person seriously.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Not very. I should investigate him more, but I've heard some bad takes from him which left me with a bad first impression.

His rants on Covid are sorta a deal-breaker for me, so I haven't bothered to investigate him deeper.

How many hundreds of thousands would have died if this guy was the President during Covid?

I guess that's debatable, but he would have given people freedom to choose whether or not to take the vaccine or isolate themselves. If they died as a result (or didn't die) that would have been their choice. We're talking about the U.S here, and the Constitution does not make any special provisions for pandemics.

If you listen to his announcement speech you would be hard pressed to come away believing he isn't a conscious leader.

Robert Kennedy, Jr is not an anti-vaxer.  He believes in vaccines.  His issue with covid was safety.  In his book, he argues like a lawyer and provides references to back up everything he says.   I haven't heard anyone seriously argue his points with reason.  Instead they call him names.  The ruling class and media lackies don't want him to run on real issues and actually change the country, because the present system is very profitable for them.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 hours ago, montecristo said:

he would have given people freedom to choose whether or not to take the vaccine

I doubt he would have even funded vaccine development. As dumb as Trump is, at least he did that.

2 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

Robert Kennedy, Jr is not an anti-vaxer.  He believes in vaccines.  His issue with covid was safety.  In his book, he argues like a lawyer and provides references to back up everything he says.   I haven't heard anyone seriously argue his points with reason.  Instead they call him names.  The ruling class and media lackies don't want him to run on real issues and actually change the country, because the present system is very profitable for them.  

Hard to argue with this if you're informed.

I recommend watching his announcement full speech. I'm waiting to see the development of this guy, he still got a lot to prove in terms of political agility and actual negotiation muscle in politics(even though he won several law cases against Monsanto as a lawyer, which still says a lot), yet he is sounding more loving, understanding and has a deep introspective system approach to issues while appealing to a communitive spirit amongst Americans.

I think he has a huge potential, however, he is faced with inertia within his own party (look how it went for Bernie Sanders).

He def. seems like a more conscious leader, than the alternatives atm

Edited by Avidya

@Hardkill

On 2023-04-30 at 5:19 AM, Hardkill said:

How many more weird alternative candidates will we keep getting and how much of a problem will this be for Biden and the Democrats in 2024?

He's decent, and will challenge the democratic party, kind of act like another Trump litmus test. Definitely has interesting takes overall, but he's not perfect, for one his take on Covid is a bit bad. Decent leader, good to see a Kennedy running for at least POTUS.