M A J I

The Amanita Muscaria Files

16 posts in this topic

It is almost Amanita season here and I am feeling to go collect some highly valuable and underrated medicine. I personally find it a very healing substance, especially around mental, emotional and physical trauma. I found microdosing quite zen and meditative, helped with reprogramming and addictions too.

160498443-470036237471181-78453157433411

Here are some amazing notes shared by others I have saved to express the vast medicinal potential of this mushroom. Siberian shamans knew whats up.

"The effects you get from amanita muscaria can vary a lot. Some people experience similarities with being very very drunk. Others simply fall asleep and report that they see everything in new ways when they wake back up. I've even heard of people that had deep spiritual experiences on these mushrooms. And I have read of reports where people get an immense amount of energy and euphoria, along with a need to keep running. The experiences are very different to each other, which just makes these mushrooms even more exciting, as you never know exactly what you may end up with."

"For me, Amanitas mostly work on my nerves and sensations. I feel more powerful, like somebody turned up the voltage. I can do hard manual labor without tiring or getting sore like before. Sensation goes down including pain and discomfort. My thoughts become more focused and I am able to work on and finish projects better than before."

"I was eating Amanita Muscaria regularly last year (my dosing was about 1/4 of the cap) and this is all true. After eating it, you will have a lot of energy. I couldn't just do nothing at that time, I had to do something especially physically. I have accomplished all my plans and tasks immediately, which I previously delayed many times. My emotions were concentrated on "here and now", no negative thoughts, only positive. I couldn't have negative thoughts or be lazy even if I tried hard. This mushroom is amazing and I will search for it here in Poland this year too, but this time I will try to find a lot more."

"Gives you the impulse to artistic creativity and work, anti-depressant, effective painkiller, anti-anxiety, visionary catalyst, detoxifying agent, kills all types of viruses, and helps reprogramming the subconscious mind, and especially when eaten (raw) in smaller bites, acts as an energizer and enhances athletic performance." I personally can attest to this finding.

"This mushroom is very strong medicine for the people who respect it and use it wisely.
It has basicly changed my life and given me emotional and physical healing like nothing else."

My personal experience has been similar to those stated above, I noticed when consuming raw its like the perfect cup of coffee without the over-excitement or jitteriness while in the evening a modern 1 - 2g dose provided a subtle but very natural medicinal feeling and experience.

A friend of mine created a tincture for his dads back pain and also a cream and it worked better than pain medication and the strongest CBD oils. Was completely pain free after daily application over a month or so. This also is common with CBD but Amanita seems to go a bit deeper for some people.

Feel free to share your experiences :) Open discussion ~

Edited by M A J I

As above so below, as within so without.

Super cool, why are people saying its poisonous? 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

11 hours ago, integral said:

That has been the age-old rumor passed around for 100s of years, there is some truth to it but no one has ever died from it. If you eat kilograms of it raw you can get sick and vomit a lot and may have a powerful trip, but if you respect the medicine and prepare and consume it properly its entirely different story. These medicines are less about having fun and more about healing.

Edited by M A J I

I’ve heard conflicting things about amanita.  It does have anti-cholinergic effects, which can be damaging, but it sounds like the experiences tend to be a lot more positive than other deliriants for some reason.  The effects do interest me, but I’m always wary when there’s disagreement over whether something’s safe to consume.

1 hour ago, bmcnicho said:

I’ve heard conflicting things about amanita.  It does have anti-cholinergic effects, which can be damaging, but it sounds like the experiences tend to be a lot more positive than other deliriants for some reason.  The effects do interest me, but I’m always wary when there’s disagreement over whether something’s safe to consume.

Thanks for your comment, you can find a lot of info and science around amanita muscaria (fly agaric) through Amanita dreamer. https://www.youtube.com/@AmanitaDreamer

I did some more research, and it seems like the main psychoactive ingredient, muscimol, is safe, but there's other toxic substances in the mushrooms.  I guess the main risks I had heard about are the result of ibotenic acid.  I'm thinking an extract would be the safest way to consume it.  I was looking at tinctures, but it took me a long time to find one that said it was 100% decarboxylated, otherwise there might still be some ibotenic acid left in it. 

On 29.4.2023 at 5:31 PM, integral said:

Because it makes you trip balls. It contains ibotenic acid which is apparently a neurotoxin.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Hohoho, the legend says the spirit of the amanita muscaria mushroom is the origin of Santa Claus. 

This year i'll try them. @M A J I Do you eat the whole thing? I mean including the stem? How do you usually ingest them? Can I just dry them and crush it into powder?

@acidgoofy Usually only the head but I don't see issue with the stem either. Yes you can dry(bone-dry) and crush them, put in tea, make some soup... Its the most delicious mushroom there is (think bell pepper and mushroom in one), I even smoke them (great smoke)... or you can soak in alcohol for few weeks then strain and use as tincture, its really endless how you can consume.

Only when raw you have to be a bit more careful. I think its natures limitless drug when you have a few bites raw, the only issue is the potency from mushroom to mushroom can vary. One mushroom could be up to 10x more potent than the next one in the same field. When they first pop up in season are the most potent and when they are round shaped like toad from mario :D

Edited by M A J I

@M A J I All I wanted to know, thanks!

Only when raw you have to be a bit more careful. I think its natures limitless drug when you have a few bites raw, the only issue is the potency from mushroom to mushroom can vary. One mushroom could be up to 10x more potent than the next one in the same field. When they first pop up in season are the most potent and when they are round shaped like toad from mario

Interesting. Do you mean mushroom field or mushrooms grow in the field? Because they grow in the forest where I live and there are literally fields of them, like an endless supply.

1 hour ago, acidgoofy said:

@M A J I All I wanted to know, thanks!

Interesting. Do you mean mushroom field or mushrooms grow in the field? Because they grow in the forest where I live and there are literally fields of them, like an endless supply.

I meant same region of the forest. Amazing place to live near the pines, very high energy :)

On 29/04/2023 at 3:41 PM, M A J I said:

helped with reprogramming and addictions too.

hmm, I would like to try this myself. :)
How did it help you in this regard? Did it make it easier to install new habits/ make you more conscious of behavior?
How much did you take each day?

8 hours ago, TheNovice said:

hmm, I would like to try this myself. :)
How did it help you in this regard? Did it make it easier to install new habits/ make you more conscious of behavior?
How much did you take each day?

I personally was doing a lot of meditation and nature therapy at the time so I believe that helped most but I would say similarly to microdosing Iboga or tabernanthe mannii, subtle(in the background) medicine, helping bring more awareness to the little things/toxic thoughts/habits we may miss.

I took about 0.5 - 1g dry most days/nights or smoke/vape some every now and then. Again 2.5g for me could be like 5 - 10g for you because no one amanita is the same and our bodies and vibrations are different. Always start small 0.25g and work your way up until you find your sweet spot.

HTH

I'm looking forward to your trip reports. but be aware that there exists two strains which have different concentrations what makes it easy to poison yourself like some on erowid report. 

On 04/05/2023 at 3:09 AM, Starlight321 said:

I'm looking forward to your trip reports. but be aware that there exists two strains which have different concentrations what makes it easy to poison yourself like some on erowid report. 

The only deadly/poisonous mushroom that grows next to the Amanita Muscaria is the Death Cap(Amanita phalloides) which is completely white and looks nothing like the red mushroom with spots, there is really one other mushroom that looks similar and its dark brown but no poisonous only much stronger in similar chemicals. These chemicals can be somewhat "toxic" but far from poisonous and cannot kill you. Milk thistle naturally grows in close proximity which is an anti-dote to mushroom poisoning.

Edited by M A J I