funkychunkymonkey

wage slavery depression

2 posts in this topic

I began to undo becoming addicted to mystical experiences and meditative experiences. I find a nice joy in a simple cup of tea, this issue of wage slavery i cannot break. Sure i can tough it out, i can try to zen through it but deep down its eating me. i just wanted to post this so if anyone else feels like this, your not alone. i wonder sometimes if ill ever get out. it hurts, i try to take it slow and roll with the punches, maybe one day ill be able to do what makes me happy, and lean into it to sustain my life. mystical experiences are great, they have transformed me, one thing ive learned is life MUST be appreciated in all the ways it exists and unfolds for you and if you dont wanna work for nice things and sacrifice. you wont get your happiness. as much as it fucking hurts, i have a little flickering of a nightlight in my heart that tells me to hang on, eventually your punishment wont be a job it will be that you got all that you ever wanted and consciousness was always free. just like the best things in life, just gotta water the plant i guess.

3 hours ago, funkychunkymonkey said:

I began to undo becoming addicted to mystical experiences and meditative experiences

Your entire life is a mystical experience. When you create this separation, when you say that life is not spiritual or mystical, you turn life into something stupid and materialistic and limited.

3 hours ago, funkychunkymonkey said:

I find a nice joy in a simple cup of tea

That's good. This is spirituality at its finest.

Even though it might not seem like it at times, ultimately you are creating all the rules and desires. You don't have to do any of this. But, you are. Why? Because there is something within you that wants to create something. There is something that is aware of the potential that is inside you. There is something that realizes that all of this might actually be worth it. You need to tap into that. Go for a walk. Listen to some of your favorite music. Then tell yourself: Maybe all of it will be worth it if I get to experience beautiful things like this from time to time.

It is important to get your mind sorted in this manner, because you can easily get pulled into compulsive states of consciousness otherwise. States of consciousness which make you feel like the entire world is ending. Just like if you have a full bladder, your consciousness will compulsively start focusing on finding a bathroom and nothing else. One moment, the most important thing in all of existence is a bathroom, and then the other moment it is something completely different. So, it is important to keep tabs on what types of environments are pulling you into which types of compulsiveness, and being able to detach yourself from that and be aware of that.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho