Enigma777

Self development is bullshit

10 posts in this topic

Provocative title which is only half true. But in this type of communities there’s always a certain number of people getting into self help as a compensation mechanism rather than genuinely doing the true work. For anyone finding themselves in this situation:

@Enigma777 yeah but you also need to be at some point in your life generally to actually be able to appreciate inner work. For example, before they can appreciate the merits of deep inner work, a lot of people are going to have to face the transformational dilemma at the end of their stage orange point of development in their life . If you try and get someone who's just entered stage Orange into doing deep inner work like Carl Jung's then it's probably not going to work. So counterintuitively the higher consciousness approach would be to give that person stage Orange techniques so they  master that stage and then transcend it. Then later down the line, say when they're starting to integrate Green, you can advocate for deep inner work in a way that is likely to be accepted and helpful.

It would actually be lower consciousness behaviour to advocate that they get involved in deep inner work at that earlier point in their lives.

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

@Ulax

27 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Enigma777 yeah but you also need to be at some point in your life generally to actually be able to appreciate inner work. For example, before they can appreciate the merits or deep in a work, a lot of people are going to have to face the transformational dilemma at the end of their stage orange point of development in their life . If you try and get someone who's just entered stage Orange into doing deep inner work like Carl Jung's then it's probably not going to work. So counterintuitively the higher consciousness approach would be to give that person stage Orange techniques so they  master that stage and then transcend it. Then later down the line, say when they're starting to integrate Green, you can advocate for deep inner work in a way that is likely to be accepted and helpful.

It would actually be lower consciousness behaviour to advocate that they get involved in deep inner work at that earlier point in their lives.

True, so many traps just come from introducing something so advanced that the person has yet to master the basics and go through the transformational dilemma. It done through actually doing and having, through the dilemma, which means you have to be at peak orange value, goes for the other stages too, to then go through the transformational dilemma into the newer stage of development.

@001 I disagree.

Also chill out dude

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

@001

10 hours ago, 001 said:

Not everything is about fucking spiral dynamics it's more about the psychological makeup of the individual what you often call fucking stage green is just an openness to experience and agreeableness it's about each person's traits not about mastering a stage each person has certain traits that are better than other traits.

for example, neurotic people who are more sensitive to negative emotions are more likely to care about inner work and unconscious integration (shadow work) than an extrovert who is not so neurotic bec why would he care if he is happy and not bothered by negative emotions.

what you call fucking stage orange is Conscientiousness nothing more literally NOTHING MORE.

and people vary on this trait, so having a system where there are stages to complete or integrate is bs idea that new age bs in a nutshell self-help products to milk people who are self-help junkies usually those people are high on neuroticism they feel like they are not good enough so they consume all sort of self-help shit.

DUDE CHILL!?

@001

10 hours ago, 001 said:

@Danioover9000

I am tired of this stupidity tbh

people on this forum give you the impression that they are brainwashed or don't think and follow whatever shit Leo says it's like they don't know anything except what Leo teaches them.

it's so annoying that's why I said fucking a lot

This may be a semantics issue, for me when I say stupid or stupidity it mostly means a max level of cognition, when a person can't think past a limit, for example processing extremely large numbers and doing very complex mathematics, most can't, whilst a few can, and a few can't do basic maths or basic logic even. To me, ignorance or idiocy is probably the better wording because it mostly means the persons is just not that willing to learn and know more, whether that's because they have reached their mental limit, or just general ignorance and lack of interest. So, is idiocy more closer to what you meant when you were tired of the stupidity in this forum in general?  

Yeah, they should probably ask questions more than answer and give complex answers, guilty of this myself. Just ask, seek clarity and good communication overall.

Is it just because of the annoyance you said fucking a lot, or is there horniness and other feelings as well?

On 24.4.2023 at 3:52 PM, 001 said:

@Danioover9000

I am tired of this stupidity tbh

people on this forum give you the impression that they are brainwashed or don't think and follow whatever shit Leo says it's like they don't know anything except what Leo teaches them.

it's so annoying that's why I said fucking a lot

https://www.wirtschaftspsychologie-heute.de/spiral-dynamics-a-foolish-alternative-theory-about-human-evolution/

manifestation is the real juice 

Theory is important but results come from actually doing it 

Goal setting, visualization, time blocking, pomodoro 

Edited by Jacob Morres

It's 100 % what you make it of it. Self improvement videos alone could turn a loser living in his basement into a millionaire if he actually applies himself. Funny thing is if you just read 4-5 books on self improvement and really applied it it's all you'd need, but we need repetition and reminders because the old brain grooves and laziness are such strong beasts

recently i read a youtube comment that i felt was really good

- theory is just deposits of information. you just take what you [genuinely] need for the moment, discard what you don't

it's not meant to be mindlessly consumed in most cases

Edited by Jacob Morres