Simple Success

Be Still. Why?

4 posts in this topic

“Your duty is to be and not to be this or that. 'I am that I am' sums up the whole truth. The method is summed up in the words 'Be still'. What does stillness mean? It means destroy yourself. Because any form or shape is the cause for trouble. Give up the notion that 'I am so and so'. All that is required to realize the Self is to be still. What can be easier than that?” - Maharshi

Whenever I am still nothing happens. What is so good about doing nothing?

8 hours ago, Simple Success said:

“Your duty is to be and not to be this or that. 'I am that I am' sums up the whole truth. The method is summed up in the words 'Be still'. What does stillness mean? It means destroy yourself. Because any form or shape is the cause for trouble. Give up the notion that 'I am so and so'. All that is required to realize the Self is to be still. What can be easier than that?” - Maharshi

Observation itself is stillness.

When you're looking and learning, that's inner stillness.

Maharshi wants you to find 'stillness' because then it is present even during activity.

First find it through introspection.

Then find it through extroversion.

Read my writings about the intersection of metaphysics, politics and mysticism.

Ascetus.com/authors/jwayne

On 4/21/2023 at 7:15 PM, Simple Success said:

Whenever you are not still, does everything happen?

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

@Simple Success As an identity you are defined what you are. If you start detaching from this "what", you switch from identity to Being, you start to be just for the sake of it, without being this or that. Every good mediation technique trains you to be in tune with this untied being.

On 22/4/2023 at 2:15 AM, Simple Success said:

Notice your search for a utility in this. Nothing happens exacly beacause nothing ever happens to/in Being. 
Doing things make you to focused  with the outside world - so doing nothing for long enough  calms the agitations of mind.
A calmer mind make you more easily in tune with your nature.