Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gennadiy1981

Julian Assange and movie ithaka

1 post in this topic

Right now Julian’s father and brother are touring US and showing this movie called ithaka. I did not watch the movie yet but did hear their interview. Actually a lot I learned and didn’t know such details. So apparently what Julian did was he published the items which was given to him, including the famous exposition of Guantanamo bay prison torchere. 

Now I am not going into politics here really whether US had the right to torchere since the other side did torchere or not and etc. My main worry is as follows. I understand that whoever is employed in intelligence or government classified information signs paper of non disclosure and if they do leak info, they have the fight to be trialed for treason, that’s all given and I am ok with that. But… all what Julian did was publish info given to him, basically he acted as a journalist, and this is very typical as some people say, if something to happen to them they mail to news anchor to expose. Journalism is unofficially the fourth branch of government with freedom of expression. 

US wants to extract him form England but they asked England to place him in maximum solitary confinement with other mental criminals so the conditions are horrible, not to mention he already had stroke there. This is troubling to hear such, and it’s the state department that does it to him regardless who is the president at that time, whether it was Bush, Obama, Trump and Biden.

After hearing such interview, so then the real journalism is not so free. Is that an example they want to set as a precedent?