thenondualtankie

Brain fog starts months after COVID?

23 posts in this topic

I tested positive for COVD at the start of February.

Come few months later, I've now had debilitating brain fog for just over a week. I'm supposed to be studying for exams, but pretty much can't do so effectively. I notice that as soon as I have a thought that requires a certain level of intelligence, my mind seems unable to "reach out" for the thought. The brain fog started suddenly 8 days ago when I woke up and tried to study. I had been studying just fine the day before. I've seen no improvement in my brain fog since then.

My belief is that it is a combination of COVID and stress that has caused this brain fog. But is it really possible for COVID to cause brain fog months after infection is over? I had very little to zero residual symptoms after I had recovered.

I've been trying to do all the basic (yet important) things to keep myself healthy: staying hydrated, avoiding sugary and junk foods, eating foods with lots of micronutrients, doing daily exercise (usually not super intense), walks in nature. I've also started taking fish oil, maybe that'll do something.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Edited by thenondualtankie

Take 2g of aspirin in the morning on an empty stomach and see what happens

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Yes, me too.

My health never was great but i dealt with it, specially because i was very active (workout, muay thai, yoga etc). I was in a good groove in live until i had COVID at least two times. The first was brutal, there wasn't any vaccine so i was unvaccinated. Excluding 14 days of misery, the brain fog, fatigue and light depression kept going for months, until, one year later i had COVID the second fucking time.

Altough i was vaccinated and the symptoms during the 14 days was manageable this time, the brain fog, fatigue and depression got worse.

My health and life in general spiraled downwards, gained like 40lb (muscle and fat as i was still working out) in one year and still not 100% to this day.

Long COVID is not a joke.

Don't know the answer but i put health as number 1 priority since then, moved to nature, lots of sun, started canivore diet recently (which surprinsily helped a lot), kept exercising but my self-esteem took a huge hit and i am struggling to recover since.

1 hour ago, thenondualtankie said:

@Schizophonia Is this the whole "blood clot" theory?

No, just brain inflammation.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

On 19/04/2023 at 1:50 PM, thenondualtankie said:

I tested positive for COVD at the start of February.

Come few months later, I've now had debilitating brain fog for just over a week. I'm supposed to be studying for exams, but pretty much can't do so effectively. I notice that as soon as I have a thought that requires a certain level of intelligence, my mind seems unable to "reach out" for the thought. The brain fog started suddenly 8 days ago when I woke up and tried to study. I had been studying just fine the day before. I've seen no improvement in my brain fog since then.

My belief is that it is a combination of COVID and stress that has caused this brain fog. But is it really possible for COVID to cause brain fog months after infection is over? I had very little to zero residual symptoms after I had recovered.

I've been trying to do all the basic (yet important) things to keep myself healthy: staying hydrated, avoiding sugary and junk foods, eating foods with lots of micronutrients, doing daily exercise (usually not super intense), walks in nature. I've also started taking fish oil, maybe that'll do something.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Sounds like long COVID. I am 4 months into this shit, one of the worst experiences of my life. I have nearly lost my degree to a combination of brain fog, fatigue and muscle aching (3 of over 20 symptom). Start creatine monohydrate daily. Check out the research. Seemed to have helped me with the brain fog aspect. 

Did you get the vaccine? I noticed many who got the shot experience similar results. Who knows what they inject in you. Many cases of severe reactions and many deaths mainstream media does not show but we real people of medicine know and experience directly with people whom we help.

As above so below, as within so without.

5 hours ago, M A J I said:

Did you get the vaccine? I noticed many who got the shot experience similar results. Who knows what they inject in you. Many cases of severe reactions and many deaths mainstream media does not show but we real people of medicine know and experience directly with people whom we help.

The vaccine is not a predicator for long COVID 

Edited by Charlotte

1 hour ago, Charlotte said:

The vaccine is not a predicator for long COVID 

If you want the metaphysical explanation, You are not following your "spirit".

Everyone who gets it lacks immersion of nature and needs a more natural diet/environment to heal themselves.

Even if its only temporary, your health always comes first.

57 minutes ago, M A J I said:

If you want the metaphysical explanation, You are not following your "spirit".

Everyone who gets it lacks immersion of nature and needs a more natural diet/environment to heal themselves.

Even if its only temporary, your health always comes first.

If you want to go meta on the your metaphysical stance you could argue there is no such thing is the dichotomy between natural and unatural, this is a contrasting paradigm constructed via the the human mind between synthetic/lab based substances, and earth derived or 'natural' substances. However, everything, be it 'natural' or 'synthetic' derives from nothing and everything simultaneously, it comes from the earth. Therefore natural and synthetic don't exist.

31 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

If you want to go meta on the your metaphysical stance you could argue there is no such thing is the dichotomy between natural and unatural, this is a contrasting paradigm constructed via the the human mind between synthetic/lab based substances, and earth derived or 'natural' substances. However, everything, be it 'natural' or 'synthetic' derives from nothing and everything simultaneously, it comes from the earth. Therefore natural and synthetic don't exist.

Yes but you currently live in and are having a "physical experience" so universal and natural laws apply and you cannot deny or reject them. It is evident that there is a clear difference between natural and un-natural within this (dimension). If you operated at higher levels you wouldn't be having such experiences whatsoever, nor even be here within these forums. Its easy to "know" these things, but without "understanding" your knowings are meaningless/substanceless.

Edited by M A J I

11 hours ago, M A J I said:

I got covid months before my first shot and still got all those symptoms of long covid.

28 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

I got covid months before my first shot and still got all those symptoms of long covid.

I would aim my focus on detoxification of the body and as I mentioned, spending more time in a natural environment will speed healing/recovery significantly. Most environments today are quite toxic and polluted, you'd be amazed how even a weekend away in a forest or mountains allows healing and regeneration to occur. When your nervous system can relax, you will experience tremendous healing and recovery. Less is more.

I had brain fog for a few days after a week of COVID in December. I took some progesterone (a couple pumps of cream) and it went away in 24 hours. 

We wrote a book!

Ascetus.com/authors/jwayne

T+3 weeks since this has started. It's still the same. My exams are gonna be fucked to say the least... 9_9

Thanks for the suggestions people. I'll start creatine soon.

@thenondualtankie huge amounts of sympathy and compassion from me. I hop rou find a way to make peace with what is currently happening.

Literally in the same boat as you. I have two exams approaching and I can't move from the bed or find a word, chow chow degree ??‍♀️??

I’ve had covid 3 times and i’m not worse than before i’ve had brain fog on and off before covid. I don’t want to jinx it though. All the best.

Thank you for the kind messages.

I'm gonna bump this post again because I want to ask some questions regarding supplementation, as well as an update.

• I've started creatine (loading phase, 25g/day) for three days now. This should take around 2 weeks to take full mental effect (if it does), right?
  • Continuing with fish oil.

My question is: what supplements should I prioritise next? I'm thinking vitamin B12, since I've also had penile sensitivity issues since COVID. Yes, at the age of 21. What a disease! Vitamin B12 seems like it could kill both penile sensitivity and brain fog in one stone.

Second question: how do I actually incorporate vitamins? Should I just take all of them at once, or should I only start the B12 in a few weeks, once the other two should have fully kicked in?

I feel like I need @Michael569's help here :(

Edited by thenondualtankie

8 hours ago, thenondualtankie said:

I've started creatine (loading phase, 25g/day) for three days now. This should take around 2 weeks to take full mental effect (if it does), right?

Might or might not - the effects of creatine on mental health are poorly researched. But you won't know until you try. 2-3 weeks should indeed be enough to reach peak muscle saturation. Be prepared for some additional weight gain as a result of minor water retention. This is usually 1-3 kilos over the supplementation period 

Continuing with fish oil.

are you taking any medication? Some may interact with Omega 3s but in most cases you're fine. 

My question is: what supplements should I prioritise next? I'm thinking vitamin B12, since I've also had penile sensitivity issues since COVID. Yes, at the age of 21. What a disease! Vitamin B12 seems like it could kill both penile sensitivity and brain fog in one stone.

You might want to have that investigated if it doesn't get better. I've never heard of penile sensitivities after covid before. Could there be a degree of psychosomatic response of some sort? Is masturbation uncomfortable? Do you experience that all over or more towards the glans? 

Not sure if B12 will do much but you can never go wrong with it, if you are avoiding animal produce. 

Second question: how do I actually incorporate vitamins? Should I just take all of them at once, or should I only start the B12 in a few weeks, once the other two should have fully kicked in?

Most vitamins you can take together, in a single dose, in the morning. Some minerals like zinc are better received before sleep by some people but overall, it doesn't really matter. D, E & K should be taken with some food but I don't honestly know if that makes a difference, somehow I think that "fat absorbtion" is not really a thing and they just get mixed with fat once crossing the lumen of your digestive tract anyway. 

hope that helps 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Thank you for the response.

You might want to have that investigated if it doesn't get better. I've never heard of penile sensitivities after covid before. Could there be a degree of psychosomatic response of some sort? Is masturbation uncomfortable? Do you experience that all over or more towards the glans?

I don't think it's psychosomatic. When I first got COVID, I had full blown ED and I could almost feel nothing on my penis. It recovered in the coming weeks, but not fully. There's still some softness at the tip of my penis and lack of sensitivity, particularly in the glans area. Since COVID I've also had a few mildly uncomfortable ejaculations.

(Sorry to everyone else for the excruciating detail)