Jesus Daniel

Thoughts on Connor Murphy?

41 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

1) He was very immature, vain, and narcissistic to begin with.

2) He has bipolar disorder. So he had mental illness to begin with.

Combining that with psychedelics is obviously dangerous. He ignored all the warnings I gave him and he was on DMT daily.

Has he been officially diagnosed with bipolar disorder? 

@TheAlchemist @TheAlchemist @Leo Gura

Ok it could be that his very first mental breakdown was real and he was so ashamed that he tried to frame it as an act. What followed was a spiritual journey he barely planned and tried to rationalized it somehow and fit it all together, always telling it was an act (his savety card) . He then was really acting but also could release during his act his mania and psychotic traids. So there could be 80% acting and 20% portion of some true craziness in him what wanted to be expressed. 

Edited by OBEler

19 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Leo Gura he was just trolling. He is not mental ill. And he did not take ayahuasca daily. It is just a show.

Stop spreading his bullshit.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

He is a psychedelics Frankenstein monster.

In Tate we trust

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Stop spreading his bullshit.

@Leo Gura you seem to be ignorant of Connor’s journey. You spread the false rumours of him being mentally ill etc. Whether he’s been diagnosed with bipolar this I don’t know but when it comes to his “madness episode” of last year faking his death etc that was part of his personal myth we could say. It was part of his journey of self conquest. He was suffocated by his ego and lack of meaning induced by his shallow lifestyle and he had legit awakenings that he may not have been ready for that lead him down a path of destroying his public persona and freeing himself of shyness and other inhibitions. For normies to mistake this chapter of his life as him being clinically insane is understandable but YOU should know better. If you actually hear him talk it shows that he’s been very rational and that most of what he did had been consciously planned out. You don’t plan something like that if you’re crazy as madness implies a lack of rational deliberation. 

He explained everything here:

@Enigma777 Bro, obviously he was unwell. I followed the whole thing.

Not a judgment against Connor either. But, a lot of people were concerned about him and that phase of his life really set him back. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art thats not so obviously. I see it as Enigma. He went on a spiritual journey and there was a rational plan behind his crazy stuff. But I dont buy that every thing he did like 40 days fasting etc was fitting into his whole story. He tried many stuff out to free himself from social anxiety and old lifestyle as a bodybuilder.

@OBEler I think he started out on a genuine spiritual path. But, things spiralled out for him. It can happen. I followed him very closely, saw the videos, saw the lives, saw the posts in the forum…. 

He was unstable, caught in between a bunch of different sorts of motivations, illusions of grandeur, prophetic visions, and then losing grip between reality, spiritual insight, acting, self deception,  etc 

Other than the collateral damage I know he had a fun time.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

42 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Enigma777 Bro, obviously he was unwell. I followed the whole thing.

Not a judgment against Connor either. But, a lot of people were concerned about him and that phase of his life really set him back. 

My friend, if you followed the whole thing then you are aware that the beginning of everything is his “mental breakdown” in 2020, the famous video of him in his apartment and then faking his death and “resurrection”. The way he planned his 3 day stay(which ended up being 14 due to legislative bs) in a mental hospital was absolutely genius. He called the cops on himself etc. At the very beginning you see him throwing one of his old shirts, saying “bye old me” and other things signifying the death of an old life for the birth of a new one.

This video is a good example:

He knew what he was doing since the very beginning the purpose was the destruction of his inhibiting public persona, quitting profane existence for the beginning of a spiritual one. So of course he was mentally unstable(spiritual awakening does that every single time it’s the nature of it) but he wasn’t mentally ill. He knew what he was doing. For the new to be born the old must die and of course his old illusions were so solidly rooted in his psyche because of the crazy amount of attention he received for shallow acts of exhibition and the whole ego he created around all of that. Bear in mind that Connor was a normal dude so OF FUCKING COURSE an awakening would make him unstable and blow his mind, make him question his whole existence and force him to realign his life with the truths he had now discovered. 

We life in a society were people are constantly limiting themselves to pathological degrees and an aspect of awakening is realizing the irrational, aggressive and intense nature of subconscious contents. The destruction of the persona and the arising to consciousness of previously buried contents brings about instability every time because the foundations of the psyche must be destroyed in order for new order to be created. So the poor guy realized all of this and became unstable but not crazy. He planned his escape from the prison that was his old conditioned existence and he succeeded brilliantly. Sheep’s and normies will obviously call him crazy because they didn’t had these realizations but I would expect a much more precise and sharp understanding of the whole picture coming from people who are supposed to be seekers of the divine path.  

So I think that we agree that he was mentally unstable but I say it’s normal. Of course he was for reasons that I detailed. But people claiming he was having a psychotic break and batshit crazy are stupid. He definitely was not and all in all, it was pretty much all logically structured. What we witnessed with Connor murphy is the destruction of a false self, an awakening and the work of God within a profane human who redeemed himself beautifully. He destroyed his reputation for the sake of truth and liberation. He did gods work. He should be an example for everybody who’s on this path as someone who had great courage and did the right thing instead of perpetuating a lie for comforts sake.

Edited by Enigma777

@Enigma777 Whatever man. I watched it go down. 

I am aware people will have different interpretations. 

But, my view is that: he was mentally unstable, immature, and became very ungrounded. He fell into a bunch of traps immature people fall into when they are just getting into it. Not to mentioned he lacks maturity just in general. 

He was unwell…. 

For awhile he thought he was going to awaken the world. That giving away his banking information and passwords was a good idea, that there was a prophecy for him to win the grand open Gold tournament. When he didn’t get into the tournament he dressed as a butter fly and ran around the field and got kicked out. 

Awakening and psychedelics can unground you. Mix that with being epistemologically shallow and immature, going through some trauma or whatever he was doing… it was very messy. 

Connor has a high level of openness, playfulness, creativity and spontaneity. The psychedelics opened him even more and he wasn’t ready to listen to anyone about its proper usage. 

I think he started with a genuine intention to awaken. I think he still can make a lot of spiritual progress. But, what he ends up doing is up to him. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

14 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Enigma777 Whatever man. I watched it go down. 

I am aware people will have different interpretations. 

But, my view is that: he was mentally unstable, immature, and became very ungrounded. He fell into a bunch of traps immature people fall into when they are just getting into it. Not to mentioned he lacks maturity just in general. 

He was unwell…. 

For awhile he thought he was going to awaken the world. That giving away his banking information and passwords was a good idea, that there was a prophecy for him to win the grand open Gold tournament. When he didn’t get into the tournament he dressed as a butter fly and ran around the field and got kicked out. 

Awakening and psychedelics can unground you. Mix that with being epistemologically shallow and immature, going through some trauma or whatever he was doing… it was very messy. 

Connor has a high level of openness, playfulness, creativity and spontaneity. The psychedelics opened him even more and he wasn’t ready to listen to anyone about its proper usage. 

I think he started with a genuine intention to awaken. I think he still can make a lot of spiritual progress. But, what he ends up doing is up to him. 

Of course he was unstable that’s what the earlier stages of awakening do. And of course he fell in traps people fall into when they are just getting into it…he was doing just that; getting into it. 

My thing is that, as unstable as he was he was not crazy like most normies write under his videos. He was not “gone”, he was consciously transforming. 

I just recommend you watch his video “escaping the cult of bodybuilding the full story” completely if you haven’t. It’ll probably explain many things and fill many wholes like it did for me.

Edited by Enigma777

@Enigma777 I agree with you and I also have some differences.  I like what you say in the first two sentences. 

No, he wasn't "Crazy" and "Gone" and "Insane" because it was an induced straight. His only problem was that was going way to fast. He should of made more friends and gone the path of like... vlogging a trip to some cool retreat centre where he did auyaska. Instead of going in along in the hedonistic, rushed, immature way he did which ultimately lead to his downfall.

He is a really open minded guy. It's not easy to make a difference between his playfulness, creativity, comedy or his awakening/ mental instability or his selfishness, foolishness and immaturity., etc... For someone like that, I think opening his mind would be super challenging as the lines between reality and creativity blur.

He really should just start with a beginners mind. Go slow. Observe others. Spirituality and awakening is a slow process and it's challenging. Rushing super deep, not following protocols for tripping, over-consuming psychedelics can be a common newbie error. People, like Connor, tend to think they are stronger, smarter, too wise, to clean minded that a psychedelic could ever effect them that much. "Other people, but not me". No.

I heard Connor in one of his videos say that "psychedelics make you super awake and aware" or something like this. So, he thought that he was really just getting more and more awake and confusing his confusion for a higher truth or sanity. 

Psychedelics and spiritual teachings can totally destabilize you and make it so everyone around you thinks you are crazy. Often, especially for newbs you are acting weird, perhaps even dangerously and people around you have no idea what do make of it. All they know is that you took substances they know nothing about and then you starting acting insane. .... Not a good look for spirituality and psychedelics. 

This is why I stress going slow with psychedelics. Allowing proper integration times. Making sure you trip in a space that has no dangers around you. etc. Be safe and Namaste!

I may check out the video. But, I also watched it happen live. Like, I saw things happen as they did. I've even watched interviews. I suspect he may be doing cleaning work as he moves forward.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

So your argument guys is that he is not insane, but he is a silly manipulator?

Either way not worth it to be taking his content seriously.

@Girzo silly manipulator? not at all..

His content has some good value if you just look more deep and overcome your shallow view of "ohh look a crazy cringy druggy guy.. Haha..drugs are bad. " 

I don't need to overcome anything. His whole career is cringey.

If I wanted to waste my time, I would have better things to do than to watch some cringey young adult.

@Girzo this is a shallow view on connor murphy. But do whatever you want 

Oh it's not limited to Connor Murphy, it's 95% of the youtubers. Why would people waste their time listening to what for example Hasan or Vaush has to say about some issue, when they can read books on politics and check the news themselves. 2 hours of a youtube talki g head is 1/4 of a serious book, someone put a lot of effort articulating, not some free word flow of a mediocre intellectual. Or not an intellectual at all and neither a serious practicioner of any spiritual practice, like Connor Murphy.

People should be elitist on what they consume. We have got only one life, and we are wasting them on listening to ramblings of some random dudes.

@Girzo connor murphy is no random dude.  He had a video of over 60 Million views and he had one of the most materialistic anti spiritual fanbase you can have. But he went all in into spirituality and shocked everyone.

I have over 10 years spiritual developement behind. Connor murphy shared some great insights about Transformation no other book or youtuber has shown and I watched them all. Just saying

But hey, for you he is just a random crazy dude. It's shallow but fine by that

Edited by OBEler

2 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Girzo connor murphy is no random dude.  He went all in into spirituality. I have over 10 years spiritual developement behind. Connor murphy shared some great insights about Transformation no other book or youtuber has shown and I watched them all. Just saying

I agree that Connor is not shallow, the dude has more guts than most. He really went for it, he went all in and there's big risk involved in doing that. But if no one ever commited like he did we would be nowhere near where we are today. He's a mad scientist, although he did fly too close to the sun and burnt himself quite a bit, he seems to have recovered pretty well. And although he's a pretty weird dude, nothing less should be expected for someone who underwent the journey he undertook. His journey is an interesting example of a completely unexpected life transformation, revealing that Connor is in fact not a shallow guy but a pretty deep and strange guy, that's what's underneath the bodybuilding youtuber surface.

21 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Girzo connor murphy is no random dude.  He had a video of over 60 Million views and he had one of the most materialistic anti spiritual fanbase you can have. But he went all in into spirituality and shocked everyone.

I have over 10 years spiritual developement behind. Connor murphy shared some great insights about Transformation no other book or youtuber has shown and I watched them all. Just saying

Are you serious?

◭"89"