Leo Gura

Fox News Trial - Most Beautiful News Of The Year

41 posts in this topic

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo GuraWhy are you so biased when it comes to politics? You talk about humans and their petty games but you seem to like to participate in them. It’s the blind leading the blind on both sides and you know it. 

Edited by Enigma777

It’s unfortunate that this case didn’t go to trial.   The public needed to see all the evidence layed out on how this corporate media entity intentionally lied to people for profit and ratings.   That’s why Fox settled.   It will now be quickly forgotten and the cash settlement really won’t hurt them in the long term.    

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 hours ago, Enigma777 said:

@Leo GuraWhy are you so biased when it comes to politics? You talk about humans and their petty games but you seem to like to participate in them. It’s the blind leading the blind on both sides and you know it. 

You seem triggered.

Damn absolutely love accountability for these big firms. To me it shows a developing society 

2 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

It’s unfortunate that this case didn’t go to trial.   The public needed to see all the evidence layed out on how this corporate media entity intentionally lied to people for profit and ratings.   That’s why Fox settled.   It will now be quickly forgotten and the cash settlement really won’t hurt them in the long term.    

Yes but also Smartmatic (another voting technology company) is suing them for defamation as well for the tune of $2.7  billon dollars, almost double what Dominion wanted

I wonder what will happen because they have equally as strong of a case as Dominion did with tons of evidence.  

Yikes.

@hoodrow trillson

6 hours ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Yes but also Smartmatic (another voting technology company) is suing them for defamation as well for the tune of $2.7  billon dollars, almost double what Dominion wanted

I wonder what will happen because they have equally as strong of a case as Dominion did with tons of evidence.  

Yikes.

Holy shit! This is like open season hunting onto Fox News. Man, I kind of feel sorry for them a little, yikes I don't want to still be in Fox after this.

@Jodistrict

9 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

Should there be a legal function that can override early settlement? Like Fox settled early quickly, but legally they could cancel and refuse the settlement to proceed to court procedures?

@Enigma777

10 hours ago, Enigma777 said:

Maybe he was feeling petty that day, and given his biases he's kind of acting it out.

12 hours ago, Enigma777 said:

Maybe. Or maybe making quality distinctions is important.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@thenondualtankie

1 minute ago, thenondualtankie said:

Example of one of his biases? @Enigma777

@Leo Gura stated beforehand that he has a progressive/liberal bias, so when he sees people that are centrists/moderates, and right wing politics he has a bias difference to them. Although in the case of Donald Trump, he's antagonized him in his videos and here because he recognizes his talking and behaving similarly to scammers he dealt with in his past.

19 hours ago, Enigma777 said:

To try to be unbiased is just another bias.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

To try to be unbiased is just another bias.

It's another bias when the attempt to be and look unbiased is being validated?

12 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Maybe. Or maybe making quality distinctions is important.

The only quality distinction here is that lying is wrong and defamation is an actionable tort.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

8 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Carl-Richard

It's another bias when the attempt to be and look unbiased is being validated?

What does that mean?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 2023. 04. 19. at 5:07 AM, Enigma777 said:

You talk about humans and their petty games but you seem to like to participate in them.

Thats not really that big of a dunk. "you would like to live in the best society possible ?  dude you are just biased!"

Edited by zurew

@Jodistrict

On 19/4/2023 at 5:36 AM, Jodistrict said:

That’s why Fox settled.   It will now be quickly forgotten and the cash settlement really won’t hurt them in the long term.    

Won't hurt the short term either. Fox got 100% the best outcome for them.

Fox has $4 Billion in liquid assets convertible into cash in 48 hours. This is peanuts for an organization like this.

I'm not even talking about Murdoch's fortune, just Fox's cash which they saved over the years

4 hours ago, Tobia said:

@Jodistrict

Won't hurt the short term either. Fox got 100% the best outcome for them.

Fox has $4 Billion in liquid assets convertible into cash in 48 hours. This is peanuts for an organization like this.

I'm not even talking about Murdoch's fortune, just Fox's cash which they saved over the years

The issue for fox is reputational damage, but no one really takes them seriously that doesn't watch them anyway and for those that do watch them they're not covering the story themselves so unless the viewers are consuming different news  which I doubt, then I don't think they'd be affected. 

@Carl-Richard

5 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

What does that mean?

I'm asking, if a person appears unbiased for attention and views of looking unbiased, is another bias?