Hardkill

Jordan Peterson says that you should only have sex in committed relationships

20 posts in this topic

In his opinion, casual sex leads to unintended negative consequences.

Then again, I am not sure that is entirely true.

I wonder if he is speaking from his own political and religious biases.

Edited by Hardkill

Of course he's right. 

People need to have standards and they should not sleep around so easily, guys and girls included.

8 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I wonder if he is speaking from his own political and religious biases.

He always speaks from his political and religious biases.

It's not about commitment but mutual understanding. Even moreso than that its about respect and fun.

Read my writings about the intersection of metaphysics, politics and mysticism.

Ascetus.com/authors/jwayne

Dont listen to him on this subject he is not gamed up...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

And you should only eat vanilla ice cream.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Nabd lol, this argument always gets me. How would you even know? A girl might sleep with 100 guys and tell you that she slept with 1 and you would have no way of checking it. Not that it's any of your business anyway, I think.

Its all about energy... If you align with the other in many ways, especially spiritually/energetically, there will be minimal consequences. The women, being the 'receiving' side actually suffer much more than men do, especially the more energetically sensitive, empaths ect..

There are no rules, you do you, you'll figure it out, consciousness will reveal as you become more Aware and conscious.

As above so below, as within so without.

5 hours ago, Nabd said:

Although we might laugh it off, but most men still wont marry a girl who slept around much.

If true, then most men are wrong. As in particularly ignorant of facts of all sorts. Where would I even start… ? 

Jordon Peterson is super knowledgeable with psychology but he tends to project his own weird little spin on things, especially when giving lectures on Carl Jung stuff.  I'd take anything he says outside the realm of academic study of the mind with a grain of salt.

2 hours ago, Nabd said:

These facts should not be hidden. If you are a promiscuous guy/girl, why would you hide this from your partner? Doesn't make sense unless you are ashamed of yourself.

Agreed. But it’s understandable considering the amount of men who would have a problem with it — it may be for ignorant reasons but frankly women probably think that ignorance is unsalvageable. But yeah if everyone just bit the bullet and were just publically exactly who they are with no reservation… that might sound better; that could be better, or… it could be absolute chaos ? — I’m all for it, but many of these men who have a huge problem with that sort of thing are living in airy fairy land.

I get the feeling Jordan Peterson hasn't made much room in his life for promiscuity. He married his school sweetheart, started a family and became a workaholic to the extent that in the years when his testosterone was higher, he prioritised writing papers at his desk rather than... what would you say... seeking out new ink pots into which to dip his pen.

Since becoming a global celebrity, it seems inevitable that he's received sexual invitations and I imagine his flirting skills could be high. That's about as far as my imagination goes though.

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

You gotta test drive the car before you buy it.

hrhrhtewgfegege

This is why some of the most incredibly beautifully passionate women are brainwashed to keep their mouths shut and act grateful when their husbands giving them everything they physically want but aren’t meeting their emotional needs, which for many women can be rather insatiable relative to men. They keep themselves from being themselves from shame that this kind of ideal produces. A real mess entirely based on ignorance.

Sleep with enough girls and you’ll get fucked over eventually. Doesn’t even have to be the girl being malicious.

I would stay away from masculine girls with low pitched voices because they are often the ones who falsely accuse you. Pink hair and pink clothing is also a sign of a female supremacy mindset. 

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

On 15/4/2023 at 1:49 PM, Leo Gura said:

And you should only eat vanilla ice cream.

??

Black and white thinking.

The pendulum in society is moving so much towards casual sex that this looks that an overreaction (stage blue aproach).

People tend to think:

Casual sex = Superficial and meaningless

Sex in relationship = Profound and meaningful

Ofc is usually like that, but you can have deep profound experiences from one night stands or sex with fuckbuddies.

The problem is when you over do it. It can get meaningless quick, I agree with that, but is not black and white.

Also some people are wired for committed relationships, others not so much.

And one more thing. I feel Peterson can't accept the good things about ONS or fwb, because it wouldn't fit his life narrative.

Like the person who is having casual sex till his 40s would have a tough time accepting the good parts of having a long time relationship.

Is a way of protecting your identity and feeling good about your choices.

3 hours ago, koops said:

Also some people are wired for committed relationships, others not so much.

agree, I think we shouldn't put everyone in the same box and don't judge anyones choice be it a man or a woman.

softly into the Abyss...