zunnyman

Be Careful With Owen Cook

76 posts in this topic

I once went to a free seminar by RSD Sarah, and paid 300$ for the follow-up seminar, where she would give us 1-on-1 coaching on how to approach.

What a rip-off. The sales tactics she uses are abusive, and the advice she gave was toxic.

What she would basically do, is in the free seminar:

• Have volunteers come up on stage and role-play with her as the girl, and challenge them to "pick them up". Then ignore and diss them in front of everyone, so they get really triggered and shamed (it was a rigged game - she wasn't going to let anyone pass that test)
  • Then use that to make people think "wow I really have problems" and pitch her 300$ seminar.
  • Then be verbally abusive to anyone who dared to say they wouldn't join the 300$ seminar, and basically demean them in front of anyone ("Look at you, you're fat, you're not doing anything with your life, you're bald, you're not attractive, women don't respect you, you need this more than anyone" - and use the audience to apply peer pressure)
    I was so taken aback by this that I recorded her abuse on my phone

In the paid seminar:

• Practice showing emotions, but in a fake way. So she would have us take selfies with our faces making different expressions, like we took all of these selfies with our faces in these fake weird expressions
  • Do more role play with people and point out how emotionally dull and monotone they expressed themselves (that part was true)
  • She told me that she noticed a lot of anger from me when she practiced showing disinterest as a girl ( that was true )
  • But then I asked her: what do I do about this anger that is apparently repelling women according to her?
  • And her answer was, and I quote: "I dunno, just do some meditation or something."

That'll be 300$ thank you.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy Jesus! This Sarah definitely has some next-level sociopathic skills. 

Edited by LSD-Rumi

21 minutes ago, flowboy said:

• But then I asked her: what do I do about this anger that is apparently repelling women according to her?
  • And her answer was, and I quote: "I dunno, just do some meditation or something."

That'll be 300$ thank you.

Damn, that was bad.

I went to a Derek free tour a few years ago. Didn't like the guy, but I liked rsd, especially Tyler's old videos (2012-15), so why not go?

Holy shit, what an awful experience.

First we had to keep our phones out of the room.

I have no problem with that, nowadays people get distracted and can be better to not have your phone with you, but then I realized the main reason they do that is that you can't record and upload that shit show.

The free talk was around 1hour. NO-THING of value. Tyler rants are fine, I liked the old ones. But this... so bad. I remember nothing about it.

The he proceeded with a 2 hour pitch to a bootcamp. 

Old students in the audience start to talk about his transformations and how great it was.

He kept pitching aggressively and disrespectfully.

During this 2 hours people were signing in for it (I think it was 3000€ for 2-3 day bootcamp, mostly run by coaches).

More than 10 people sign in, so the coach-student ratio was not going to be very appealing and you won't be getting real value time with the main coach (Derek).

And in the end...

The new students, and all the previous students of him that were there get up on stage.

So there were like 40 people standing on stage, and like 7 of us still sitting. At that point I decide to just enjoy the shitshow. It became kind of funny lol

He told us to sit in the first row, and almost start to insult us haha

A couple guys started to justify themselves on why they were not taking the program.

After a few minutes talking down to us like we were 3rd class citizens and realizing he wasn't taking our money, he just 'let us go' with a high level of disrespect. Inside I was laughing.

I just was laughing inside. It was preposterous.

And the worst thing is 'who wants to be like that guy?'. Who wants to be coached but that guy?.

Watch some of his content on youtube.

If I were in a Julien or Max free tour, I could consider taking a hot seat, maybe even a bootcamp. They look cool, like guys you can emulate if you are young, at least in this seduction area; and friends of mine went to Max hotseat and say it was great, but this guy Derek... damn...

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@flowboy Jesus! This Sarah definitely has some next-level sociopathic skills. 

I'm pretty sure that's the RSD tactic. Make you feel really insecure and bad about yourself and then present their course as the solution.

Tyler does this same thing on his YT channel.

You don't need these people to get better at dating.

Edited by something_else

7 hours ago, flowboy said:

Have volunteers come up on stage and role-play with her as the girl, and challenge them to "pick them up". Then ignore and diss them in front of everyone, so they get really triggered and shamed (it was a rigged game - she wasn't going to let anyone pass that test)

Sounds utterly diabolical. Par for the course for RSD.

7 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@StarStruck  Dude, your defense of Andrew Tate is comical. I didn't even bear watching one video of his. Defending his work is like drinking piss while saying piss is 99% water

I don’t defend him. But keep going with this rudeness and judgementalism and perhaps by the year 2050 you will able to get a girl if the stars align in your favor. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

31 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

I don’t defend him.

Dude, 40% of your comments is you literally defending him xD

31 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

But keep going with this rudeness and judgementalism and perhaps by the year 2050 you will able to get a girl if the stars align in your favor. 

I thought being rude is essential to getting girls as Andrew Tates teaches :D

Beware, being so touchy and sensitive is a sign of weakness.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

2 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Dude, 40% of your comments is you literally defending him xD

If I'm studying anarchists, studying them, doesn't mean I defend anarchists. It just means I'm studying them. Cheer leading and studying are two different things.

I thought being rude is essential to getting girls as Andrew Tates teaches :D

No hard feelings. But if what you are doing is working for you, you should keep doing what you are doing.

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck I was just teasing you, no hard feelings. But I still do think (if my analysis based on your posts is true) that Tate is doing you more harm than good, but who knows? Maybe you are smart enough to find the needle in a pile of hay.

3 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@StarStruck I was just teasing you, no hard feelings. But I still do think (if my analysis based on your posts is true) that Tate is doing you more harm than good, but who knows? Maybe you are smart enough to find the needle in a pile of hay.

Time will tell but for now I’m more disciplined than ever, defeated all of my addictions, and I just picked up a 10 at the grocery store. There is still some personal stuff I have to fix but some stuff needs time. 

In Tate we trust

52 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

I don’t defend him. But keep going with this rudeness and judgementalism and perhaps by the year 2050 you will able to get a girl if the stars align in your favor. 

Will you boast about having sex with his mother next? Pointing out that you're overly invested in Tateism is just the general impression of people in this forum. Your defensiveness is telling a different story than your words.

Edited by Israfil

33 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

He's not the one who has to con girls into sleeping with him. 9_9

Owen has certainly manipulated girls into sleeping with him. Just not via sex trafficking.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 4/14/2023 at 6:00 PM, Leo Gura said:

He's always been a heavy-handed marketer and the RSD products have never been a great value since the HotSeat days.

Funny coincidence, Owen just released a 50% discount on his HotSeat program ending in 36 hours. Don't know if this has already been available before. I suppose if you want to support this guy and enjoy his best products ethically, now would be the time:

https://www.ourbestprogramever.com

Is this actually worth the deal? Is he pulling the Endless Motivation stunt again where you think it's for a limited time but he restarts the timer?

Edited by lostingenosmaze

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

8 minutes ago, lostingenosmaze said:

Is this actually worth the deal?

No.

8 minutes ago, lostingenosmaze said:

Is he pulling the Endless Motivation stunt again where you think it's for a limited time but he restarts the timer again?

Probably yes.

5 hours ago, lostingenosmaze said:

Owen just released a 50% discount on his HotSeat program ending in 36 hours.

Lol. It's been that way for years.

HotSeat is a good program. At least the live HotSeat. Not sure if the online version is the same.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 15/04/2023 at 7:33 AM, mmKay said:

What would you consider an ethical business model for a pickup coach? 

charge a justified price relative to the clients needs, situation and problems. You could have a system for inquiring about the client before suggesting your price to see what they can really afford. 

For poor or super young clients, Anywhere from $40 - $100 per hour for each client seems justified. 

And then, rice the price up for wealthier clients. 

If you're dealing with multi millionaire clients then you could charge the $400 per hour instead and it doesn't affect them. 

It's not high price tags that make me sick, but coaches clearly manipulating people who are actually poor and have like 5K or less in their bank account to go and pay 2K for coaching, there needs to be ethical responsibility for the type of client you're dealing with.

Self help industry in general does not take accountability for this problem. If you're young and poor then the 5K you have in your bank account can mean the world to you, be the difference between mental illness and being a bit optimistic, starting a business or buying that camera gear or doing that travelling you wanted to, it's the guys with 5K in their bank account that shouldn't even be allowed to buy certain self help products, there should be a physical barrier to them spending 1K as it's 20% of their net worth. 

Edited by Optimized Life

1 minute ago, Squeekytoy said:

That's it right there. The self help industry mostly helps itself. If you want to get rich quick, just write a book about how to get rich quick.

One born every minute.

Not entirely true though, there's many good self help content online with helpful advice. 

Maybe you just mean specifically the "Industry", but if my uncle sat me down and gave me a wisdom chat for 20 minutes or spoke about his experiences I would consider that "self help", and it would probably benefit my mind. 

On 15/4/2023 at 3:33 PM, mmKay said:

What would you consider an ethical business model for a pickup coach? 

@Leo Gura

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

It's a huge scam I would look if I could get the stuff for free and find wings that are non-toxic and just go out or just go out with friends and practice low-key. 

I bought the course, it's great, yet he does not have a database I would just get it somewhere for free Owen Cook is a huge scammer imo. He forces you basically to partake and leaves you alone. I would not buy any of this products again. I legit got scammed the first time online. Maybe live is fine, because you can go out. 

As far as I can tell all content is lost, as he takes down the wegpage? I was unable to join the stuff and it took me an endless effort to "honestly" get into any of the stuff. I would not feel guilty pirating some of his stuff, he deserves it sort of for the shameless grifting. 

I like him, yet I find his style of business is fundamentally that of an asshole. He could provide a database for the stuff, and pixel out all people, so you can see the stuff and raw game etc. So he does not hurt any privacy rights, I don't know ultimately in how much trouble you can get into with filming rights and privacy rights. Still it's a huge scam in a sense if I can't access the stuff 1 year later, and I have to rely on others having downloaded it and sharing it for free.

Would not buy a product from him that costs me more than 100€ live maybe is good, yet hotseat is a scam if you can't re-access it. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore