Beeflamb

Can you give a brief description of your career path so far?

14 posts in this topic

just out of curiosity I would like to hear some examples. So if you dont mind could you please share your career path so far, where you think it will go in the future, and your current financial situation. Any other details would be great too. I just find it easier to figure out my life when I get inspired by others

Currently a university student studying physics and mathematics. I want to go to grad school and get my Ph.D. but Idk if I will get in to one. Plan B is to become a machine learning engineer by building off of my current programming skills and using online resources to learn. Currently I live off of money from my parents and a couple part-time jobs. I'm pretty happy with my current trajectory. My advice is to follow something that you find interesting and challenging so you can be invested and grow into a better person.  You don't have to know what your life purpose is right now, but chances are you know the general direction of where you should go. Follow that direction and more ideas will come later on.

Age 19 onwards:

1.5 years university studied IT & marketing, then dropped out

6 years YouTube

1.5 years as a wine cellar hand and vineyard hand

I have studied five years plus in a university

Not doing anything particular in 3.5years +-

Thinking of working full time but has anxiety regarding this. 

Originally from Mexico City

Moved to Canada at 19 to pursue my dreams to study Aerospace Engineering. Realized it was not my thing AT ALL and finished my college degree. My focus these years was to get a solid foundation in a first world country so these years the focus has been finding my life's purpose and getting residency in Canada in the meantime. I'm in the application process so far.

Grew a lot from moving so young thousands of km away from my family. Definitively faced the real world. Fully financially independent since I was 21, I am proud of that since in Mexico is rare. I have an online business and I am in the process to scaling it up.

Financially I am doing ok. I have a goal to make 10k a month in the next couple of years through my online coaching business which will allow me to have the freedom to travel often which is a big passion of mine, as well as having more "freedom" of scheduling but also comes with other responsabilities. I am confident on my journey and have a healthy balance between enjoying the process, building through the karma and know later I will focus more deeply on consciousness work but building financial freedom first.

These 6 years I've focused on building the basics on personal development like healthy habits, good self-esteem, persistence, constant learning which now is paying off allowing me to focus on deeper work despite being young. 

Love life and the journey of ever constant evolving! Both the ups and downs, and also being devoted and passionate to the journey of awakening.

I tried a few routes to see and there I am pursuing a degree in ancient languages + philosophy.
Want to become a teacher of one or the other within 4 years.

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Name: Henrique

• Made a dropshipping business with 13y selling clothes.
  • Electronics Technician.
  • High Voltage Lineman.
  • Computer Science Degree (4 years in university).
  • Software Developer/Software Architect.
  • Experimenting with Generative AI’s/NFT’S.
  • Investing - Stocks.
  • Next: Youtube/ Online Business / Writing / Inventor / Polymath & Neo-Reinassance Man ?
Edited by CARDOZZO

It seems computer science / programmers are very common here on the forum :D

"It is from my open heart that I will mirror you, and reflect back to you all that you are:

As a being of love, of energy, 

of passion, and truth."

Born in Belarus moved to Belgium at 5 i'm 28 now

studied higher education 'finance & insurances'  quit last year after failing few subjects didn't felt like doing another year and waste my time and not making any money since i've been studying it for 5 year already and slacking and enjoying my student life a bit to much went also to erasmus for 6 months to Budapest Hungary.

After quitting started to work in a Pharmacy/medication production centre which is situated right in the city centre with over 100 employees. Covid also started but the one of they few things that had to keep running is our business. Worked at logistics and kinda created my own team. Learned much about leadership, people (since i've seen so many come and go), women (since 60-70% is women) and communicating/small talk/making friends. This year i decided to pick up my education again and i've been combining it with full time work from start. I graduate in august and thinking about going for a new challenge in a an insurance company as advisor or expert. It's still hard for me to make the decision to leave since my current job became pretty easy and it's close from home and also i got used to it. And i made so much nice memories, friends and experiences. I'll see what i'm gonna do when i graduate. Also feeling like to take a few months break to discover my passion and create some hobbies before going all in on a new job. Since i still have to work atleast 30 years. Kinda like in a grey area right now in which it's difficult to make a decision i won't regret.

From age of 0-36, on about three days a month (spread out), I’d have approximately $0 to my name, and net debt. (never mind borrowed sums of cash). I have lived paycheck to paycheck for my whole life with credit maxed out as I am able, and never really saved a paycheck. I remember refusing coffee meetings with classmates in university because I didn’t have $2 available to my name and I could not get $2 without begging.

Still, I made it through degrees in philosophy and theology, became a Preacher, an improvised explosive device screener; I completed degrees in law  and business; I worked as a parks and recreation laborer; a criminal lawyer, a hard manual laborer, a contract administrator, and finally, I work as a contracts manager. 

I write and negotiate contracts for infrastructure engineering (like portions of bridges or buildings)  

I’m 37. I still have like maybe $70,000 of debt (never mind my wife’s $20,000 credit card bill and she’s in school) but I might have $400 or $1000 sitting in my bank account after paying for housing, food, phones, debt interest, a new vacuum, this or that. So that’s progress. We do own almost half of our house and we have some money saved up for our kids’ university. Plan is to buy them each of our kids a degree and a good down payment on a house.

Edited by RobertZ

On 5/23/2023 at 7:33 PM, CARDOZZO said:

dropshipping business

How are you doing with the dropshipping business if you care to share?

@playdoh Oh, it’s been a long time.

I had to stop because I was too young in the time so I joined an electronics technician course. 

But in the time I was doing it, it was good and gave me some money to buy things, go to parties and travel around.

I was young at the time, spiritually undeveloped and without guidance.

On 5/26/2023 at 2:54 PM, CARDOZZO said:

@playdoh Oh, it’s been a long time.

I had to stop because I was too young in the time so I joined an electronics technician course. 

But in the time I was doing it, it was good and gave me some money to buy things, go to parties and travel around.

I was young at the time, spiritually undeveloped and without guidance.

Thanks for sharing