Paul5480

How certain are you of immortality?

58 posts in this topic

Life goes on without you.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

The mind exists prior to any appearances within it, and persists after the death of the physical body.

The mind contains every possible form and interrelationship. It contains every possible past, present, and future event. It is the entire multiverse.

After the death of the body, there is no longer a mechanism to limit consciousness for the selfish reason of survival, so like any other electromagnetic waves, the light of the mind, once molded by neurons, is free to expand in every direction at the speed of Light.

The "soul" is the center spiraling vortex of this conscious energy. Because the "center" of rotation is not an object in itself, like the eye of a hurricane, it does not die because it is already nothing. Like the eye of hurricane, there You are. Immortal, never even born.

In death, the mind is free to expand and increase in frequency, now able to imagine whatever wants without having to be tethered to the more dense physical vehicle within the physical constraints of this particular logos.

It is fair to say that heaven is exactly what your heart desires to be, even better than you can imagine now. Christians will tend to imagine themselves into Christian heaven, muslims into islamic heaven, etc etc. 

Edited by tuku747

Consciousness cannot die since it imagines death.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Paul5480 humans are not immortal  unless they are trained to couagulate a body that can survive deep pleep and the after death period. usually someone that can do this can rimember his past incarnations and therefore be considered "immortal".
Most poeple are so attached to material fenomena that they never develop this body, resulting in complete unconsciousness after death and obliteration.

Pure Cosciousness is a whole other matter. It's infinite and eternal. If it was a glass, the concept of death would be just a little stain on it.

90%. based on contemplation, psychedelics, astral projection, and nde's.

doubt still creeps in, sometimes. especially when engaging with materialists.

and sometimes I do go through periods of depression where I don't want to be immortal.

Edited by Oppositionless

@Leo Gura

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Consciousness cannot die since it imagines death.

That is a miracle.

33 minutes ago, Paul5480 said:

@Leo Gura

That is a miracle.

Exactly.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 4/15/2023 at 7:10 AM, M A J I said:

100%. Its not really possible to be any other way. Existence only has one quality, to Exist. Therefore, what exists is Eternal, always was and always will be.

Very good analysis. Never thought about it that way, but it makes sense. I read that like three times and couldn't negate it. 

Unconditional love is all there is. 

On 4/13/2023 at 6:49 PM, Paul5480 said:

Can anybody here say for absolute certainty that life goes on after the death of the body?

If you've died and become pure consciousness then yes the answer is the body is an illusion as is the self. Consciousness goes on forever.  You will forget you were in this form for another form. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 14/04/2023 at 4:16 AM, Enlightement said:

In a physical sense, no. 

soon though

softly into the Abyss...

We need to answer what dies.

The idea that you are a body dies. 

You as consciousness are eternal and ever present. ?

You will laugh so hard when you see what's going on. 

8 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

If you've died and become pure consciousness then yes the answer is the body is an illusion as is the self. Consciousness goes on forever.  You will forget you were in this form for another form. 

You mean "reincarnation"?

3 hours ago, Harsh Bagdia said:

We need to answer what dies.

The idea that you are a body dies. 

You as consciousness are eternal and ever present. ?

You will laugh so hard when you see what's going on. 

But it is a virgin and non-dual consciousness.
Schizophonia will disappear? I love play this character.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Leo Gura people keep saying oh the body dies but consciousness goes on. Well I think this actual body never dies. The exact one that I’m touching and feeling right now, THIS goes on forever. Is this true?

1 hour ago, blankisomeone said:

@Leo Gura people keep saying oh the body dies but consciousness goes on. Well I think this actual body never dies. The exact one that I’m touching and feeling right now, THIS goes on forever. Is this true?

Why should that be true?

And maybe change your profile picture.

Edited by Carl-Richard

37 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Why should that be true?

And maybe change your profile picture.

that should be true because from experience, I’ve never experienced the death of the body. Quite the contrary, everything points to its continuation. At night for example, Consciousness “re-imagines” it into existence in my “dreams”.  “ “ “ “ “ “ The fact that physical wounds heal is also indicative of continuation.

im almost convinced I can go into the woods right now, meditate myself to death, and then stand up and come back to talk with you in the forum... But hey this is just what I THINK is true, not sure sure. And I’m talking about MYSELF not anybody else

ps: will change it later, can’t do it on my phone right now

Edited by blankisomeone

59 minutes ago, blankisomeone said:

that should be true because from experience, I’ve never experienced the death of the body.

That's like saying "I'm incapable of having sex because I'm a virgin".

Quite the contrary, everything points to its continuation. At night for example, Consciousness “re-imagines” it into existence in my “dreams”.  “ “ “ “ “ “

Last night, I dreamt I was sitting in a heated military meeting next to Vladimir Putin on a navy blue sofa, inside a bunker located near the icy border of Kirkenes, discussing the imminent invasion of Norway. Surely, this must be reality, right? :D 

The fact that physical wounds heal is also indicative of continuation.

The fact that your body is capable of repairing itself for small amounts of physical damage within a relatively short time frame is not an indication that your body is immune to things like aging, illness or severe physical damage, which are the leading causes of death.

Edited by Carl-Richard

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Last night, I dreamt I was sitting in a heated military meeting next to Vladimir Putin on a navy blue sofa, inside a bunker located near the icy border of Kirkenes, discussing the imminent invasion of Norway. Surely, this must be reality, right? :D 

It was reality, when it was happening. You literally were in a military meeting with Vladimir Putin 

Edited by blankisomeone

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

The fact that your body is capable of repairing itself for small amounts of physical damage

Consciousness is able to create entire bodies from scratch! It’s not just small amounts of damage that it recreates 

1 minute ago, blankisomeone said:

It was reality, when it was happening

Ok, but are we talking about "when it was happening", or are we talking about something happening in the future?

3 minutes ago, blankisomeone said:

Consciousness is able to create entire bodies from scratch! It’s not just small amounts of damage that it recreates 

But if somebody created a new body from scratch, could it ever possibly be your body?

Edited by Carl-Richard