Scholar

Essential Distinction between Infinity and Totality

11 posts in this topic

There is an important distinction to be made between two different aspects of Existence that can seem similar or confused to be the same thing. Totality and Infinity.

Totality and Infinity are one of the most fundamental dualities that emerge.

Infinity cannot ever be completed, by it's very nature, it's very ontology. People conceptualize Infinity as a thing which has no end, but this is misguided. Infinity is not a thing which has no end, or which ever expands, rather the nature of Infinity, it's very ontology, is expansion. Infinity is not a very large, never ending thing. Infinity is the process of expansion. It is in essence that which gives rise to relativity, because the process of distinction between, for example, the lesser and the greater, is in essence the trajectory of expansion between the lesser and the greater.

With Infinity, you can always go "deeper", "more fundamental", "more essentail", "more truthful". This is why people like Leo so often think they reached Totality or Essence, when on the next trip they realize "oh my God, this is even deeper!".

There is no end to this, because that is the essence of Infinity. If there was an end to it, you would not be exploring and experiencing Infinity.

In contrast to that there is Totality. Totality has no depth to it. Totality is always complete, it cannot be expanded upon. It is not merely eternal, it is eternity itself. There is no more Truthful or Fundamental Totality, Totality is Total.

You can look at everything, in essence, as Totality or Infinity. Infinity is Relativity itself, and Totality is Absolute, Universal. The Infinite is an aspect of Totality.

If you cannot see Reality's Universal, Absolute and Eternal Essence, and you deem it is Absolutely Relative, that just means you have totally fallen for Infinity. :D

Glory to Israel

That’s a whole lot of words, my friend. 

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

Just now, Yimpa said:

That’s a whole lot of words, my friend. 

Those are just words.

Glory to Israel

Infinity and totality are attributes of imagination. Infinity is the limitless potential for imagination, and totality is the current expression of imagination. They are the ultimate dualities of the Void and the Cosmos within the dream.

The absolute is beyond infinity and totality. It is mysterious and attributeless.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

It's a field of causality. The qualities of any field is that it's unbounded and 100% contiguous with itself.

To know Infinity, you must define that Infinity as Unity (1), otherwise there is no referent or meaning.

In an Infinite Creation, there is only Unity.

This doesn't seem like a good distinction.

In a state of nothingness/cessation/turiya/pure consciousness, you are infinite and whole simultaneously.

Infinity can maintain the exact same qualia and not change at all, yet still be infinite.

Infinity is total, until an ego comes along and tries to separate it, as you are doing. 

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

9 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Infinity is total, until an ego comes along and tries to separate it, as you are doing. 

Man, this “ego” seems like a catch. Where can I find them? I’m lonely and been searching for a hot date.

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Man, this “ego” seems like a catch. Where can I find them? I’m lonely and been searching for a hot date.

I saw them in a mirror once. Pretty good-looking, if I do say so myself.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

So form vs formlessness.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

So form vs formlessness.

Form and formless are also dualities. The absolute is in them, but is also beyond them.

But beyond this formless state there is another, unmanifested reality, which is eternal and is not dissolved when the cosmos is destroyed.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

22 hours ago, Osaid said:

This doesn't seem like a good distinction.

In a state of nothingness/cessation/turiya/pure consciousness, you are infinite and whole simultaneously.

Infinity can maintain the exact same qualia and not change at all, yet still be infinite.

This is way too theoretical. You can twist all insights away with logic applied in the way you are doing here, trust me I am an expert at that.

Like I said, to you infinity is just a word. It truly is meaningless. When you talk about infinity, you mean "everything". But that concept collapses in on itself pretty quickly. Infinity as I speak of it is expansion. There is no "everything" to it, that really does not describe things well at all.

The problem here is not that I am separating things, which is by the way the only possible way of understanding, in fact it is the nature of understanding. No, the problem is that you have deluded yourself that what you are doing right not somehow escapes that process of egoic separation.

You are doing it as we speak, when you speak of Egoless Infinity vs Egoic Seperation, which is a duality. You cannot ever say or communicate, or thing, or do, or conceive, or image, anything whatsoever without relative duality, or the process of infinity as I described above.

Some nonsense is better suited for the human mind than other nonsense. That's just how it is, you can blame God for it.

You can deny the gravity as much as you want, and call it imagination, that will not change it's instantiation. Because the Divine doesn't give a damn about your nonsense. In the end you must submit to it.

Glory to Israel