Yimpa

Dalai Lama apologizes after video asking child to 'suck' his tongue sparks outcry

260 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Scholar said:

Pedophile derangement syndrome

Genius!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Honestly, the fact that the Dali Lama is supposed to be celibate raises red flags for me.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Honestly, the fact that the Dali Lama is supposed to be celibate raises red flags for me.

Celibacy if combined with proper spiritual path and meditation can be of tremendous boost. It helps to transend all the animal instincts of lust and anger and greed etc. And it makes the mind and spirit much more pure.

A celebacy without proper spiritual practice can indeed be dangerous and lead to various perversions.

If u wonder on which side dala lama falls i recommend u do more research in amount of sadhana and spiritual practice the guy has done. This forum all combined wouldn't even amount to 1% of his spiritual practice done

Edited by Salvijus

I'm not sure why he did that. I hope that he's not a pedophile because that would be quite upsetting because that means he has more victims that we don't know about. Children's safety, this is the only thing that I'm worried about. 

I really have no clue and no judgement, I want to believe that he was playful or that it was an innocent joke or a "Tibetan tradition", and even if it was the case, I wonder, couldn't he make another joke? A better joke? Why couldn't an intelligent and enlightened (?) person like the Dalai Lama himself, think about better ways to play with a child? 

And I try to put myself in the child's shoes, how would I have felt if I was a child and someone that I'm admiring and looking up to behaved in such a way with me? Would I have felt okay with that? Would I have felt comfortable? Personally, I wouldn't and I think that most children, and even adults, wouldn't. 

Let Love In

@Lila9

47 minutes ago, Lila9 said:

I'm not sure why he did that. I hope that he's not a pedophile because that would be quite upsetting because that means he has more victims that we don't know about. Children's safety, this is the only thing that I'm worried about. 

I really have no clue and no judgement, I want to believe that he was playful or that it was an innocent joke or a "Tibetan tradition", and even if it was the case, I wonder, couldn't he make another joke? A better joke? Why couldn't an intelligent and enlightened (?) person like the Dalai Lama himself, think about better ways to play with a child? 

And I try to put myself in the child's shoes, how would I have felt if I was a child and someone that I'm admiring and looking up to behaved in such a way with me? Would I have felt okay with that? Would I have felt comfortable? Personally, I wouldn't and I think that most children, and even adults, wouldn't. 

I can assure you, it's all a joke, a sadly badly framed joke. There's little evidence to support these allegations that he's a sexual predator though. Also, don't believe the media too soon, until there's enough footage or an proper criminal investigation. I do think he was playful. 

@Salvijus

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Celibacy if combined with proper spiritual path and meditation can be of tremendous boost. It helps to transend all the animal instincts of lust and anger and greed etc. And it makes the mind and spirit much more pure.

A celebacy without proper spiritual practice can indeed be dangerous and lead to various perversions.

If u wonder on which side dala lama falls i recommend u do more research in amount of sadhana and spiritual practice the guy has done. This forum all combined wouldn't even amount to 1% of his spiritual practice done

True, although celibacy is already gonna be pretty hard for average people, modern western and eastern, and if badly practiced is just more suppression of parts of the ego that is sexual.

Apparently the Dalai Lama is spiritually gifted, with a few supernatural powers himself. Saved part of Tibet by conjuring a blizzard to impede Chinese soldiers from entering the temples.

@Thought Art

4 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Come on man! Celibacy doesn't imply strong correlation to being perverted. Yes it's hard for the average person, but I do think if done properly it's possible to transcend sexual desires.

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

And it makes the mind and spirit much more pure.

Yes, because animals are not pure. Evil animals. Evil :P

Let me not start with the plants! They are even lesser than then animals.

Somehow the thing that distinguishes us from other existence on this planet is also the gold standard that makes us pure. I smell bias.

13 hours ago, Salvijus said:

?

impressive imagination skills

But why would u even believe such a randomly created out of nowhere narrative... you might as well sayed, they're all payed actors.

9 hours ago, lostingenosmaze said:

Oh the ironing

You think they let Dalai Lama do whatever he wanted when he was a child and already chosen? You don't think he got special treatment during his upbringing?

What is wrong with you guys?

6 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Lila9

I can assure you, it's all a joke, a sadly badly framed joke. There's little evidence to support these allegations that he's a sexual predator though. Also, don't believe the media too soon, until there's enough footage or an proper criminal investigation. I do think he was playful. 

I agree there is little evidence (i.e. a single ambiguous isolated incident) to support he is a sexual predator.

This video is not definitive either way.

Although I agree with the internet outrage on the basis of defending victims of abuse. Even if it was not intended, the Dalai Lama's actions come far too close.

I consider this was an inappropriate act, and I also consider the possibility of repressed sexuality. 

He was right to issue an apology. He would be wise to issue a further statement. Not to self-deprecate himself or to appease the media, but to address the genuine and legitimate concerns that have been raised about pedophilia and sexual predation.

Edited by Jwayne

We wrote a book!

Ascetus.com/authors/jwayne

6 hours ago, universe said:

Yes, because animals are not pure. Evil animals. Evil :P

it's like you weren't even trying to understand what i meant. 

When i say transending animal nature inside makes a person much more pure it means that when a being is not ruled by lust, possesiveness, anger, barking, bickering, compulsiveness etc. In that sense when a being is no longer ruled  by these energies he begins to function from higher energy, from the energy of love and compassion and inclusiveness. In that sense it's a more pure state.

Pls try to invest at least a pinky of effort to understand such a simple thing.

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

You think they let Dalai Lama do whatever he wanted when he was a child and already chosen? You don't think he got special treatment during his upbringing?

What is wrong with you guys?

You too. Are trying so hard to distort everything i say so hard. Im not questioning that he was chosen and had special treatment. Im saying your narrative that he was there spending all his time trying to become as fake as possible is ridiculous. How plausable is that? How hard is it to consider that he actually spent all his time doing legit spiritual practices that purify the mind and body and that he actually became a saintly person?

I was watching a video yesterday of him sharing how at age 15 or smth he was doing tremendous sadhana. Living in a dark room, walking up at 3am and meditating with his guru who was chanting prayers etc. Like that for who knows how many decades. Doing such intense sadhana since age 15 any demon would become a saint.

Edited by Salvijus

Saved part of Tibet by conjuring a blizzard to impede Chinese soldiers from entering the temples.

? interesting

@Salvijus

Apparently the Dalai Lama is spiritually gifted, with a few supernatural powers himself. Saved part of Tibet by conjuring a blizzard to impede Chinese soldiers from entering the temples.

Where's all that magic been since then?

Is it like a video game where has 100 magicka points and then needs to re-charge?

Or like a Hollywood movie where he exhausts his vitality and then needs to rest for a while (i.e. 70 years)?

We wrote a book!

10 minutes ago, Jwayne said:

Where's all that magic been since then?

If it was in front of your nose you'd still miss it if you're not ready for it.

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

If it was in front of your nose you'd still miss it if you're not ready for it.

Here comes his supernatural tongue magic 'right in front of your nose'.

We wrote a book!

27 minutes ago, Jwayne said:

Here comes his supernatural tongue magic 'right in front of your nose'.

?

That was neither clever, nor funny, nor anywhere near the right context of what we were discussing. Your insistence of holding a grudge and being grumpy is just embarrassing at this point ? sorry 

Edited by Salvijus

9 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

?

That was neither clever, nor funny, nor anywhere near the right context of what we were discussing. Your grudge and grumpyness is just embarrassing at this point ? sorry 

There's no grounds that he has 'supernatural powers'.

We wrote a book!

24 minutes ago, Jwayne said:

There's no grounds that he has 'supernatural powers'.

Debatable. There's tons we don't know about him. His humbleness and non arrogance can be super deceptive to his actual attainments. 

And i wasn't trying to say he has super powers to begin with. I was saying in general people tend to miss magical things right before their eyes when they're not ready for it. This applies to many aspects of life. 

When i tell people for example that acim is written by Jesus and u should give it a try. Watching this info go completely by not landing anywhere is radiculitis in its finest form. There are things people are simply not ready to see even if u shove it in their face.

So what i meant is even if dalai lama had supernatural abilities. Only very evolved beings would be able to tell his actual capablities. Common people are too blind.

Edited by Salvijus

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Debatable. There's tons we don't know about him. His humbleness and non arrogance can be super deceptive to his actual attainments. 

And i wasn't trying to say he has super powers to begin with. I was saying in general people tend to miss magical things right before their eyes when they're not ready for it. This applies to many aspects of life. 

When i tell people for example that acim is written by Jesus and u should give it a try. Watching this info go completely by not landing anywhere is radiculitis in its finest form. There are things people are simply not ready to see even if u shove it in their face.

So what i meant is even if dalai lama had supernatural abilities. Only very evolved beings would be able to tell his actual capablities. Common people are too blind.

The original argument was that Dalai Lama used supernatural powers to create a snowstorm. Which is very obvious and apparent even to the 'unevolved'.

Now you are shifting to saying the 'supernatural' powers are ethereal/only perceptible to 'evolved' beings.

Which implies you are yourself such an 'evolved being', or that you are a mutant like Professor Xavier who can see the 'supernatural powers' of others.

In either case, maybe you should work for an intelligence agency like the CIA (as the Dalai Lama did) because they are very interested in such paranormal abilities.

Or, you are trusting another authority on the matter of Dalai Lama having 'paranormal powers'. Because I don't believe he has ever claimed it for himself.

So upon what basis do you claim knowledge of Dalai Lama's 'supernatural powers'?

Edited by Jwayne

We wrote a book!

Those who you see on the big screens are far from anyone you should follow or look up to. I see through all of them, the greatest spiritual masters you will very rarely find online or on the big screens. Most of them are paid actors to 'distort' spirituality. Whoever is big on the screens is 'sold out'. Sadguru promoting vaccines goes against the true nature of yoga.

He clearly sold his soul to the dark side of the higher mind. A true yogi would never take that path but embody his/her master and harmony with the inner-nature. Goes against the fundamental alchemy of yoga.

Edited by M A J I

As above so below, as within so without.