Alfonsoo

Is tattoo ink toxic (heavy metals)?

5 posts in this topic

Is it a considerable source of heavy metals to beware of? Would you advice against getting a tattoo?

A well done tattoo in the right level of the dermis is not toxic because the white blood cells enclose the ink forever.

What is toxic is scalp micro pigmentation or a superficial tattoo, in these cases the ink goes to your lymph.

@Shawn Philips

4 hours ago, Shawn Philips said:

A well done tattoo in the right level of the dermis is not toxic because the white blood cells enclose the ink forever.

How can I make sure it’s done properly?

4 hours ago, Shawn Philips said:

in these cases the ink goes to your lymph.

Would it be terribly worse than eating salmon once in a while (for example)?

also, what about different colors. I remember back in the day very vibrant colors where considered to be worryingly abundant in lead, amongst other things. And would chelation some how “free up” the ink and make it worse?

Edited by Alfonsoo

On 10/4/2023 at 7:04 AM, Alfonsoo said:

@Shawn Philips

How can I make sure it’s done properly?

Would it be terribly worse than eating salmon once in a while (for example)?

also, what about different colors. I remember back in the day very vibrant colors where considered to be worryingly abundant in lead, amongst other things. And would chelation some how “free up” the ink and make it worse?

Sorry for late answering.

I've read cases where guys develop cancer because the lymph nodes of the guy were full of ink. Only in scalp tattoos or near to the neck and only when the ink stays in the epidermis.

A professional tattoo artist with a large experience and portfolio knows how deep has to go to reach the dermis, this is totally safe.

@Shawn Philips So the problem usually is when it doesn’t reach deep enough? (past the epidermis and into the dermis would be the right way)