Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
talktomeaboutprog

How/do psychedelics help with motivation on the spiritual path?

5 posts in this topic

I do spiritual practices regularly and in schedule for last few years.

3x per day meditation, and throughout the day I try to listen to different teachings on YouTube including Leo's and a couple other teachers that resonate. 

I've had moderate motivation to find the happiness within, but I know people, for example like Leo or my (real) yoga teacher, who are moving forward very powerfully with unbending intention to grow. 

I'm curious if tripping helps increase motivation or decision to grow. 

I feel the answer is yes, since any introspection work usually helps you dial the vector back inside, but would love to hear real stories from others.

To me is the only way lately that i can be motivated to pursue spirituality. 

My guess is that most people don't care about spirituality because they never had any mystical experiences to wake them out of their limited material reality.

Yes, psychedelics will motivate you as it's the only way to experience spirituality at its highest form. Otherwise, you will be limited to breathing and making your mind still. You can still have mystical experiences but you will be wasting time and effort. Plus, those mystical experiences will not be as profound when on psychedelics. Meditation and yoga are weak spiritual practices compared to psychedelics. If you combine psychedelics with your current spiritual practices, you will be super human. 

17 hours ago, talktomeaboutprog said:

@Recursoinominado but I assume you do work outside of psychedelics too?

But the trips "fuel the fire" for that desire to know more, correct?

Right now, i don't, as i am going through some serious Ego Backlash plus i have urgent pragmatical matters to attend (like making money).

But psychedelics opened me up pretty good and made me super sensitive to spirituality even though initially i was an atheist lol

Today, i basically "lost" most of that sober sensitivity which is somewhat what i wanted since i was ungrouded as fuck, but i still use small amounts of psychedelics (mostly weed) in order to reconnect with spirituality. 

Without them, i would be just another autistic numb atheist.

Too much, i turn into a hippie lol