Javfly33

I can't get myself to put any work hours, its seems pointless

12 posts in this topic

I work on software dev and lately I do the absolute neccesary to just not get fired.

Before I was like all excited to become very good on the field, try to increase the salary every x time, etc... but honestly it all seem pointless, why learn anything else since CHATGPT does everything to you. Also my country sucks it pays a cashier of a supermarket almos the same as a junior dev LoL. Fucking Spain.

Why memorise anything? It's absolutely nonsensical. 

Also let's just not talk about the fact that most projects of software development are absolutely nonsensical, all to try to make money but 0 conscious goals. If at least the job would entail helping to a good cause that its worth it, then it would be more easy to do more than the minimal.

Anyone just fucking bored with this kind of jobs?

Edited by Javfly33

Im in the same situation, like you said i think your options are start a business or find a company working on something more meaningful. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

5 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Also let's just not talk about the fact that most projects of software development are absolutely nonsensical, all to try to make money but 0 conscious goals. If at least the job would entail helping to a good cause that its worth it, then it would be more easy to do more than the minimal.

lol yep. I did a coding bootcamp awhile back and this turned me away from the industry altogether. it can be sorta fun just doing it for its own sake but any "organizations" around it tends to ruin that due to survival. but I get that it can still be a good survival option for some. I think ideally it's best if you have something to work on for yourself (or a very small dedicated team) that you can also make money from.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Your attitude is atrocious.

Watch this:

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Why did you assume that you should be paid more than a cashier?

22 hours ago, integral said:

20 hours ago, puporing said:

lol yep. I did a coding bootcamp awhile back and this turned me away from the industry altogether. it can be sorta fun just doing it for its own sake but any "organizations" around it tends to ruin that due to survival. but I get that it can still be a good survival option for some. I think ideally it's best if you have something to work on for yourself (or a very small dedicated team) that you can also make money from.

Yeah, let's not even talk about the 100th startup that its about a super new cool tool for blockchain or whatever last gen nerdy stuff that nobody cares about but somehow it makes me money so it becomes super important

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Your attitude is atrocious.

Watch this:

but Leo

3 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Javfly33 Go do something else. If life doesn't go your way, take another.

Yeah, I guess, probably going to start soon a business on my own, and until that becomes profitable ill try to enjoy the my current career the best I can

49 minutes ago, T_i_m said:

Why did you assume that you should be paid more than a cashier?

Because in most first world countries they are paid more than a cashier

But I guess my country its not first world lmao

I had a similar problem. Read Jordan Peterson´s books: his book maps of meaning answers your problem. You miss meaning in your life. That is the real issue. You can shuffle shit and still have meaning and happiness in your life. It is not something external but rather internal. Also becoming the best shit shuffler won't give you meaning: that is just ego.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

I think you should focus on increasing the level of mastery, and then you'll be able to choose the better organization. Don't expect perfect job from a junior position. If you plan making business in software field you need a strong expertise as a basement for it to succeed.

On 03/04/2023 at 11:59 AM, Javfly33 said:

Also my country sucks it pays a cashier of a supermarket almos the same as a junior dev LoL. Fucking Spain.

That might be the same elsewhere but think of the long term possibilities. A cashier is unlikley to be promoted and change her income over lifetime. Junior dev can be promoted to more senior roles and exponentially have their salary increased over time. I don't know the first thing about IT development but I'm sure with more seniority the amount of stuff Chat GPT can do as well as human diminishes. It is good at the basic tasks but it has no mastery in anything, it is just an information platform. 

Turn yourself into an expert in the field and you will attract better opportunities. There is, of course, always the possibility that this is not the right thing for you and that you should be pursuing a different area of expertise altogether. 

If you hate Spain, why not try living elsewhere? Germany, UK, Austria, US - all offer plenty of opportunities to young people with ambitions. Moving countries is the easiest it's ever been and with EU Passport the Europe at least is your playground. 

UK (post Brexit) & USA will be a bit more difficult but you could get invited and transferred over by a company (if you ar good enough). If you are young, flexible and (I assume) unmarried without kids, then this is the perfect time to do it. You can always come back to Spain in 5-10 years with a pack of new experience - worked well for me and many others who did the same. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 4/3/2023 at 6:59 AM, Javfly33 said:

I work on software dev and lately I do the absolute neccesary to just not get fired.

Before I was like all excited to become very good on the field, try to increase the salary every x time, etc... but honestly it all seem pointless, why learn anything else since CHATGPT does everything to you. Also my country sucks it pays a cashier of a supermarket almos the same as a junior dev LoL. Fucking Spain.

Why memorise anything? It's absolutely nonsensical. 

Anyone just fucking bored with this kind of jobs?

"do the necessary to not get fired" ~ Its called Game Theory, I recall from source however long ago along the lines that "Aim to be the top 30%, thats high enough to not get fired and be on the good side while not try-harding". But yeah, you're attitude sucks. 

Here is a challenge (speaking as a self-learning Software Engineer): A beauty about software is that the limits are nearly fucking limitless, you say "most projects are nonsensical"....well ok......do you have a better idea? If you do, then you can literally get to work IMMEDIATELY from ANYWHERE as long as you don't have a computer. If you don't have a better idea....well then you found what you should be doing rather than venting a forum. Good luck bud ;D