Hardkill

Trump has finally been indicted!

22 posts in this topic

This is a positive event. Presidents shouldn't be able to do unlimited illegal acts and not be held accountable.

I predict a 2nd indictment from Georgia later this year.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I wonder how much this will affect his chances of becoming the Republican nominee for president in 2024.

@Pure Imagination

5 minutes ago, Pure Imagination said:

This is a positive event. Presidents shouldn't be able to do unlimited illegal acts and not be held accountable.

Yes, this will be shaping the future a bit brighter. Now we're just waiting on higher taxes for billionaires.

12 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Pure Imagination

Yes, this will be shaping the future a bit brighter. Now we're just waiting on higher taxes for billionaires.

We might very well need nationwide militant labor strikes that will be able to effectively pressure Congress and the Presidency to pass laws that will raise taxes on the rich and corporations back to what they were during the 1950s to 1960s. Those were the golden post WWII decades of egalitarian growth for all people of all classes in America.

Edited by Hardkill

41 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I wonder how much this will affect his chances of becoming the Republican nominee for president in 2024.

Chances of becoming president are 0.000000000001%

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

3 hours ago, Hardkill said:

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Chances of becoming president are 0.000000000001%

Painfully I think he will get away without anything, and his base will rally even harder.  The best thing the democrats can do is find someone like Obama or even 50% but they can't seem to find anyone, so they have to resort to attacking Trump.  The DNC is paying hard for their mistake of sabotaging Bernie Sanders.  

Tale out you pocorn peeps because 2023's most anticipated drama is about to go begin! ?

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

12 hours ago, Tanz said:

Painfully I think he will get away without anything, and his base will rally even harder.  The best thing the democrats can do is find someone like Obama or even 50% but they can't seem to find anyone, so they have to resort to attacking Trump.  The DNC is paying hard for their mistake of sabotaging Bernie Sanders.  

The DNC did not rig primaries in 2016 or 2020. The notion that the DNC did so is a conspiracy theory.

Edited by Hardkill

@LoneWonderer

11 hours ago, LoneWonderer said:

Tale out you pocorn peeps because 2023's most anticipated drama is about to go begin! ?

Why are you gloating about a president about to be indicted?

37 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@LoneWonderer

Why are you gloating about a president about to be indicted?

Seeing that there's at least an attempt to uphold the Rule of Law for someone who's spent a lifetime using his wealth and influence to shield himself from accountability for crimes that you or I would have certainly gone to prison for is worth celebrating, imho.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@DocWatts

1 hour ago, DocWatts said:

Seeing that there's at least an attempt to uphold the Rule of Law for someone who's spent a lifetime using his wealth and influence to shield himself from accountability for crimes that you or I would have certainly gone to prison for is worth celebrating, imho.

How do we know that, in celebrating a human being's downfall, that that is in and of itself evil, that that evil is what makes us just as evil as the evil person we are gloating about?

This is just like this thought experiment. I killed 1 person in a room of ten murderers. How many murderers remain? 10 still, because by my act of killing one murderer I also become a murderer too, therefore replacing the killed murderer with myself as the new murderer. So, when I am gloating of a human being's downfall, I also become the person I'm gloating by me gloating and denying and disowning the ego self that has that person's quality and state.

Also, gloating is taking pleasure in a person's downfall, fetishizing and making possible developing sadism within the gloating person, so there's that! If it's not from a deep root of jealousy and envy, it's pleasure from a person's suffering or even pleasure from my own suffering. These states do not scale up well to the collective level, when it's not just one person gloating but more and more join in on gloating, therefore adding more justification and reasonability to keep on hating, demonizing and kicking other people down.

35 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@DocWatts

How do we know that, in celebrating a human being's downfall, that that is in and of itself evil, that that evil is what makes us just as evil as the evil person we are gloating about?

This is just like this thought experiment. I killed 1 person in a room of ten murderers. How many murderers remain? 10 still, because by my act of killing one murderer I also become a murderer too, therefore replacing the killed murderer with myself as the new murderer. So, when I am gloating of a human being's downfall, I also become the person I'm gloating by me gloating and denying and disowning the ego self that has that person's quality and state.

Also, gloating is taking pleasure in a person's downfall, fetishizing and making possible developing sadism within the gloating person, so there's that! If it's not from a deep root of jealousy and envy, it's pleasure from a person's suffering or even pleasure from my own suffering. These states do not scale up well to the collective level, when it's not just one person gloating but more and more join in on gloating, therefore adding more justification and reasonability to keep on hating, demonizing and kicking other people down.

The difference here is the difference between justice (which aims to be restorative) and revenge (which is motivated by resentment, and is a form of devilry).

If the story of the hour was that instead of a criminal indictment Trump had come down with a terminal illness, then yeah, there would be nothing just or restorative about that (both saints and sinners get cancer).

But someone who's spent a life time taking for granted that he has a free licence to cause real harm to people may finally have to face some actual consequences for his behavior, and that furthermore this is being carried out on the principal that no one is supposed to be above the Law, then yeah, celebrating this small victory is perfectly appropriate.

Healing requires justice, and because the rich and powerful so routinely are able to insulate themselves from accountability for bad actions, this has been an area where it's usually taken for granted that justice is not going to be carried out. 

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/