Epikur

UN Spokesman Humiliated With One Simple Question | The Kyle Kulinski

11 posts in this topic

@Epikur

3 hours ago, Epikur said:

Clearly this isn't a real answer, or maybe it's deep fake and edited. The real answer to the question of whether America's military occupation of Syria is illegal or not, is 'yes, technically it's conditional illegal occupation, as a geopolitical and geo power play towards China and Russia, as well as a part to fight against terrorism'. Or, the more spicier answer would be this:

Edited by Danioover9000

@Epikur  Oh man, an even more savage bad faith answer would be, assuming the UN spokesperson is the USA representative here, would be, if the interviewer pushes this line of questioning: "Because Syria holds geopolitical power and resources such as more oil deposits and minerals, such that if the USA did not occupy parts of Syria, that would leave other countries such as China and Russia opportunity to occupy Syria first with their military. And even Iraq. So, Reporter, would you rather have Russia or China, Authoritarian regimes and with little humanitarian laws, occupy Syria or even Iraq instead of the USA, a 1st world democracy, and more developed country that upholds liberal values more so compared to Russia/China?".

I would probably still be fired or reprimanded by my seniors in the UN whether I stumble my responses, or pushed back aggressively, but I'd at least won't go down without fighting and lashing back at the reporter for asking a question and attacking me like that.

6 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Epikur  Oh man, an even more savage bad faith answer would be, assuming the UN spokesperson is the USA representative here, would be, if the interviewer pushes this line of questioning: "Because Syria holds geopolitical power and resources such as more oil deposits and minerals, such that if the USA did not occupy parts of Syria, that would leave other countries such as China and Russia opportunity to occupy Syria first with their military. And even Iraq. So, Reporter, would you rather have Russia or China, Authoritarian regimes and with little humanitarian laws, occupy Syria or even Iraq instead of the USA, a 1st world democracy, and more developed country that upholds liberal values more so compared to Russia/China?".

I would probably still be fired or reprimanded by my seniors in the UN whether I stumble my responses, or pushed back aggressively, but I'd at least won't go down without fighting and lashing back at the reporter for asking a question and attacking me like that.

It is not about winning the 'debate'. It is about how US looks like for some other countries.

Edited by Epikur

The US should be honest and say to everyone that its interest is economic and political hegemony. I get sick when people criticize Russia for the Ukraine invasion and ignore that for almost 80 years, the US has been manipulating economics and politics, invading countries, funding coups and dictatorships, and funding the terrorists that they later claim should be combated. 

To the rest of the global community, the US is not better than Russia and China in terms of violence or influence. The communists have an agenda, but the US has one too. It is biased and foolish to think that Russia is bad, the US is good, and vice versa. Our global politics hasn't gone beyond the stage red of trying to kill the other tribe and the paranoid state of seeing everyone as an enemy. The US interest is not the global interest. 

Look what french media reported in 2018 :D

"If the court (ICC) comes after us, Israel or other US allies, we will not sit quietly. 

We will ban its judges and prosecutors from entering the United States. We will sanction their funds in the US financial system, and we will prosecute them in the US criminal system," -John Bolton

Now... ARREST PUTIN!!! YEAH

Screenshot_20230331_155501_Chrome.jpg

@Israfil

1 hour ago, Israfil said:

The US should be honest and say to everyone that its interest is economic and political hegemony. I get sick when people criticize Russia for the Ukraine invasion and ignore that for almost 80 years, the US has been manipulating economics and politics, invading countries, funding coups and dictatorships, and funding the terrorists that they later claim should be combated. 

To the rest of the global community, the US is not better than Russia and China in terms of violence or influence. The communists have an agenda, but the US has one too. It is biased and foolish to think that Russia is bad, the US is good, and vice versa. Our global politics hasn't gone beyond the stage red of trying to kill the other tribe and the paranoid state of seeing everyone as an enemy. The US interest is not the global interest. 

Why is the USA no better than Russia or China? Aren't Americans more friendlier and nicer than the Russians or the Chinese?

How is the USA's global politics, economy and agenda stage red??? If true, then what, Russia's or China's global politics, geopolitical and economic agendas above stage red?

Why should the USA be honest with it's economic and political hegemony? And is the USA the only country manipulating economics, politics, funding coups and dictators?

The United States is part of the UN’s security counsel. One of their duties is to do peacekeeping operations. Russia is also a member of the security counsel but the war in Ukraine is not a peacekeeping operation.

@John Paul

4 minutes ago, John Paul said:

The United States is part of the UN’s security counsel. One of their duties is to do peacekeeping operations. Russia is also a member of the security counsel but the war in Ukraine is not a peacekeeping operation.

So, does this make Kyle Kolinski's take of the reporter humiliating the UN speaker invalid, because the reporter is out of line with asking those questions and shifting blame onto the speaker and the USA?

7 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@John Paul

So, does this make Kyle Kolinski's take of the reporter humiliating the UN speaker invalid, because the reporter is out of line with asking those questions and shifting blame onto the speaker and the USA?

I mean comparing Syria to Ukraine is obviously a cheap shot. He asks “what is the difference?” Look at the footage of Bakhmut and everything else lol. It’s silly to me. It’s “the left”

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Israfil

Why is the USA no better than Russia or China? Aren't Americans more friendlier and nicer than the Russians or the Chinese?

How is the USA's global politics, economy and agenda stage red??? If true, then what, Russia's or China's global politics, geopolitical and economic agendas above stage red?

Why should the USA be honest with it's economic and political hegemony? And is the USA the only country manipulating economics, politics, funding coups and dictators?

Why you're so focused on China and Russia when you live in the most influential country in the whole world? I don't love China or Russia, what I'm pointing out is that if you put it on paper, the US has done way more damage to foreign countries than Russia and China. But don't say it's for democracy or whatever, when all the US wants is cheap oil and food. Half of the world became a US colony, and I'm not going to sugarcoat it just because Putin or Xi Jinping are also scumbags.

Answering your questions, yes, China and Russia are also stage red, but the biggest dog in the park is the US, so I'm focusing on who can do more harm with a single bite. As with the honesty question, it is extremely insulting to many people that lived or are currently living under US-backed dictatorships to hear that America is "the land of the free" or that it enforces "democracy" in the world. 

It's easy to be offended by criticism of your national identity when you never studied about or went to countries that were heavily affected by the foreign policies that gave you the economic and political power you currently enjoy. I recommend you honestly put yourself in the position of people that had their autonomy and sovereignty denied by a country that has a set of values for itself but cannot withstand when other countries use that same set of values to act in a way that they do not approve.