Illusory Self

Thoughts on non-dual teachers?

60 posts in this topic

Listening to nondual teachers is great to listen to in bed as you’re falling asleep.

They tell great bedtime stories :P

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

10 hours ago, Squeekytoy said:

That's because you never took the First Step. And you will never "understand" what it is.

I'm fully conscious of what TRUTH is.

But there's so much more to GOD than that.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Big difference, one is an introduction to spirituality that has reached millions, he explains the ego mind very well, the other is Neo advaita fake

I literally can't tell which one is which in your description. Lol

Edited by Leo Gura

@Squeekytoy Just so you are clear, McKenna is not God-Realized. Don't kid yourself. You should be too intelligent to fall for such games.

You are intelligent enough to Awaken, but not if you let you subscribe to such ideas.

Edited by Leo Gura

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I literally can't tell which one is which in your description. Lol

For me one is authentic, the other a seducer. but when there are many millions at stake, it is very difficult to know for sure

@Breakingthewall

Allow me to save you some time. Neither one is teaching you God-Realization.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

@Breakingthewall

Allow me to save you some time. Neither one is teaching you God-Realization.

Yes man, i know that. But Tolle doesn't pretend teach anyone nothing about god, just to minimize suffering. Just an introduction, he doesn't claim to be god realized, just that's he's  living in the now ,that's the reality, aka god, btw. But yes , i know that it's just an introductory, maybe superficial, approach. 

In my opinion, nobody can teach god realization to anyone without 5 meo. 5 meo is the main teacher, but your orientation is very welcome too. Even necessary if you want. 

I know people get a lot of value out of Tolle's work. I got no issue with that. If he helps you feel better, good. Learn from whoever you can.

Edited by Leo Gura

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I know people get a lot of value out of Tolle's work. I got no issue with that. If he helps you feel better, good. Learn from whoever you can.

The good thing about realizing Tolle's  insights is that it is possible to walk around in it close to 24/7. Freedom from most negative states of mind is no small thing.

It's possible to lock it in with microdosing very quickly.

And it doesn't distract from deeper psychedelic explorations.

Edited by Michal__

I only listen to DMT 99.99% of the time. 

Jed Mckenna and Adya

I consider these to be fully truth realized. Although I am aware that I have no way of knowing since I‘m not realized myself. However, if I was to bet, I would choose these. Maybe in a few years I‘ll come back to this and laugh at how foolish I was. Or I‘ll be amazed at how I intuitively got it right. 

Either way, I think the point is that it doesn‘t matter what anyone else is or isn‘t. All that matters is that “I“ get there. A teacher can take many forms, and ultimately all teachers have to be transcended anyway. Take what‘s valuable and throw away the rest.

I will be eternally grateful to Eckhart Tolle, as he was my first. He kindled the flame inside me. But now I haven‘t touched his book in years. Same with others. Jed Mckenna turned my world upside down. Reading Damndest was like a continual slap in the face. It sobered me out of a lot of silly things, and especially the belief that the answer is somewhere out there. But now it‘s just words on a page to me.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I

You are so condescending ?. What i meant it's not about Tolle helps me or not to feel better. It's about Tolle is genuine understanding, maybe understanding for retarders, but understanding, and adya is pure bullshit, starting for his name, and finishing because he don't say nothing, just , I'm so sacred. 

On 1/4/2023 at 1:57 PM, Breakingthewall said:

the other is Neo advaita fake

I consider Adyashanti very different from neo-advaita, he has a lot more knowledge, he talks about integration, several traps of the path, unconscious emotions; he has read hundreds of book of psychology and Christian mysticism while practising zen.
Here he tells his awakening:

I've gotten more value from Adya than Tolle, but to each his own. People will resonant with different teachers.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

adya is pure bullshit, starting for his name

Tolle also has a fake name.

Just now, Forza-Spirito said:

I consider Adyashanti very different from neo-advaita, he has a lot more knowledge, he talks about integration, several traps of the path, unconscious emotions; he has read hundreds of book of psychology and Christian mysticism while practising zen.
Here he tells his awakening:

Maybe I'm wrong, i just read a book, and he said things like: one day I reached enlightenment, suddenly a different being took possession of my body and I took my first steps. the 25 years of meditation I did have nothing to do with this. That day I changed my name. When I was a child, many people felt uncomfortable when I looked at them because through my eyes I looked at the absolute...give me the money. I don't even remember the rest of the book because it didn't say anything to me. Maybe he has many valuable things. 

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Tolle also has a fake name.

Yeah but sounds less fake than adyashanti ?. As you said, no one is useful after certain point, just an approach to spirituality

9 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yeah but sounds less fake than adyashanti ?.

Watch your double-standards.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Watch your double-standards.

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Was just a foolish, but anyway, there is a big business in the spirituality, and we the humans are very corrupted. My feeling is that Tolle is integral, and adya is fooling himself and others. Same as my feeling is that you are totally integral. 

It's not just "feeling", it's analysis. Tolle never claimed that he understands the ultimate reality, he just has glimpses, and he admits his limitation. Adya claims he's "enlightened", he understands everything, or there is nothing to be understood, or communicated because the tao can't be spoken bla blah. And in my opinion, adya don't understand what reality is. He never realized the infinity. So he's fooling himself, he is a fake, even he thinks he realized the infinity. But this analysis could be wrong, of course. 

Edited by Breakingthewall