withinUverse

Help me with inserting attachments please

17 posts in this topic

Hello there!  I'm new to this Forum and I'm wondering how to attach content.  I've got an idea for my journal, and I want to download personal .pdf or .docx or even .jpg to insert into the thread.  I see the insert other media button here.  I understand insert image from URL and have been successful.  Does that mean I cannot post images which aren't uploaded and published to the web already?  I don't know how to use insert existing attachment.  It says, "You do not have any existing attachments."  How do I download attachments?  Thanks in advance for the assistance.  

"Insert existing attachment" simply allows you to quickly pick any files which you have posted exclusively to Actualized.org. For example, if I posted a picture of a bunny on an Actualized.org thread, that picture would appear in there.

If you want to upload a file more locally, click the blue underlined "choose files..." to the left of the "Insert other media" button and it will allow you to scroll through your file explorer to pick a file that you want to upload. You can also drag files into there, as it says.

Edited by Osaid

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

@Osaid

First of all, Thank you for your help!  I figured it would be a simple procedure, but I haven't been able to figure it out.  

hmmm... I don't see the blue underlined "choose files."  I don't see it next to the "insert other media" button and I don't see it on the drop-down window of the "insert other media" button either.  I've been looking for "choose files" or "upload" somewhere.  

I thought I figured it out... how to do it through URL but that didn't work either.  I took a screen shot and placed into a Facebook album.  I set the album as public and changed my profile as public.  I pasted the URL, and it turns red.  It doesn't allow me to do it.  

In fact, I was successful to insert two pieces of my art into a post using URL.  My "insert existing attachment" is blank.  

Maybe there's something not working properly with my account?  I don't know.  If not, I'll learn how to work with the parameters I have.  :D Thanks again!

P.S.  Do you have any knowledge of basic html?  Or specifically how to use the "code" button.  I tried to insert the capability to highlight sentences with different colors and was unsuccessful with that attempt too.  

Edited by withinUverse

4 minutes ago, withinUverse said:

@Osaid

First of all, Thank you for your help!

It's no problem

5 minutes ago, withinUverse said:

hmmm... I don't see the blue underlined "choose files."  I don't see it next to the "insert other media" button and I don't see it on the drop-down window of the "insert other media" button either.  I've been looking for "choose files" or "upload" somewhere.  

So you don't see this?

actpic.jpg

@Osaid

No I don't... that light gray box is mostly empty.  I have the insert other media button on the right side only. 

25 minutes ago, withinUverse said:

P.S.  Do you have any knowledge of basic html?  Or specifically how to use the "code" button.  I tried to insert the capability to highlight sentences with different colors and was unsuccessful with that attempt too.  

You don't have to click the code button to do that. You can just type[color=red] example text [/color]like that. Anything in between the brackets will be affected by the code. See.

Alternatively, you can just use the toolbar at the top of where you type and click on the big letter "A" all the way to the right beside the "Size" dropdown, this will allow you to change color as well.
colors.png

11 minutes ago, withinUverse said:

No I don't... that light gray box is mostly empty.  I have the insert other media button on the right side only. 

That's weird, must be a glitch or something. Do you use Google Chrome?

Edited by Osaid

@Osaid

Ok... I am not using Google Chrome.  It's Microsoft Edge... I'll see if that makes a difference.  And just putting code directly instead of the code button is something I hadn't tried yet.  Awesome!  I'll check it out.  Thanks!

@Osaid

Well.. I switched to chrome and it's still missing.  Let me see if the code is working OK .  Alrighty... that's working... that will give me the more options that I'm looking for... Thanks again!

9 minutes ago, withinUverse said:

Well.. I switched to chrome and it's still missing.

Maybe the chrome version is out of date?

Edited by Osaid

@Osaid

The computer isn't a year yet and the last modification of Chrome was Wednesday, ‎March ‎29, ‎2023, ‏‎7:23:09 PM

It's ok... it would be easier to have the choose files options, but it's not going to stop me from trying other ideas.  I'm trying to do something complex in my journal and I'm trying how to make it work... I will eventually.  Even it's to not make it so complex.. lol 

@Osaid

I'm looking at the BBcode for forums and I'm actually testing it out.  This should link to the Screenshot   I apologize just trying to figure out my limits in the forum.

Edited by withinUverse
the URL link wasn't correct

19 minutes ago, withinUverse said:

The computer isn't a year yet and the last modification of Chrome was Wednesday, ‎March ‎29, ‎2023, ‏‎7:23:09 PM

Odd. You could try dragging things in to the gray area.

7 minutes ago, withinUverse said:

I'm looking at the BBcode for forums and I'm actually testing it out.  This should link to the Screenshot. I apologize just trying to figure out my limits in the forum.

Cool

@AndylizedAAY

1 minute ago, AndylizedAAY said:

@withinUverse What BBcode for forums? I had no idea that this was a thing. 

I didn't know either.  Osaid gave me an example of code I could use without using the code button.  I noticed he used [ ].  When I had learned a little code years maybe a decade ago I was used to seeing < >.  I did a search and found the BBcode, and not I'm testing it out 

@AndylizedAAY

I don't have the choose files option available to me.  I have placed a link that says Screenshot in blue in the above post before you posted.  My area is empty.  I'm not THAT illiterate with computers ^_^

Edited by withinUverse
added more words to clarify myself

I think I'm finding solutions 

photo?fbid=6366846673383024&set=a.636683

or not... lol

Edited by withinUverse
trying to insert a BBCode for a URL image since my button to insert URL is not working