Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Consept

INTP Relationship question for Leo (or anyone)

1 post in this topic

Recently just watched most of the happiness video and there are a lot of things I can relate to Leo on. We're both around the same age and both INTPs, theres a lot of differences of course but in terms of the question its mainly relevant that we both like time to ourselves and having a freedom of routine. 

So im trying to figure out what would be better for me, being single or in a relationship. I notice Leo, you sometimes mention you have a girlfriend or that you date, so how does this align with your need for solitude? Personally Ive always found the idea of traditional relationships scary in that another persons needs are somewhat your responsibility and that you dont have that same flexibility of just doing whatever you want, even if thats just being by yourself for a few days without feeling guilty that you havent been in touch with your partner. On the flip, I do enjoy having someone there that cares about me and someone that you can share things with. Ive kind of always had relationships but tended to keep them at a little bit of a distance in terms of not wanting to live with them and wanting to have my own life outside of them. 

I dont really want to do the player type thing, Ive dabbled in it before and it is fun but its just not that meaningful and I feel that all the effort that gets put into it is not really worth a bang here and there. I've also grown and developed where i think i could be myself more in relationships, this is something i struggled with a bit previously where id sometimes feel like Id lose myself and just try and keep the other person happy. I always somewhat put the relationship not working on the partner because they were difficult but looking at it now they were doing their bes with someone who had one foot in, one foot out, wanted a relationship but then also wanted to be by themselves. So i came to the conclusion its really on me, the partner could of course be more or less compatible but generally its my issue either way. 

Anyway any advice would be greatly appreciated and obviously not just Leo can answer, anyone that can relate or give advice.