Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

I Don't Understand God's Love - Please Help

6 posts in this topic

Leo says at some point of the video something like (i am paraphrasing)

''Why do i love money and not the lack of money? Why do i love comfort and not discomfort? Why do i love a big house and not a small house?''

Now.. this all seems very negative to me and i don't understand it...

God has put in us those desires to chase pleasure, be secure, comfortable, have money, avoid pain,illness & etc..

But then i feel like there is something wrong to having these desires.. Does not God want us to do good , be happy and thrive??If not then why did he instill those desires within us?

From what Leo said in this video i get the feeling like there is something wrong to want to be happy and feel good in your body just because God accepts everything or something like that...

Maybe God is fine living a torturous life but certainly my experience is the exact opposite and everything inside me screams to improve things for the better... How do you reconcile that?

I don't understand this. And it seems negative, perverse and twisted to me.

Edited by SQAAD

rick-and-morty.gif

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

The true love results in having the courage to embrace all the "bad things" in this life you avoid. True Love is the most radical things and it's what we fear the most.

We can't love all of them because we have form to survive. If you genuinely love to be tortured, then your body won't live long. Well, believe or not, there are people in this world that actually desired to be tortured to death. So who should we say if that is a bad thing?

So realistically you can't really LOVE unless you're in the state of God consciousness. And you can't really understand true love if you are in human state of consciousness. So embrace your limit and if you really want to understand love, try some 5-meo.

@SQAAD you can transcend the duality of good vs bad to realize Absolute Good. 

Also, you could transcend the duality of love vs aversion to realize Absolute Love. 

Not that I have done it myself, but that's what Leo is about. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

10 hours ago, SQAAD said:

God has put in us those desires to chase pleasure, be secure, comfortable, have money, avoid pain,illness & etc..

Pleasure is is fine but it's usually in direct opposition to long term happiness. If we were to chase every pleasure we have then we'd soon be out of a job and be living on the streets.

Again pleasure is fine unless we are actually avoiding doing something important which will provide long term happiness.

@Kingston

8 hours ago, Kingston said:

The true love results in having the courage to embrace all the "bad things" in this life you avoid. True Love is the most radical things and it's what we fear the most.

We can't love all of them because we have form to survive. If you genuinely love to be tortured, then your body won't live long. Well, believe or not, there are people in this world that actually desired to be tortured to death. So who should we say if that is a bad thing?

So realistically you can't really LOVE unless you're in the state of God consciousness. And you can't really understand true love if you are in human state of consciousness. So embrace your limit and if you really want to understand love, try some 5-meo.

Talking of torture.. that is actually my worst fear .. getting tortured by some Mexican Drug Cartel Animals.. lol.

So from what i understand.. God has no fear because 'he' is formless and we have fear because we have a form.

Also, i recently got a taste of Love while on shrooms.. But i definitely go all the way and try something stronger like 5meo..

Edited by SQAAD