LSD-Rumi

Psychonauts are generally idiots and dysfunctional

17 posts in this topic

Some of them tend to use or abuse other addictive drugs, some of them are lazy weed smokers and others gain some spiritual insights while not integrating them into their lives, and they develop some kind of new agey beliefs where they think they understood reality while also having big egos or dysfunctional lives.

Psychedelics basically give pearls to pigs.

Hippies are developing themselves the same way squares are developing themselves. Very few people on the planet can actually integrate spiritual work into their lives properly.

And judging by the way you talk, you have some of that integration of that sort to do.

The problem is that people believe that they are getting knowledge for free.  Nothing is for free. You are always paying a price.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Jodistrict I think that’s important to keep in mind, although I don’t know exactly what people mean by “paying a price”.  Do you mean that in the sense of difficult integration work?  Certain experiences can be a bit destabilizing for awhile afterward.  I’ve only done about a dozen trips so far, maybe I’ve been lucky that things have been mostly positive, although I’ve been careful to not push my doses too high

It really does feel like starting out that I’m tapping into a flood of heightened potential.  Do you think that there’s a long term price of some kind?  Or more so just in the weeks following an intense experience?  So far I’m getting the sense that these substances can be overwhelming positive when handled responsibly, but I can’t help questioning if we’re “meant” to know these things 

Atypical things attract atypical people

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

4 hours ago, bmcnicho said:

@Jodistrict I think that’s important to keep in mind, although I don’t know exactly what people mean by “paying a price”.  Do you mean that in the sense of difficult integration work?  Certain experiences can be a bit destabilizing for awhile afterward.  I’ve only done about a dozen trips so far, maybe I’ve been lucky that things have been mostly positive, although I’ve been careful to not push my doses too high

It really does feel like starting out that I’m tapping into a flood of heightened potential.  Do you think that there’s a long term price of some kind?  Or more so just in the weeks following an intense experience?  So far I’m getting the sense that these substances can be overwhelming positive when handled responsibly, but I can’t help questioning if we’re “meant” to know these things 

As long as you have a solid spiritual and philosophical background and a stable psyche, you can handle the most intense experiences fine. Many people develop a psychological addiction to psychedelics, because of the heightened state it provides. I know, because at some point I experienced something close to that. Psychedelics have a very harsh way of leading you out of this path. Don't be afraid, but don't be naive. Respect these substances and be cautious, but also be open to exploring this realm and see experiences you label as "bad" as an opportunity to see the sides of yourself and the reality that you're neglecting or suppressing. 

11 hours ago, bmcnicho said:

Read “Faust”.   It takes your power.  In the Amazon, they treat these plants as deities.  You approach a deity with humility and offer it a sacrifice.  There are strings attached. 

Vincit omnia Veritas.

People are generally idiots and dysfunctional 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Jodistrict I have read Faust.  I definitely see that analogy applying to things like stimulants and other more dangerous, addictive drugs. Psychedelics seem a lot safer, though.  Most of the trip reports I’ve read so far seem to describe psychedelic entities as having mostly positive intent.

By a sacrifice do you mean something like promising to make positive changes in life?  I can’t say that I’ve deliberately made a sacrifice like that, although I do go into the experience with humility and respect.  That might be worth trying going forward.

I don’t feel as though I’ve been drained of power in some way, at least so far.  Generally, I’ve gained clarity on things, and expanded my conceptions on what’s possible, but I guess I have no idea what will happen if I continue

Edited by bmcnicho

21 minutes ago, bmcnicho said:

@Jodistrict I have read Faust.  I see that analogy applying to things like stimulants and other more dangerous, addictive drugs.  Most of the trip reports I’ve read so far seem to describe psychedelic entities as having mostly positive intent, though.

By a sacrifice do you mean something like promising to make positive changes in life?  I can’t say that I’ve deliberately made a sacrifice like that, although I do go into the experience with humility and respect.  That might be worth trying going forward.

I don’t feel as though I’ve been drained of power in some way, at least so far.  Generally, I’ve gained clarity on things, and expanded my conceptions on what’s possible

A deity isn’t predictable.  I recently went to a ceremony where I took 1 cup of San Pedro, which for me would be a light to moderate dose.  Instead, it took me on a deep 16 hour journey where I experienced both heaven and hell.  I was way over my head and went to the brink of insanity.  And that was on a moderate dose.   The reasoned, well-ordered mind raised in a safe middle class environment with a scientific rationalist point of view says “well it’s been positive so far, I have got this figured out”.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Yes , it's extremely rare to find anyone who isn't. It's important to realize how idiot is the people, but more important to realize how idiot and dysfunctional i am. Sometimes i get atonished of the level of my idiocy, and if i look to the past, it's enormous. But same time i realize that it couldn't be otherwise. Be human is to be idiot and dysfunctional.

@Breakingthewall I went through a deep phase of seeing how much I am an idiot over past couple years. Been growing a lot.

◭"89"

19 hours ago, Thought Art said:

xD

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

Just neglect these things and focus on your own development . Clearly this conclusion comes from your observation and experience, but keep in mind there are also some projections you make here. At least for me, if I really value my own development and well being in general, I wouldn't focus my attention on such thing and certainly will not open a topic about it. 

18 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@Breakingthewall I went through a deep phase of seeing how much I am an idiot over past couple years. Been growing a lot.

and have you realized that all your stupidity and dysfunction is lack of love? When you realize the lack of love that is to be a human being, sadness is great, but I think it is the beginning of realizing reality

On 2023-03-29 at 1:21 PM, Breakingthewall said:

and have you realized that all your stupidity and dysfunction is lack of love? When you realize the lack of love that is to be a human being, sadness is great, but I think it is the beginning of realizing reality

Lack of love was part of it for sure

But, it was love that looked objectively, love that set the goals, did the work, failed and is still growing and improving and over time succeeding today.

◭"89"