at_anchor

Which is better France or Germany?

37 posts in this topic

Anyone knows anything about the political situation in the EU? I'm trying to compare these two countries. I suppose that language in and of itself doesn't make one group of people different than the other, but it is rather culture, geography and history. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe people that speak one of the Germanic languages have a better work ethic and stuff than Romance language speakers who are better at something else, like socializing maybe. 

Anyway,  I want to know in what ways is France better than Germany and vice versa, where is the political situation more liberal and progressive, stage green? Does Germany actually have labour shortages, while Frances unemployment rate is rising?

Melenchon was critical of the "German model" that only serves the rich and the country has more poverty than France which brings into question labour shortages. But still, it is hard to compare which of these two countries  is closer to the Nordics in terms of solving social and economic problems, transparency, corruption, hdi, and other criteria, maybe which is safer and which has better economic opportunities.

Edited by at_anchor

There is everything in both countries.

What's your nationality ?

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@at_anchor Germany is closer to nordic countries in terms of social services and social democracy.

Partly because Germany is wealthier and more industrially developed and partly because Germany leans more towards Green on the spyral dynamics.

Yet, to be clear, France would still be far closer to green than the United States. Very good healthcare and social services in France too.  Although now France is experiencing some crisis as the population is aging and funding the welfare and pension system is very expensive

Both have high taxes and relatively low corruption.

German people are definitely "colder", more reserved and more rigid than french people, they also have a stronger sense of collective responsibility.

Pure individualism, bragging and ego are less socially acceptable in Germany than in France.

German cities are on average cleaner and safer than french cities but this varies greatly from region to region.

Germany being a larger economy offers more job opportunities, though this may change with the destruction of its pipelines and the lack of cheap russian gas which may lead to deindustrialization in coming years

If you are an artist, a musician or work in fashion, Paris is the city for you

In terms of politics and position in the world all you need to know is that one lost ww2.

France is a strong military power with a large army, hundreds of its own nuclear weapons and still has influence in west africa.

France has a strong national identity and pride in its history France is also much more sovreign and independent nation.

Germany has a very strong historical memory which still translates into a submissive and pacifist mindset. 

Germany's army is practically non-existent due to chronic underfunding and total dependence on the United States which, to this day, has tens of thousands of troops in germany. German sovereignty is, at best, limited.

In conclusion, both are great places to live

France is more beautiful and laid back, „ laissez faire“ Also warmer and Mediterranean. But probably more social issues.

Germany has a better economy but worse lifestyle. Probably more secure.

Edited by PurpleTree

Germany is too damn lonely.

The more industrial a country is, the worse their social lives are.

So, France is my answer. France is also more integrated with US culture (Although they're not good at English in my experience)

Prove this to yourself by contrasting Greece vs Germany or Serbia vs Germany or Spain vs Germany.

No comparison.

The best country in Europe is the Netherlands imo, although I haven't been to every single one. It's a relative opinion.

Although I can move to Germany right now with no paper work, matter of fact I can go there right now without even carrying my ID ^_^ I wouldn't live there.

The only exception to this industrial = lonelier rule is the United States, although they're not completely resistant to it either.

I don't want to make too many theories as to why this rule exists, but I'm guessing it's because your social skills atrophy when the only places you're familiar with are your workspace and your car.

As shitty as some of their politics are, America is the holy grail of all countries, nobody goes to Germany to have a good life. They go there to make money.

In my experience, if nihilism or dullness we're countries, they would be Germany. xD

This is not obvious to people because they adjust, whatever your default is will stay your default until you experience something new. 

As you can see I hold quite strong opinions about this :D that's because I've been there many times, seen these problems for myself & asked around to confirm my initial (and original!) feelings.

Screenshot_1.png

This chart basically tells you which country is most desirable to people, some look for countries that will provide a easier way to meet their survival needs, others look for countries that are just more emotionally appealing to them.

With Russia on this chart, this proves that I'm quite deficient in my experience as well. Who wants to live in Russia for heaven's sake? apparently some...

I've never been to Berlin or east Germany either. Life might be different there.

Edited by MarkKol

@at_anchor

23 hours ago, at_anchor said:

Anyone knows anything about the political situation in the EU? I'm trying to compare these two countries. I suppose that language in and of itself doesn't make one group of people different than the other, but it is rather culture, geography and history. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe people that speak one of the Germanic languages have a better work ethic and stuff than Romance language speakers who are better at something else, like socializing maybe. 

Anyway,  I want to know in what ways is France better than Germany and vice versa, where is the political situation more liberal and progressive, stage green? Does Germany actually have labour shortages, while Frances unemployment rate is rising?

Melenchon was critical of the "German model" that only serves the rich and the country has more poverty than France which brings into question labour shortages. But still, it is hard to compare which of these two countries  is closer to the Nordics in terms of solving social and economic problems, transparency, corruption, hdi, and other criteria, maybe which is safer and which has better economic opportunities.

They both generally suck, better just vacation spots than to live there.

55 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@at_anchor

They both generally suck, better just vacation spots than to live there.

Ugh where are you from?

@PurpleTree

3 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Ugh where are you from?

I mean, Germany and France does have a few good spots, but history of the Nazi Germany and Adolf Hitler spoiled it a bit. France is just a perverted country, like legal orgies and eating frog soup and generally laisse fair and carte blank and collectively strange consciousness of the masses there, honestly a bit strange for me from historical perspective. Maybe it's just differences in stage of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types and traits, states of consciousness, life experiences and other lines of development like finance, career, relationships, health, fitness, leisure, home environment, business, cuisine, technology, economy, history, culture, spirituality and so forth. Also differences in ideological upbringing.

I do like the french's poutines though, very nice.

47 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@PurpleTree

I mean, Germany and France does have a few good spots, but history of the Nazi Germany and Adolf Hitler spoiled it a bit. France is just a perverted country, like legal orgies and eating frog soup and generally laisse fair and carte blank and collectively strange consciousness of the masses there, honestly a bit strange for me from historical perspective. Maybe it's just differences in stage of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types and traits, states of consciousness, life experiences and other lines of development like finance, career, relationships, health, fitness, leisure, home environment, business, cuisine, technology, economy, history, culture, spirituality and so forth. Also differences in ideological upbringing.

I do like the french's poutines though, very nice.

4 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Ugh where are you from?

37 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

history of the Nazi Germany and Adolf Hitler spoiled it a bit. France is just a perverted country

What the hell?

What traces of Hitler or Nazis did you see in Germany?

Perhaps you confused Hitler and Modern day Germany with China and Mao O.o

This just sounds so silly...

@MarkKol

17 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

What the hell?

What traces of Hitler or Nazis did you see in Germany?

Perhaps you confused Hitler and Modern day Germany with China and Mao O.o

This just sounds so silly...

I can feel it in the air. Germany and France just give off bad vibes to me. One just is over sexual and stranger to me, Germany is just too industrial.

13 hours ago, Tobia said:

If you are an artist, a musician or work in fashion, Paris is the city for you

Unfortunately, I'm not and might never be.

collective responsibility

Another point for Germany

Germany being a larger economy offers more job opportunities

Yeah, that's another upside.

13 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

France is more beautiful and laid back, „ laissez faire“

This might be a stereotype, but yes, generally France has more castles, mansions, villas, beautiful parks, luxurious fascades and it even makes dull gray basketball fields look fascinatingly decorated and beautiful. 

13 hours ago, MarkKol said:

Germany is too damn lonely.

The more industrial a country is, the worse their social lives are.

So, France is my answer.

Is France really that much less industrial than Germany? Someone has to build all that stuff. 

Edited by at_anchor

14 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@PurpleTree

From the UK. I don't see how that has to do with this.

Well i think if there is a direct „competitor“ to France and Germany then it would be the UK. I mean you just say some silly stuff imo like …

14 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@MarkKol

I can feel it in the air. Germany and France just give off bad vibes to me. One just is over sexual and stranger to me, Germany is just too industrial.

10 hours ago, at_anchor said:

This might be a stereotype, but yes, generally France has more castles, mansions, villas, beautiful parks, luxurious fascades and it even makes dull gray basketball fields look fascinatingly decorated and beautiful. 

Yea i meant even moreso the landscape. France has probably the most varied landscape in Europe. From the cold wild northern sea to the warm Mediterranean, the alps, camargue, brettagne etc.

@PurpleTree

47 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Well i think if there is a direct „competitor“ to France and Germany then it would be the UK. I mean you just say some silly stuff imo like …

Yea i meant even moreso the landscape. France has probably the most varied landscape in Europe. From the cold wild northern sea to the warm Mediterranean, the alps, camargue, brettagne etc.

Sure, the UK has dominated Germany and France for most of history. I don't see how this has any bearing with my comments about Germany and France being not ideal to live in? I mean, Germany has legalized orgies, but in the UK we don't. France eats frog soups, and we don't. Actually, the UK for immigrants isn't an ideal place for living, rather Germany and France are a bit better for them. But the EU keeps encouraging these migrants to come to the UK for some reason, but I guess with a mass consciousness like that it's hard to rationally explain why Germany and France and the EU want to keep funneling migrants to the UK.

Also, yes the UK does have diverse multicultural groups, and we do have migrants from different cultural and ethnic and other backgrounds, and when they learn English and start becoming more British is when we do benefit a bit more from what value they can provide to this country. It's not that I'm more conservative and against increase in migrations, I support it as long as you become British. Like the old idiom 'When in Rome, do what the Romans do', or when the Dalai Lama said 'Europe is for Europeans' he and I are referring to stage blue indoctrination of culture and traditional norms and values for the maintenance of a country's identity and functioning society. Even though we may have differences in stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types, states of being, life experiences and other lines of development and other ideological indoctrinations from upbringing, we still need some degree of traditional values to bind us together for the well-being of a society.

9 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

France eats frog soups, and we don't

Its like your mind has a skill in pointing out irrelevant information :P:x

2 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Yea i meant even moreso the landscape. France has probably the most varied landscape in Europe. From the cold wild northern sea to the warm Mediterranean, the alps, camargue, brettagne

Man… I’m pretty sure some part of France is actually in South America as well. Crazy geography.

Edited by MarkKol

@Danioover9000 orgies and soup frogs don't damage a country in any way.

Among the 3, the UK is actually the weakest country with deep internal crisis.

London is the global capital of money laundering, still attached to the last spoils of its dead empire.

Brexit has only accelerated the inevitable demise

I'd just add that aside from French being difficult, I think in France it is way easier to become a citizen than in Germany. I could be wrong.