LSD-Rumi

Rumi used to smoke weed?

22 posts in this topic

I was reading a book that contains a translation of rumi poems and I came at the verses in the picture below (hashish means weed in Arabic)

Now I understand how he was able to go so deep, I always was wondering about that.

20230326_172434.jpg

Edited by LSD-Rumi

Smoking weed isn't bad nothing is bad. If you follow leo teaching you have heard him say its loser to jerk off and smoke. Leos bias is showing here and its important to recognize. You might actually have to smoke as much weed as humanly possible and jerk off as much as possible to awaken if that is you. If it what attracts you its your purpose. You aren't a loser if you jerk off all day and smoke all day this is just who you are. And fighting with these emotions will keep you asleep.

Edited by Hojo

50 minutes ago, Hojo said:

Smoking weed isn't bad nothing is bad. If you follow leo teaching you have heard him say its loser to jerk off and smoke. Leos bias is showing here and its important to recognize. You might actually have to smoke as much weed as humanly possible and jerk off as much as possible to awaken if that is you. If it what attracts you its your purpose. You aren't a loser if you jerk off all day and smoke all day this is just who you are. And fighting with these emotions will keep you asleep.

Edited by tuku747

Sounds like he's saying weed puts you to sleep.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Sounds like he's saying weed puts you to sleep.

No he finished talking about weed and then talked about how sleep rests the mind from thoughts.

@LSD-Rumi He says Wine, Weed and sleep put us into a sleep. 

They numb essentially is how I perceive the poem. Wine makes us leave the two worlds, weed lowers our ability to be self conscious and sleep puts us to sleep.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

33 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

No he finished talking about weed and then talked about how sleep rests the mind from thoughts.

Lack of thought is not necessarily a good thing, despite what the Buddhists would have you believe.

Edited by Leo Gura

What Rumi says should not be taken seriously, he uses figurative speech a lot. Also Rumi's mother language has different connotation to certain words so when you translate stuff things get lost in translation.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lack of thought is not necessarily a good thing, despite what the Buddhists would have you believe.

Funnily enough Weed has given me thousands of insightful thoughts while also simultaneously deepening my meditations.

Thankfully I find even after I've stopped the benefits still remain in sober consciousness without the drawback of fuzziness.

It's the connections that matter. You develop and maintain the connections by meditating upon Infinity. ♾️?

Edited by tuku747

Oh I get it now. Maybe he thought werd just numbs the senses.

5 minutes ago, tuku747 said:

Funnily enough Weed has given me thousands of insightful thoughts while also simultaneously deepening my meditations.

Thankfully I find even after I've stopped the benefits still remain in sober consciousness without the drawback of fuzziness.

It's the connections that matter. You develop and maintain the connections in meditating upon Infinity.

Week can be great for insights.

Rumi also has poems where he speaks of getting really drunk or high and having insights. Just one poem of many, one perspective on things of many. 

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

Rumi also has poems where he speaks of getting really drunk or high and having insights. Just one poem of many, one perspective on things of many. 

In the end it really has nothing to do with the drugs. 9_9

I could smoke an imaginary joint and get high as fuck. xD

Cause it's all imaginary :P

Edited by tuku747

54 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Again. Being drunk has different connotation in Turkish and Persian (the languages that Rumi used). It does not necessary have to do with to alcohol. He definitely didn’t drink no alcohol because it is against Islam. 

For example being drunk of love doesn’t mean you drank alcohol.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

I remember reading a similar poem by Rumi in my language (Polish) and it have had a different vibe.

Edited by Girzo

@StarStruck Interesting

◭"89"

Weed makes you less self concious

To someone too self concious. Too a person who has gained knowledge of God and is working on deconstructing identity becoming less self concious, using weed, is  a self observation tool. 

I have become aware that jerking off and smoking weed are tools I was using to enter the flow state and something that was stopping me from entering the flow was my thought that I was doing something wrong and being a loser for doing these thing. Instead of helping me enter flow my bias towards myself ' only losers smoke weed and jerk off on their free time' was stopping me from doing it. This would make me want to do it even more and hate myself even more! When I am in my flow state by jerking off a bunch and smoking a fuck tone of weed I can get into trance thought and decipher my thoughts and identity games but I had to accept that I just wanna jerk off and smoke weed all day and love myself for it and do it without gas lighting myself that its okay and cool and awesome to do cause its god and thinking a part of God is for loser is what losers do! God gave me that right and tool and doing it means God loves it and Satan is the one that hates it.

I just wanna smoke weed and jerk off and love myself and god for it the universe is infinite we will be here forever why judge people. You make their lives harder and yours by reflection.

By judging you give people schizo disorders. Because a schizophrenic is just someone who has satan gone rampant through self judgment. It is when someones negative self reflection gets bigger than their positive self reflection.

Edited by Hojo

24 minutes ago, Hojo said:

Weed makes you less self concious

To someone too self concious. Too a person who has gained knowledge of God and is working on deconstructing identity becoming less self concious using weed is  a self observation tool. 

I have become aware that jerking off and smoking weed are tools I was using to enter the flow state and something that was stopping me from entering the flow was my thought that I was doing something wrong and being a loser for doing these thing. Instead of helping me enter flow my bias towards myself ' only losers smoke weed and jerk off on their free time' was stopping me from doing it. This would make me want to do it even more and hate myself even more! When I am in my flow state by jerking off a bunch and smoking a fuck tone of weed I can get into trance thought and decipher my thoughts and identity games but I had to accept that I just wanna jerk off and smoke weed all day and love myself for it and do it without gas lighting myself that its okay and cool and awesome to do cause its god and thinking a part of God is for loser is what losers do! God have me that right and it doing it means God loves it and Satan is the one that hates it.

I just wanna smoke weed and jerk off and love myself and god for it the universe is infinite we will be here forever why judge people. You make their lives harder and yours by reflection.

By judging you give people schizo disorders. Because a schizophrenic is just someone who has satan gone rampant through self judgment

It Is What You Make Of It ;)

@tuku747 true the only reason anything stands out to me is self identity. reality is a self reflection. The only reason I couldnt enter flow is because I let others define me. Or let myself define me o.O

Edited by Hojo

In the ancient world wine used to be infused with psychedelic herbs and was very different from today's wine.

So Rumi may be referring psychedelic wine.

Re-reading the above poem several times, it seems like Rumi was speaking of weed as a tool for ego-transcendence. That would make a lot of sense to me.

Edited by Leo Gura

I’m pretty sensitive to weed at this point; even the tiniest of changes with how I use weed alters my reality greatly. 

With great power comes great responsibility.

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI