Something Funny

What is enlightenmen?

16 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura okay, so it's not awakening. But what is it then? Could you explain in simple language what is a distinction between enlightenment and awakening?

Is it correct to assume that awakening is like an insight / realization while enlightenment is a certain state of consciousness that you can be at?

He already said his stance on enlightenment here:

55 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And what I can tell you is that all these spiritual teachers are fooling themselves. They do not comprehend what CONSCIOUSNESS is. Even someone like Ralston simply isn't conscious enough to get it. I look at him and it is clear to me he doesn't get it. He has fooled himself with "enlightenment". Enlightenment is bullshit. There exist much deeper consciousness. Orders of magnitude deeper. That is what I am interested in teaching. I do not care about enlightenment at all. I do not teach enlightenment any more.

Edited by Yimpa

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

23 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

@Yimpa I read it. I was asking about what enlightement is.

You clearly didn’t. Let me make it more clear for you:

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Enlightenment is bullshit.

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

1 minute ago, Something Funny said:

@Yimpa leave me alone

I empathize with the pain of thinking you understand something, only for reality to slap you in the face with harsh truths. 

Asking Leo to give us a definitive answer as to what Consciousness is, then just accepting it blindly is counterproductive and can only lead to more confusion.

That’s what makes Leo different. He’s not here to entertain concepts and beliefs about Consciousness.

@Yimpa respect other people boundaries.

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Yimpa sorry for lashing out.

But I just wanted to learn Leo's understanding of what enlightenment means in general. 

normally enlightenment is equated to the dissolution of the ego. the disappearance of desire, the fusion with reality, becoming reality itself by ceasing to be a separate entity. Leo talks more about understanding what reality is, not conceptual or mind understanding but deep , clear the fog of low consciousness and see

Edited by Breakingthewall

Just now, Something Funny said:

@Breakingthewall thank you. So it's kind of experiencing vs understanding?

For me it's more the elimination of the apparent and false separation and the fusion with the unlimited reality that is. understanding is that it is infinite and cannot be understood. But leo would say that this is a mistake and I don't know what awakening means. maybe he is right

15 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

The elimination of the apparent and false separation and the fusion with the unlimited reality that is. - enlightenment

understanding is that it is infinite and cannot be understood - awakening 

Correct? I mean, at least according to you?

59 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

@Yimpa sorry for lashing out.

But I just wanted to learn Leo's understanding of what enlightenment means in general. 

No worries, I’m sorry as well. 

I think we are all very charged up about this; it’s part of the process. It’s humbling all of us to how challenging this work really is. 

Leo’s course will hopefully dispel a lot of the confusion we all are experiencing. 

1 hour ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Yimpa respect other people boundaries.

Thank you for the reminder. 

37 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

Correct? I mean, at least according to you?

I would say that what I used to call enlightenment, that is, the fusion with reality, being without ego, is only the beginning of awakening, and that awakening has no bottom. is to deepen