Leo Gura

Important! - Nobody On This Forum Is AWAKE

1,427 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you insist on reducing consciousness down like trying to understand a frog by throwing it into a blender and analyzing its juices, then I can tell you what you'll find: Nothing.

But you will not understand frog nor GOD.

Reducing down can be very valuable for understanding reality, just not necessarily always down to the lowest levels. It's also not always the best idea to look at the biggest picture possible. Each level can give insights into things and how they relate to other things both on the same level and on different levels.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Well you are right I wouldnt consider myself awake. I read this thread and none of it makes any sens to me. I think i exhausted trying to get the answers from others. Every answers about God I read is obviously not what I am seeking.

Sailing on the ceiling 

29 minutes ago, Squeekytoy said:

agree, again no issue at all. But the first thing you have to understand is that, in the end, it's all arbitrary. It could have been anything. And you're never going to put a dent in infinity, no matter how much you explore. Think pale blue dot. That's your magical jungle. It's a joke. Still, could be fun.

The infinity is me. Do you realize the enormity of what this means? It is not something distant, theoretical, fantastic...it is reality. this, now, is the infinite in action. How not to delve into it once you realize it? impossible

1 hour ago, Squeekytoy said:

The only thing I insist on (mostly in the privacy of my own thoughts these days), is distinguishing what's true from what's not.

What's True is that there are thousands of different kinds of Awakening, at various degrees.

Consciousness is way more complex than enlightened humans comprehend. They have fooled themselves by getting trapped inside merely one state of Consciousness. Consciousness is capable of much higher states which they simply cannot imagine. And they have fooled themselves into stopping seriously thinking about Consciousness. They think they have figured it out by reducing it so low that it cannot be reduced any more. They are right, it cannot be reduced any more than Nothing. But they are wrong in using the reductive approach. They use that approach because that's all meditation and self-inquiry can allow. They have no other methods. I present another method which can overcome all those limitations and open you up to a completely new kinds of Awakening which no human could naturally have no matter how many years he meditates or does self-inquiry.

The mistake is assuming that a sober human can every comprehend GOD. This is impossible. It will not ever happen. A human is simply too weak to do that, just like the human body is too weak to move a mountain. But certain technologies can allow humans to move mountains. But only if they are openminded to the technology. But these fucking Buddhists and nondualists are simply not open to it. They have fooled themselves into thinking they can move mountains by hand. But all they move are pebbles and call them mountains. Then they deny that real mountains even exist.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What's True is that there are thousands of different kinds of Awakening, at various degrees.

Consciousness is way more complex than enlightened humans comprehend. They have fooled themselves by getting trapped inside merely one state of Consciousness. Consciousness is capable of much higher states which they simply cannot imagine. And they have fooled themselves into stopping seriously thinking about Consciousness. They think they have figured it out by reducing it so low that it cannot be reduced any more. They are right, it cannot be reduced any more than Nothing. But they are wrong in using the reductive approach. They use that approach because that's all meditation and self-inquiry can allow. They have no other methods. I present another method which can overcome all those limitations and open you up to a completely new kinds of Awakening which no human could naturally have no matter how many years he meditates or does self-inquiry.

The mistake is assuming that a sober human can every comprehend GOD. This is impossible. It will not ever happen. A human is simply too weak to do that, just like the human body is too weak to move a mountain. But certain technologies can allow humans to move mountains. But only if they are openminded to the technology. But these fucking Buddhists and nondualists are simply not open to it. They have fooled themselves into thinking they can move mountains by hand. But all they move are pebbles and call them mountains. Then they deny that real mountains even exist.

Buddhists and nondualists have different goals to you. Your goal is to reach the highest level of awakening, while their goal is to bring awakening down to normal life to elevate themselves and humanity. in other words your goal is the highest state while their goal is the reach the highest stage.

You have probably reached insanely high levels of awakening but do you really live from there? If you stopped taking psychedelics, would you stay at the god realized level?

Edited by spiritual memes

6 minutes ago, spiritual memes said:

Buddhists and nondualists have different goals to you. Your goal is to reach the highest level of awakening, while their goal is to bring awakening down to normal life to elevate themselves and humanity. in other words your goal is the highest state while their goal is the reach the highest stage.

Basically, yes.

You have probably reached insanely high levels of awakening but do you really live from there?

It's impossible for a human to live 24/7 from such states of Consciousness. I would not be able to feed myself, drive a car, or do any work.

My only goal is really just Understanding. I don't care about anything else. Nothing else matters to me. Although of course it is important to also develop yourself in everyday life. I don't neglect that. The understanding I get from those crazy high states informs how I run my whole life. It allows me to see through all sorts of self-deception in myself and in others. That's the practical value of it. It is a potent antidote to all human bullshit and games. Deep understanding is helpful in all areas of life.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's impossible for a human to live 24/7 from such states of Consciousness. I would not be able to feed myself, drive a car, or do any work.

My only goal is really just Understanding. I don't care about anything else. Nothing else matters to me. Although of course it is important to also develop yourself in everyday life. I don't neglect that. The understanding I get from those crazy high states informs how I run my whole life. It allows me to see through all sorts of self-deception in myself and in others. That's the practical value of it.

I think this is the core of the conflict between you and other teachers. To most teachers, living from a place of high consciousness is more important than simply reaching extremely high states. And more important than just understanding is bringing it down to earth to help awaken others and raise the consciousness of humanity.

In the future, if humans evolve in the right way, the alien consciousness you talk about could be someone's daily baseline. But we have to get there first.

@Leo Gura  

I just have 1 thought. And that is of course you are on about something beyond any teachings in this planet. I don't actually have my doubts about that. And if some of you guys have had high states of awakenings than spiritual teachings like buddhism is seen trough directly as just a low level human game. I have a post about that, which I made months ago. But seriously what more can a human do than actually willfully to be able to leave their body? You have a book about Om Swamis journey. Do you remember his story? He was willing to die for his achievement. Meditated almost 24/7 in Himalayan woods. Till at the end being able to leave his body behind. And that is without any substanses. And what about Santana Gamananas books describing the freedom you can achieve to actually leave your body at will. Of course no human is without some bagage from their personal upbringing, culture etc. And of course God goes beyond any of their spiritual achievements. No doubt. I don't have my doubt about what you on about. But for me personally there are insane levels that a human can achieve sober. 

Edited by PeaceOut96

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They use that approach because that's all meditation and self-inquiry can allow.

Self-inquiry is reductive. But meditation is not. It took me less than a month of self-inquiry practice to reach its conclusion, but I've never gotten to the end of meditation. I've cut down a lot on my practice recently, but I probably will return to it after I move out of my country. Meditation is basically condensed mindfulness. Mindfulness is awareness throughout the day, or your base level of consciousness. Meditation concentrates all of your mindfulness into the timeframe of the session, and it produces profound awakenings. It depends on how you practice it though. If you just try to shut down your mind, it will produce very different awakenings than if you allow and observe. There is value to each, but the latter is a lot more vast and there's a lot to explore. Meditation is by far the single most powerful practice that I know.

Edited by Gesundheit2

38 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The understanding I get from those crazy high states informs how I run my whole life. It allows me to see through all sorts of self-deception in myself and in others. That's the practical value of it. It is a potent antidote to all human bullshit and games. Deep understanding is helpful in all areas of life.

Playing the game is as important as studying it. Playing teaches you what studying cannot, and vice-versa.

Don't hate the players, and don't hate the game.

Edited by Gesundheit2

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

My only goal is really just Understanding. I don't care about anything else. 

Under-standing

Under; below, lower

standing; position, status, or 

Not trying to suggest anything just asking your perspective, don't you think something more along the lines of ultimately just appreciating, is more 'awake'? "Appreciating" including understanding but ultimately 'that's all you care about'?

54 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But these fucking Buddhists and nondualists are simply not open to it. They have fooled themselves into thinking they can move mountains by hand. But all they move are pebbles and call them mountains. Then they deny that real mountains even exist.

I think you'll find it's because they find this irrelevant. Those traditions were made solely with the goal of ending human suffering.

There is no way a person without serious mental illness is going to go through anything equivalent to a DMT trip while sober. Obviously that is impossible, and people who claim they're going through more intense events by staring at the wall meditating are truly embarassing themselves by thinking otherwise.

What in those twisted states do you personally find relevant though? If you are really keen on cosmically shredding your mind into pieces maybe you should try high strength Salvia extract.

41 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Basically, yes.

My only goal is really just Understanding. I don't care about anything else. Nothing else matters to me. Although of course it is important to also develop yourself in everyday life. I don't neglect that. The understanding I get from those crazy high states informs how I run my whole life. It allows me to see through all sorts of self-deception in myself and in others. That's the practical value of it. It is a potent antidote to all human bullshit and games. Deep understanding is helpful in all areas of life.

Actually this probably answers what I was wondering about.

@Devin Understanding understanding etymologically is one way to understand understanding.:D

Noticed how you broke the word into 2 parts and connected them and understood it even though you didn't need to know it etymologically in the first place? ^_^

Isn't it amazing?

It's visible and invisible at the same time, but yet it can't be unseen.

Edited by Understander

Michael Taft once said something along the lines of: If you choose a teacher, be aware that someday if you succeed in her/his teaching, you could become similiar to her/him.

• In aspects such as general emotional state, happiness,  loving kindness, or living a life free of psychological suffering.  That is possible in realizing your True Nature, as countless enlightened beings have demonstrated. 
  • Or in becoming frequently suffering, unhappy, sometimes not so loving, like every other separate self that is not transcended in Enlightenment.

You can chase your own tail, grasping for as much understanding as possible of the manifestation mechanism of your own infinite creation. And since an infinite Mind/Reality can manifest infinite realms, you can only investigate an infinitesimal fraction of it. An infinitesimal part of it. To say it in a non-mathematical way: Like, really next to nothing of it. Not totally 0, but practically nothing. As low as you can get, before getting at absolute 0.

Thats the first big question mark one could see in that approach. You will never get "there", whereever "there" is. When will you be happy and free? Which understanding will bring that?

But hey, the essence of the separate self is dissatisfaction, which it tries to cure not by deeply looking into its own nature, but by doing something else. That something else varies. Ken Wilber hat written a book on that, "The Atman Project".

There he describes a ladder/pyramid of stages of Atman projects. Something that every separate self does to ease its suffering. It doesnt want to let go of its separate self, or doesnt know how, but something must be done to ease the regularly arising suffering.  I must admit that understanding as much as possible of the manifestation mechanisms of infinite realms (while being assured its only an infinitesimal small are of yourself in your lifetimes) ranks pretty high on that kind of "Maslow-Pyramid" or Atman Project Pyramid. Probably more or less at its utmost top limit of development.

Just an idea: Maybe is the circumstance that you dont get freedom from psychological suffering from that approach of trying to understand as much as possible of the relative manifestations of Spirit, a certain hint from Reality. That you go on trying to understand as much as possible, suffering from time to time all along the way, grasping for understanding indefinitely long, until by whatever influences you get enlightened, and really understand and know your True Nature. And then go exploring and understanding, but happily ever after and lovingly, or go fishing, or whatever you feel like then.

Maybe is the fact that after you have had the Understanding that Enlightenment brings that you can live permanently in freedom from psychological suffering and that you can then literally create your own happiness by just resting in your true nature (without separate self arisings bringing dissatisfactions) a certain pointer? A certain indicator on the value of understanding Ultimate Reality (Enlightenment) vs. understanding relative manifested reality, or its manifesting mechanisms?

And concerning the frog, the following just arose in my mindstream:

A nice Koan would be: Did the frog that we have thrown into the blender had Buddha-Nature?

If not sure on the answer, one can be sold for sure some water by the river.

Disclaimer: While making this Koan, no imaginative frogs were hurt.

Namaste and bon voyage ( :

37 minutes ago, Devin said:

Under-standing

Under; below, lower

standing; position, status, or

It's a funny word. Overstanding might be more accurate. But I don't want to invent words.

Or, just Consciousness. Understanding is really just Consciousness.

Not trying to suggest anything just asking your perspective, don't you think something more along the lines of ultimately just appreciating, is more 'awake'? "Appreciating" including understanding but ultimately 'that's all you care about'?

Appreciating is nice, but Understanding is more important in my view. You can't appreciate deeply without understanding a thing. Which is why your average human doesn't appreciate reality much. My pursuit of understanding has lead to insane levels of appreciation of the reality.

I sometimes feel like I'm the only creature on this planet who appreciates how utterly Beautiful reality is. Because I understand it's design to deeply.

The levels of LOVE that my approaches leads to are insane.

If if you want to know why we're talking this route is because it leads to insane LOVE. That's what it all boils down to. But you cannot reach that LOVE without insane understanding.

Understanding and LOVE are not in competition with each other, they are ONE.

All I'm doing is leading people to Infinite LOVE and BEAUTY. There cannot be anything higher or better. You cannot want anything more. GOD will give you everything you could ever want.

Edited by Leo Gura

11 hours ago, Water by the River said:

And please nobody say that I am saying it is not worth exploring the Alien Superminds. That is part of the fascinating show.

You’re not saying it’s not worth it. And that’s good. But you are in subtle ways downplaying the value of such an insight.

My prediction is that if you actually experienced Alien Consciousness, your fucking head would explode. And you’d never be able to say that such a thing was just a “fascinating show” or just “another form”. It would change your entire life AND your entire understanding of spirituality.

11 hours ago, Water by the River said:

Why not look deeply into the abyss of your own true being (which contains all form, but never is form, getting to the point where there is so much no center that all perceptions see themselves), learn to keep that ongoing in daily life, and be happy and in bliss, and go exploring these Alien-Minds then?

Why are you assuming that I haven’t done that already? Or that I’m not happy  already?

I’m legitimately one of the happiest people I know. My life is amazing. I almost feel guilty at times for how good it is.

Yes, seeking comes with a certain amount of “incompleteness”. This is not a mistake. I enjoy seeking. Do not denigrate the seeking impulse. That is a monster trap.

The best possible option is actually that our understanding of God and spirituality is continuing to evolve. This is more exciting. This is cutting edge.