Leo Gura

Important! - Nobody On This Forum Is AWAKE

1,427 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, OldManCorcoran said:

The framework which doesn't use the you word is so easy it can be explained to absolutely anyone and they will understand what you're saying.

It is a common idea for people with the whole droplets and oceans, but death has no involvement of whirlpools expanding back out into rivers or any other similar ideas. The appearance of whatever constituted the person is gone, there doesn't need to be an expansion into God any more than any particular temporary sensory experience doesn't die and expand into God. A color doesn't go to Heaven when you don't see it anymore.

If you choose to comminicate using a conceptual framework including the idea of a self, you will inevitably on some level transmit to people an idea of some remnant of a witness or ego. You can't actually escape it. Because nobody will understand that if they are watching TV in bed, and someone walks by a landmark they saw earlier in that day, that they are seeing the landmark. They will always proclaim "I am not seeing the landmark, I am in bed!"

But to say the sight itself of the TV screen and the sight itself of the landmark exists, there is no confusion at all. If your friend texts you that they are looking at the Eiffel Tower and you'd been there earlier and saw it but are now in bed watching TV, the reason nobody is shocked by this is because intuitively nobody has any issue with the existence of various appearing phenomena. ALL OF THE CONFUSION is in the idea of who sees it. And that demonstrates the fact so clearly, that I cannot believe anybody would still choose to use the self framework at all. Existence appears as the sight of the tower and every single time it takes the shape of the sight of the tower, it is completely identical. Every single time it is the sight of the tower and nothing more. Regardless of who is stood there seeing it, because nobody ever sees it, there is the sight of the tower and it is present. And then it's not. And then it is. Then it's not. Every single time the same exactly as though you were there yourself, because the entire experience of seeing it is the shape reality has taken.

I bet you were fascinated with this inquiry.

If a tree falls in the forest with no one around, did it make a sound?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Once this thread reaches 1,000 posts, somebody will awaken :D

??. I just awoken from my nap by reading it. 

Unconditional love is all there is. 

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

I bet you were fascinated with this inquiry.

If a tree falls in the forest with no one around, did it make a sound?

Yes definitely, and now you know that it does. Because if existence is to take the shape of the sound of a falling tree, there is the sound of the falling tree. Nobody needs to be there first. They never are.

When animals give birth, dead matter emerges from other dead matter (and generally this to us will most prominently be a visual phenomena that is the appearance of the shape of a living creature, or the sounds they make). No wonder brains do not generate consciousness or hold it like a radio signal. It is all equally dead matter. Nobody is ever there.

But does existence even necessarily have to be a perception? I don't see why it would need to take only the form of perceptions. Not that perceptions could ever be categorically different from anything which isn't perceived, since the idea of categorization is a mental thought perception which is only a shape taken by reality. And these shapes can never represent reality since they will always only be shapes and are always preceded by the pure fact of presence which is communicated when saying "I am conscious of purple", in which there is nothing to "being conscious of purple" except the sheer fact of the presence of that purple. Nothing else will ever be found in that statement except the communication that purple is present. It is the fact of presence being communicated and nothing more.

In the common scientist's framework, no qualia can ever be what is actual to the world because it can never exist outside the mind that thinks it. The same way, a thought such as the idea of existent categories can never be anything other than a thought perception, and reality precedes thought perception. Thought perceptions will always just be shapes taken by reality. Something and nothing are other conceptual categories which exist as thought perception. Nothing ever changes if the concepts stop occurring, but the categorizations can stop happening. And all of these words and ideas are still more thought perceptions which are shapes reality is appearing as.

Breathtaking.

2 minutes ago, OldManCorcoran said:

Yes definitely, and now you know that it does. Because if existence is to take the shape of the sound of a falling tree,

I stopped reading here.  You are lost in the materialist paradigm.  But the truth of the matter is this - there isn't a tree at all, outside of how it is held within your consciousness right now.  Right now.  And if you can't see that, refrain from further dialogue with me.  Yeah, I'm touchy.   I'm just sick of you materialists.  You contemplated reality perhaps a bit, and then you dropped it for what is accepted.  I have no patience for that.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@OldManCorcoran you are the reality. There is not outside from the reality, even as a concept. The reality is absolute. Has no opposite, no outside, no other. Looking outside is the deception, there is not outside. Inside it's everything. 

21 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I stopped reading here. 

That's a shame. 

Apparently.

25 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I stopped reading here.  You are lost in the materialist paradigm.  But the truth of the matter is this - there isn't a tree at all, outside of how it is held within your consciousness right now.  Right now.  And if you can't see that, refrain from further dialogue with me.  Yeah, I'm touchy.   I'm just sick of you materialists.  You contemplated reality perhaps a bit, and then you dropped it for what is accepted.  I have no patience for that.

Not even one word in that was materialist thought. The fact you got materialism from that quote is honestly a bit "special".

8 minutes ago, OldManCorcoran said:

Not even one word in that was materialist thought. The fact you got materialism from that quote is honestly a bit "special".

You were saying there is an objective world.  There isn't.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

31 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

@OldManCorcoran you are the reality. There is not outside from the reality, even as a concept. The reality is absolute. Has no opposite, no outside, no other. Looking outside is the deception, there is not outside. Inside it's everything. 

If there's nothing to you but presence, why call it you? If there's nothing to consciousness but presence, why call it consciousness? If presence is nothing but an opposite to the concept of absence, and all concepts are thought-perception which cannot possibly be default to the fact of is-ness itself, then should it be named presence?

Probably not if you wanted to have fundamental reality recognized as being devoid of category or division.

But other than the uncategorized nature of reality, there is no better way to communicate existence than by the term existence itself. Every single modifier is misleading. Do you want to keep your mystical secret or do you want to be understood? It's not hard to be understood. It's as easy as calling being being, not calling it anything else. You can explain the rest the same.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

You were saying there is an objective world.  There isn't.  

No I wasn't.

People come here from Google and think you're Leo's right hand man. You need to be more careful about posting than most, because you're meant to be representing his ideas. You need to actually be able to comprehend things before responding with random stuff.

6 minutes ago, OldManCorcoran said:

People come here from Google and think you're Leo's right hand man. You need to be more careful about posting than most, because you're meant to be representing his ideas. 

He can have his own ideas about awakening. Mods are not obligated to represent my ideas.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He can have his own ideas about awakening. Mods are not obligated to represent my ideas.

Not a cult, confirmed! :x

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

5 minutes ago, OldManCorcoran said:

No I wasn't.

People come here from Google and think you're Leo's right hand man. You need to be more careful about posting than most, because you're meant to be representing his ideas. You need to actually be able to comprehend things before responding with random stuff.

Well now you have my attention.   But yes you were.   I mean, Consciousness is all there is.  It is fundamental.  So how can a tree exist outside of your mind?   You said it did.  And by the way - right hand man? These are not his ideas.  Idealism- in fact- has existed for thousands of years.  The idea that reality is an idea, I mean.  The Buddha, for example- knew this very basic concept.   Yet you struggle with it.  I don't want you to struggle with it.  I would much rather you just accept what is - rather than make up lame excuses.   But its quite obvious that's what you are doing.  If I'm being harsh, maybe that's because it might do you good.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I mean, Consciousness is all there is.  It is fundamental. 

You're not quite getting it. Consciousness and awareness are terrible pointers that cause much confusion. Consciousness is not what you think it is.

It really doesn't matter either way, but you don't seem to understand where @OldManCorcoran is coming from, and that may be because you're married to the idea of "consciousness"

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

1 minute ago, axiom said:

You're not quite getting it. Consciousness and awareness are terrible pointers that cause much confusion. Consciousness is not what you think it is.

Well, apparently it caused that for you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Consciousness is all there is.  It is fundamental.

This is correct.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, OldManCorcoran said:

It's as easy as calling being being, not calling it anything else.

Every word falls short of describing reality, but being is as good as any. The purpose of differentiating the states of being (absolute vs. relative) is to facilitate the realization that being loses and finds itself within its imagination. It is always being, but it is not always aware of its absolute nature. The apparent differentiation is a pointer created by itself to guide its awareness back to its absolute nature.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Well now you have my attention.   But yes you were.   I mean, Consciousness is all there is.  It is fundamental.  So how can a tree exist outside of your mind?   You said it did.  And by the way - right hand man? These are not his ideas.  Idealism- in fact- has existed for thousands of years.  The idea that reality is an idea, I mean.  The Buddha, for example- knew this very basic concept.   Yet you struggle with it.  I don't want you to struggle with it.  I would much rather you just accept what is - rather than make up lame excuses.   But its quite obvious that's what you are doing.  If I'm being harsh, maybe that's because it might do you good.

Consciousness is not what you think it is, because you haven't had ego death. Instead of a tree falling listen to a tune.

Here's a melody:

Listen to it. When you turn this melody off, I am going to listen to it. When I listen to it, you will be hearing it, even if you have a different song then playing. But you will not understand how because you will be sure that you are hearing whatever song you put on afterwards. "Your direct experience". Even if you are dead or asleep, when I listen to the song, you are hearing it.

The inability to comprehend how, is because of the self based framework.

Each and every time this melody plays, irrespective of who is there to hear it, or even if every living being in existence is long dead and the universe has ended, the melody plays. Existence exists as the experience of the melody. There is nothing else. Existence exists as hearing, as seeing, as touching, and whatever else. Existence exists as many things.

In the comminication "I am conscious of this tune" is nothing at all but the verbalization that the tune is present. There is nothing to consciousness but presence. It is the sheer untouched fact of existence. In which there is nobody witnessing any of it. Because there are no perceivers of perceptions. There are perceptions. Each time they appear, they appear exactly the same.

xD xD xD xD xD

Edited by tuku747