withinUverse

Wow! as a newbie... What the hell did I just walk into? (Actualized Forum)

60 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, withinUverse said:

Puerto Rico, eh?  Everybody has great things to say about Puerto Rico.  I know I'll be making my way there sometime.  Do you dance by chance?  lol... I've met amazing dancers from Puerto Rico 

Yes indeed, this is the tropical here so it is summer vibes everyday lol. I dance doing my best haha, I know the basics tho of at least salsa. Do you dance? 

9 hours ago, withinUverse said:

lol... I've actually drank 48 times within 5 years... but I'm going to be drinking Aya for a while and I don't think I can continue to keep track.  Have you found any difference in your creativity since drinking Aya?  

Damn gurl! Jaja, impressive. And YES! I had other psychedelics like mushrooms and LSD but ayahuasca, for some reason my life and art takes a new different route everytime. After finishing a session, I can find new pathways of working my art, mushroom and LSD still does that but aya takes it to another level. I even would dare to said that my eyesight has improved by each session so I can notice new details on everywhere, as if you can see 10x or more stuff in your environment.

I think there should be a list from where we could choose what kind of post we want to create and each one should have its price. :D

@Juan

24 minutes ago, Juan said:

Yes indeed, this is the tropical here so it is summer vibes everyday lol. I dance doing my best haha, I know the basics tho of at least salsa. Do you dance? 

Tropical vibes are so satisfying.  I just typed in Puerto Rico in the search, and I saw that it's home to the only tropical rainforest in the US.  Interesting... So my mother's side is from American Samoa, and there's a tropical rainforest there as well.  Lol... we're both territories of the US; I was curious to know what makes Puerto Rico's rainforest different than American Samoa's?  Any way... Salsa is a ton of fun!  I love to dance!  I want to travel around and dance everywhere I go.  I know if I was in Puerto Rico, I'd be exploring the rainforest during the day and dancing at night :) 

31 minutes ago, Juan said:

Damn gurl! Jaja, impressive. And YES! I had other psychedelics like mushrooms and LSD but ayahuasca, for some reason my life and art takes a new different route everytime. After finishing a session, I can find new pathways of working my art, mushroom and LSD still does that but aya takes it to another level. I even would dare to said that my eyesight has improved by each session so I can notice new details on everywhere, as if you can see 10x or more stuff in your environment.

Yeesss!  That's awesome!  I can relate, especially because I've tried other psychedelics but for some reason Aya is just something different.  In fact, when I go back to say mushrooms, there are moments of Aya that comes into my experience.  It's unusual because it seems like I don't even want other psychedelics anymore, but I'm so glad I was still open to trying new ones... that's how I found Bufo.  Bufo is up there with Aya as well for me... just for different reasons.  For me Bufo seems like it can give direct experiences of what Awakening feels like.  I know that it's not like that for everyone I've shared experiences with... but for me it's just as fulfilling.  These experiences have given me so much drive and has inspired to make solid changes in my life.  I can try to explain it... it's like the psychedelics become my theory even though their direct experiences.  They give me a theoretical reality that I can create through the direct experiences of change.  Eventually I know I'll not have to use psychedelics.  That's one of things I've got in my bag of work... eventually embodying the abilities to use this physical reality to gain insights that move me as much as the psychedelic experience.  But for now, I'm still gaining so much value with psychedelics.  

11 hours ago, withinUverse said:

I'm not familiar with neurodiverse. 

This short article explains it well: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/autism/neurodiversity-and-the-benefits-autism#what-are-the-benefits-of-thinking-differently

When I hear you say what I see as real, you may not, and vice-versa are you talking existentially?  Or what's commonly known as physical, waking world?  Do you see things differently in the physical, waking world then most?  As an example, when I'm experiencing psychedelics with others, we usually aren't seeing the same visions in the shared physical, waking world together.  In fact the physical, waking world seems to not be there any longer sometimes (depending on which psychedelic).  But if we go on a walk in the park, in general we perceive we're in a shared environment that's in nature with trees, birds, and grass let's say.  

I think a great example is how I spend most of my time socializing. I like to spend time in small Twitch communities. There’s a streamer live broadcasting, and there’s a chatroom. I socialize in the chatroom. 

I think pre-pandemic, lots of people would’ve had a paradigm that that’s not “real” socializing. I think the pandemic has opened a lot of people’s minds regarding online social interaction, and they’re open to seeing that as “real” now.

Or what about VR social interaction? If, in VR I find myself in a forest with others, am I really in a forest with others or am I in my living room by myself? Hmm… ^_^

Of course, I still believe there needs to be a balance between online and offline social interaction (something I still struggle with). 

Your experience is your truth and is real for you.  My experience is my truth and is real for me.  

Exactly.

If I was in your shoes... I would remind myself that I have a unique opportunity to discover my capacity to face challenges that I've placed for myself to overcome.  I know with my intelligence, creativity, determination and courage I can find solutions to anything.  I don't know if you've gained this understanding, but your words you repeat to yourself is crucial.  You are always listening to your thoughts and speech.  You are literally convincing yourself the experience you want to create.  Continue to work on limiting beliefs along with beliefs in general.  You're already in this Forum, and in my mind... you're farther along in the work than most.  You're already doing it :) 

Thank you :x

I have a lot of negative self talk about myself, but it’s gotten a lot better after I did psychedelic treatment last year (done legally; under medical and therapist supervision). I continue to work on it!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Understander

22 minutes ago, Understander said:

I think there should be a list from where we could choose what kind of post we want to create and each one should have its price. :D

Hello there... I think that's what already happens :) In our current consciousness we create a list for ourselves of where we want to focus our attention.  Pretty sure there's many items on that list, so we choose which one to focus on (to simplify we'll say it's one).  There's our beginning choice.  Now how do we present our focus... here's another list of options again limited to our current consciousness.  One might ask themselves:  what am I trying to get from my focus?  Again, to simplify we can say, do I want constructive criticism or judgements?  (A) Depending on our current consciousness we may feel like purging out emotions that are stuck so maybe we choose to activate judgement.  Now there's a price or consequence once we've chosen.  Depending on our current consciousness, we may have reactions to the judgements (if we allowed others to hear us, and they have responded).  (1) One could cause emotional satisfaction by gaining confirmation of others who are wanting to purge out their emotions too.  (2) Another could cause emotional suffering by getting so absorbed in our attachment to the words as identity.  To keep it simple we know there are many other reactions but we're trying to not complicate things that are complex already.  (B) So maybe depending on our current consciousness we may choose to focus where we are trying to result in constructive criticism.  Again, there's a price or consequence once we've chosen to allow others to hear us and listen to their response.  (1) One response could cause intellectual curiosity by gaining confirmation from others which we hadn't previously thought about... maybe introduced a new way of looking at the same situation.  This may cause you to entertain the ideas to see whether it's true for you or not.  (2) Another response could cause intellectual defensiveness by getting so absorbed in our attachment to the words as identity.  This could be a general model of the price when we actually take action to express.  (C) Of course, others of us choose not to express in the first place.  To simplify maybe we can use this Forum.  Some may choose to just read conversations and interactions.  We chose we want to focus our attention. Now what's the price or consequences?  (A) We could be aware that we aren't ready to put our thoughts out, and we know that we just need a little more time before we have the courage to express.   We know that we will gain much more value from doing the action of typing, expressing and observing what our reactions from the result of doing.   We're just not ready yet, but we are aware of our current consciousness.  (B) We could be unaware we are trapped in our mind conversations.  We can read the interactions and come up with stories why we agree or not.  We already know what we know.  We feel that if they are different than what I know, it isn't going to give me value.  We'll just continue to create our own mindscapes without experimentation.  We get so absorbed in our attachment to the conversation in our mind as identity.  

This is how I interpret your words and how I chose to present my thoughts.  I'm not sure or maybe I didn't want to assume you were being facetious.  I wouldn't recommend an authority figure to choose the list for us at a designated amount of currency.  I was suggesting maybe there are other people who look at situations in a wholistic sense who want to guide others constructively.  Maybe these people have gained huge amounts of life experience to see where allowing negativity and toxicity run amok isn't as constructive, especially if majority of the people aren't aware of their own current consciousness.  Now if people are aware of their current consciousness, then we can see negativity and toxicity run amok is one of the beautiful ways Infinite Intelligence allows so we can have the opportunity to process from direct experience.  I guess I'm trying to see who I'm dealing with... the conscious or the unconscious of course it's a mix :) 

But I want to thank you, you actually helped me confirm what I was entertaining in my mind on what I want to focus my attention on this Forum.  

@AndylizedAAY

1 hour ago, AndylizedAAY said:

@withinUverse Wow, you are already creating high quality posts much faster than I did, good for you!

For some reason I've been drawn to focus my attention here and I'm loving it!  In the back of my head, I'm warning myself that I could get swallowed up in this, but I've gained experience with this and I'm confident that I can give my full attention for this period of time and see where it goes.  I know there's passions driving me for future endeavors, so I know this won't absorb me forever.  It's already been extremely beneficial for me, and I hope to be beneficial to others by example.  Raising consciousness work is my passion, so this won't be a waste of time.  I've had a few days to digest this Forum and I asked myself what I feel I could gain and give... I've got some ideas I want to experiment with, and I'm getting excited to try them out!  Nice to meet you :) 

@Yimpa

52 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

I'm enjoying our conversations and I'd like to say you're doing it sir... you're doing the work and I'm excited for you.  I apologize, but I'm going to choose to not read the article.  I know it's easy to place labels on ourselves, but I don't understand that label whether it's nuerodiverse, easy-going, uptight, smart, stupid... you get the idea... these labels aren't what I'm interested in.  I know you are far more than the label we identify with.  If it's ok with you I'd rather continue conversations to get a better sense of who you are.  That article won't tell me who Yimpa is :) 

59 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Of course, I still believe there needs to be a balance between online and offline social interaction (something I still struggle with). 

Yes sir... balance!  At least you are aware you are struggling with offline social interactions.  And this is an area of life where you want to make a change, right.  Change is tough at first.  We've created a homoeostasis.  Your internal mental stability is comfortable with online socializing.  Do you remember how you felt when you first started chatting online?  I'm going to assume that you weren't born in the Web...lol :) You had to change your behavior to even start chatting online. 

I remember my first time typing socially on the internet... back in the day when we had to dial up.  I was around 7th grade (1995), and I was rotten!  I don't even remember who I was talking to.  I remember I was hesitant to even type (small sense of fear), but I just went for it.  I just remember that I was cussing and causing chaos... lol It was exciting and new.. I've been mostly adventurous from the beginning.  My mom said that when I started to walk... I walked right out the door wanting to explore.  She wanted me to be like my brother who wanted to always be with her...lol

But what about you?  Do you remember if you were nervous or excited maybe?  You've done many changes in your life but sometimes we forget that once we started doing the change there was a sense of fear that we overcame.   The more we repeated this new change we found there was nothing to be afraid of after we've gained homeostasis.  Some things create a stronger sense of fear then others which makes us create a huge barrier for that particular thing to even attempt to overcome.  But if you remember the other changes that didn't have a strong sense of fear, you were able to be successful.  If you can accomplish small fears, you can accomplish large fears as well.  Trust yourself you can!  

I'm not sure if it's possible, but have you spoken to these online friends to meet in real life?  You already know how to communicate together.  They live in the real world too... so you can be offline gaining experience to be comfortable socializing with people you are already comfortable talking with online.  

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Or what about VR social interaction? If, in VR I find myself in a forest with others, am I really in a forest with others or am I in my living room by myself? Hmm… ^_^

You are gaining more consciousness that Reality and perception can be complex and dynamic.  It doesn't have to be an exclusive awareness where it's this or that.  It can be a more inclusive awareness that you're comfortable and excited that your consciousness has the ability to seem to be split. Not only are you in your living room but also in a virtual forest at the same time.  It's pretty cool to be speaking with people in the virtual forest and then your roommate taps you on the shoulder in the living room to ask if you want to go get dinner together.  You are more complex and dynamic and it's possible for you to develop your own understanding of what that means.  

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Thank you :x

I have a lot of negative self talk about myself, but it’s gotten a lot better after I did psychedelic treatment last year (done legally; under medical and therapist supervision). I continue to work on it!

Very good!  The work isn't that you just automatically stop talking negatively to yourself.  It's being aware and conscious when you catch yourself doing it.  At first, you've conditioned yourself to talk that way, so it seems like you don't even notice being negative; it may be what we call natural.  But all of a sudden, you're like wait... I'm aware that I just told myself something negative... remind yourself that I'm working on this... what can I tell myself that isn't so negative.  A good way to do this is to remind yourself you're learning and I'm going to get better.  You can gain your awareness that there may be many times that you catch yourself... that's a good thing you're gaining more consciousness.  Continue to repeat addressing the negativity and changing into something more constructive.  Eventually you can gain awareness that you're not catching yourself as much because you've changed the behavior of negative self-talk.   Your understanding will continue to deepen the more you apply yourself.  

I think it's super cool that you're finding value from the medical psychedelic treatments and therapist supervision.  You're like one of the first people who gets to see if psychedelics works or not legally in the States (I'm assuming).  I know you're the first person I've spoken to.  This wave of legal medical psychedelic therapy is going to avalanche dramatic shifts in the collective consciousness and of course personal.  I'm curious to see how it unfolds.  Do you mind giving me more details about your experience?  I'm curious :) 

@Understander

1 hour ago, Understander said:

@withinUverse Glad to be of help.

And I was joking. ^_^

By price I meant real money.

:) I apologize if we were together and chatting it up and I would have more context than I'd be able to perceive the joke.  I'm learning how to better interpret words online without voice intonation and physical cues.  

I'm aware that we're having a conversation in a conscious building Forum where our conversations are public.  I want to be respectful to you and engage, but I also want to engage with others in our community who might be reading as well.  I know I can be intense and so you all are helping me be more casual when I'm dealing with consciousness work.  Be patient with me... I'm learning 

@withinUverse

No need to apologize for not getting a joke. :)

You are overthinking. Just relax and have fun.

I was way more afraid and overly critical of myself when I joined actualized.org.

I get you. You will be fine.

I recommend you to watch Leo's latest video.

Edited by Understander

@Understander

6 hours ago, Understander said:

@withinUverse

No need to apologize for not getting a joke. :)

You are overthinking. Just relax and have fun.

I was way more afraid and overly critical of myself when I joined actualized.org.

I get you. You will be fine.

I recommend you to watch Leo's latest video.

Thank you!  I hadn't seen there was a new one posted.  Thank you, truly :) 

21 hours ago, withinUverse said:

You've done many changes in your life but sometimes we forget that once we started doing the change there was a sense of fear that we overcame.   The more we repeated this new change we found there was nothing to be afraid of after we've gained homeostasis.  Some things create a stronger sense of fear then others which makes us create a huge barrier for that particular thing to even attempt to overcome.  But if you remember the other changes that didn't have a strong sense of fear, you were able to be successful.  If you can accomplish small fears, you can accomplish large fears as well.  Trust yourself you can!  

I have OCD, and that’s how treatment works for it. I expose myself to smaller fears, while not doing compulsion to neutralize the fear. Once I overcome the smaller fears, I work my way up to more challenging ones. 

That’s also similar to how my ketamine treatment went. They started me with a low dose, then ramped up to higher dosages. By my last session I was able to do it without a therapist by my side.

21 hours ago, withinUverse said:

I'm not sure if it's possible, but have you spoken to these online friends to meet in real life?  You already know how to communicate together.  They live in the real world too... so you can be offline gaining experience to be comfortable socializing with people you are already comfortable talking with online.  

Yes, I’ve met some in real life. It’s something I need to purposefully do and practice, though, as it’s not something that’s natural for me.

22 hours ago, withinUverse said:

I think it's super cool that you're finding value from the medical psychedelic treatments and therapist supervision.  You're like one of the first people who gets to see if psychedelics works or not legally in the States (I'm assuming).  I know you're the first person I've spoken to.  This wave of legal medical psychedelic therapy is going to avalanche dramatic shifts in the collective consciousness and of course personal.  I'm curious to see how it unfolds.  Do you mind giving me more details about your experience?  I'm curious :) 

Yes, I live in Texas. It’s ironic since Texas is a conservative state; yet ketamine treatment is legal and openly available to those who need it.

I’ve shared a bit of my experience here

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@AndylizedAAY

22 hours ago, AndylizedAAY said:

@withinUverse What brings you here with using the forum? 

Well I've known about the forum so it's been stored back in my mind as a possibility.  I happened to watch "the how to get laid" series after I skipped it, and I had a recommendation.  I thought having a feminine perspective might help someone.  I thought first to maybe just make a comment, but I figured I could give more information, so I thought I'd try out the forum.  There's were a few days before I was accepted and there's my mind wondering if I wanted to get involved with the forum or not.  I haven't been involved with a forum before so I figured it would be a good opportunity to check it out.  I assumed there would be people here that I could relate with and vice versa.  

I want to ask myself... why am I still using the forum?  I've been gaining benefits in just a few days.  I went through a drastic transformation in my life, and I'm now getting an opportunity to see how I'm processing information and how I'm responding differently using this new format.  I'm still feeling out the way to proceed.  As an example, I want to answer your question.  I decided to choose to tell you the brief days before I got on.  But in another sense, everything has brought me to this moment too.  In this moment what can I choose to express and how?  I decided to redirect the question because I thought maybe I can gain a better understanding of where I'm at in this process.   That is what's so different about this being my first forum.  I'm conscious our conversation is public.  I'm assuming others are building their consciousness... maybe I can respond in a way that can help or possibly teach others who can understand my style of presentation.  I know I'm learning from having conversations here.  Maybe there's different styles of presentation I can develop.  I feel like I want to be open and vulnerable, and I feel like I want to reply with my process of thought.  I find that the words I'm reading can be digested in so many more ways than usual.  I feel like I'm looking for more clarification from others and myself.  I'm figuring out how many assumptions I've had about someone's words... and yet it's almost like I'm trying to clarify what level of consciousness they are in too.  Maybe I'm trying to find a way to communicate on different levels of consciousness so the person I'm speaking with understands, but also others who are at a different level.  I know I've experienced this myself.  One year I can read or hear something and there was an understanding.  But when I return to the same source, I understand more.  I realize my consciousness grew and I was able to allow more information in.  I haven't posted much, but I'm trying to find a way that's effective.  I want to get better at this so I feel this forum will help me build better communication skills.  

What about you?  What brought you here and why do you continue using the forum?  

@Yimpa

Wow... you're doing amazing! I'd say you're a man who does high consciousness work and being very successful with it.  In fact, you're well on your way of not even having to mention your mental illnesses, neurodiverse, or OCD.  You're healing yourself!  Of course, with some help, but others aren't as conscious and see themselves always having to deal with it.  It looks like you've got an opportunity to re-tell your story. 

I have a dear friend who had been taking xanax since middle school.  She also abused her drug engagement.  She ended up developing epilepsy.  In fact, I was there when she started having them.  Her addiction had gotten out of hand, and I couldn't watch... so I kept distance from her.  I'd check in once in a while.  I knew she ended up on disability because of her epilepsy, and she had an implant installed to help.  Two years ago, we had a video conversation and I noticed she wasn't messed up.  I happened to be in town, and asked if I could stop by.  I was amazed she was recovering from her addiction.   She had been sober for over a year.  She still drinks casually, and she had medication for her epilepsy, but she said she's trying to ween herself off of them.  She was finding that she wasn't having as many episodes.  I am so happy for her... I can understand how much work it took for her to get clean.  But I asked her if she could ever see herself without having epilepsy?  She said during her addiction she couldn't see, but since her sobriety she feels like there's a possibility of it now.  This story came up in my mind, so I'm wondering if it's ok for me to ask the same question to you.  Seems like you're at a point where you know there's work to be done, but you're finding solutions.  Could you ever see yourself without having mental illness, neurodiverse, or OCD?  

1 hour ago, withinUverse said:

Could you ever see yourself without having mental illness, neurodiverse, or OCD?  

Absolutely, but that would imply going beyond being a human. Those conditions you refer to are human conditions. 

Also, thank you for sharing that story about your friend. I also have a friend who struggle with a lot of heavy stuff. We used to be really close, but I started to realize that our values were no longer aligning. I speak to her from time to time, but not as much as I used to. 

@Yimpa

8 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Absolutely, but that would imply going beyond being a human. Those conditions you refer to are human conditions. 

:x Absolutely sir... so again I'll remind you to watch your words.  You're telling yourself what story you want to create; be deliberate. 

11 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Also, thank you for sharing that story about your friend. I also have a friend who struggle with a lot of heavy stuff. We used to be really close, but I started to realize that our values were no longer aligning. I speak to her from time to time, but not as much as I used to. 

You're welcome.  Knowing your values is valuable.  I've found myself distancing with several friends.  I still have their memories... and I'm open to attract each other back.  I find I'm more deliberate with who I spend long periods of focus on.  And I'm becoming more aware that when or if we meet again, they will be different from the memories of the person I once knew.  I'll get the pleasure of meeting them and introducing the new version of myself.  

11 minutes ago, withinUverse said:

:x Absolutely sir... so again I'll remind you to watch your words.  You're telling yourself what story you want to create; be deliberate. 

I used to reject or avoid that responsibility altogether, mainly from past upbringing and conditioning. 

Now I’m starting to discover the power of stories. This is a skill I want to nurture. 

@Yimpa

13 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Now I’m starting to discover the power of stories. This is a skill I want to nurture. 

If this is a skill you want to nurture, then be patient with yourself and be better conscious of the words you are saying and thinking to yourself and others.  You're already making this your reality just like other things you want to continue to nurture.    It seems like it doesn't happen as quickly as you think it should.  But eventually you might appreciate why there might be a waiting period.  

I just want to say thank you for having these few conversations.  I've been learning a lot from our interaction.  I'm also very excited to hear some of the experiences you had from medical psychedelic therapy.  I may be grossly oversimplifying... but you're giving me hope using psychedelics medically.  It's as if I can compare people who use prescription drugs versus psychedelic treatment.  When I speak to the different sides per se, many use prescription drugs assume they are going to just continue using these drugs forever because they've identified with whatever label they or society has given them.  When I spoke to you using psychedelic treatments, you are becoming more conscious that absolutely it's possible for you to not identify with your labels, because one day you'll heal yourself to that point of understanding.  It's hopeful to see the collective becoming more conscious.